Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:05:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames that you remember but no one else does.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Games that you remember but no one else does.  (Read 18298 times)
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2014, 02:29:03 AM »

Throne of Darkness however...

For some reason this title immediately reminded me of two games that I greatly enjoyed but that are rarely mentioned: Blackthorne (a Blizzard game actually) and Heart of Darkness.

Maybe I should revisit them as I never completed either...

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »

Well, Throne of Darkness was a squad based Diablolike so theres another blizzard game it coudl remind you of

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 01:23:12 PM »

Little Big Adventure.
Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »

Played the shit out of LBA 2 with a friend when we were little, but we understood close to nothing.

Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »

Crusader: No Remorse

bitserum
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »

^ No idea what that is, but it reminded me of Z somehow

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

swarm assault

valrus
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 08:01:31 PM »

Three from me; not sure if they count as forgotten but I've never heard anyone else mention them.

Transarctica (Silmarils, 1993): Manage giant trains in a postapocalyptic ice Earth, plus vikings and mammoths.

Nomad (GameTek, 1993): Got decent press and reviews at the time, now there's not a single Let's Play or anything out there.  (Not that I think it needs to be remembered as a classic or anything, I'm just surprised it barely seems to be remembered at ALL.)

Crisis in the Kremlin (Spectrum Holobyte, 1991): Post-1985 Soviet Union historical simulation.  I wouldn't expect anyone to remember this, it was a niche title even at the time.  But it's kind of interesting as a historical simulation simulating what were at the time *current* events.

Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »

Vegi

it's like snake, but in this game you are allowed to touch walls. swamps and other pits kill you. Green makes you longer, red makes you shorter. Plus faster, minus slower.
Siilk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2014, 09:22:15 PM »

^ No idea what that is, but it reminded me of Z somehow

Heh, no, it was an isometric (stealth)action game, not unlike Deus Ex actually but with a bit less stealth and more action-oriented gameplay. you could use a lot of futuristic weapons and items(microwave gun, spider mines etc) along with more conventional ones(assault rifles, explosive charges) and could even gain control of security cameras, gun emplacements and remotely controlled robots via various computer terminals.

And yeah, Z was fun too. Smiley

Three from me; not sure if they count as forgotten but I've never heard anyone else mention them.

Transarctica (Silmarils, 1993): Manage giant trains in a postapocalyptic ice Earth, plus vikings and mammoths.

I love this one! Made by French "Silmarils, Transarctica(aka Arctic Baron) had sort of elite-like gameplay where you have to trade with various cities and outposts and a rather unique train dueling minigame in the form of tower defence/offence(well, sort of). And I really love the train design there

(title screen)

(box art)

Speaking of Silmarils,

Metal Mutant!

No, it's not a fighting game, it's a sci-fi platformer with metroidvania elements. It was fantastically beautiful for the time and the gameplay was interesting and rather innovative.
Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »

swarm assault

Hey, I remember this! No idea where from, but I think I played a demo.

(box art)

This is amazing Shocked

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2014, 01:30:14 AM »

SRAM: one of the few french adventure game of the DOS era.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »

Crusader: No Remorse

Oh god yes!!! so much awesomeness.

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2014, 01:56:43 AM »

This picture reminds me of another game called Bedlam. It had the same sort of graphical style, and was some kind of robot shooter where you controlled 1-3 robots equipped with various weapons purchased between missions. I distinctly remember that one of the enemies (obstacles?) you faced in it was an ever-expanding mass of red goo.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Jompe71
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2014, 05:02:36 AM »

The screenshots was of so poor quality, so I don't link to them here, but the game "Silver" was awesome!  Hand Thumbs Up Left
jiitype
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2014, 06:14:51 AM »

Scooby-Doo Classic Creep Capers on Game Boy Color. It was a point-and-click adventure game. I didn't know any english back then so naturally I never finished it. I liked to play it for some reason. The music still plays in my head from time to time.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »

Little Big Adventure.

i remember

Siilk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

P.N. 03, anyone?

Interface
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »

Crusade no remorse and Z! I had forgotten about those. Awesome, now I'm going to have to dig those up!!
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 03:00:35 AM »

In Quarantine you drove a taxi with huge guns strapped to it which you would use on the other taxis to keep 'em off your route and you also ran people over and their blood would splash all over the screen (big selling point). There was more to it than that, I think, all I ever did was drive around shooting up cars and running people over so I wouldn't know, I just assumed that there was much like how you assume that the Elder Scrolls has a story that you aren't following because that's reet boring and you're too busy casing houses and insulting people in pubs until they start a fight with you so you can kill 'em without getting nicked.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic