Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:31:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHuman Hugs
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Human Hugs  (Read 334656 times)
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 19, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »

Why do you feel worthless? Man, only you get to decide what's of value in your life and if all the things that are important to you are progressing, then just relax and look at your accomplishments.

In my life, I just found out that a class mate of mine died of a heart attack in her sleep, which is shocking, cause she seemed fairly healthy. I didn't know her well, but it's a little terrifying to know that people around me are dying, and that I'm going to die as well someday. Just... remember to live every life to the fullest, guys. You only live once. YOLO.

Getting older isn't fun. :<
*pats

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2141 on: February 20, 2015, 12:10:31 AM »

<3

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2142 on: February 20, 2015, 01:24:45 AM »

Oh I didn't know you had medical depression rj. I'm sorry. Here, commere, let me give you a bear hug.

Don't be depressed, I like you. At least your internet persona is one of my fav personas on the web.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2143 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »

chie has best persona

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 21, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »

in a pretty low depressive episode right now and i feel basically worthless as hell. worst is that things are amazing right now. everything is fantastic, my life is going pretty ok right now, i landed three new good contracts recently and my girlfriend got a steady job and we're okay and i made a breakthrough in my comic and my game is coming long

but i just feel like it's all stupid and worthless, even though i can rationally recognize that everything is good. so that's where i am. i'll get over it but it sucks chunks in the meantime, especially because it's making me lose sleep. so that's gross

yep i know exactly what you mean. Sad

hope your episode is over soon
framk
Level 2

I don't know anything

View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: March 05, 2015, 12:55:28 PM »

Not looking for a hug this time, but offering up some advice to those who may need one:
About this time last year I was in a really bad place in my life that at the time I didn't think I could get out of. I became so depressed that I would spend days on end curled up in a ball on the floor of my bedroom unable to do anything, thinking that maybe the only option at that point was to kill myself. Family and friends reached out to me and I was terrified at first to admit that something was wrong, but ultimately I opened up. It's strange, I was so consumed with fear and anxiety about admitting to the people I loved that I felt so worthless and hopeless. The love and support I received was more than I ever could have expected, and I learned to move forward one day at a time.
It's hard to crawl out of the deep depths of depression, and may seem impossible at times, but consider for a moment how incredibly small your chances of even experiencing this great big wonderful thing called existence is. Millions of years of evolution, growth and development of our species, successful reproduction, love, loss, triumph and tragedy all comprise the very ability each and every one of us have to wake up each day and take each day for granted.

You may not believe it now, but you're so incredibly important. Hang in there, I believe in you.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 05, 2015, 01:23:36 PM »

Nine months left until I can see my boyfriend again. Woo. Long distance relationships are the best...

I'm just gonna drown my loneliness in videogames.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2147 on: March 05, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »

hey dude, long distance can work out okay if you let it. i spent the last two and a half years long distance (two thousand miles long distance) and now she lives with me here and chicago, and things are okay.

dunno what your situation is, but i hope for the best for you

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 05, 2015, 03:15:51 PM »

Sometimes I wonder if he's really prepared to take the leap over the ocean. I can only imagine that leaving an entire continent behind like that could break the most composed of individuals. He says he loathes America and wants to get out, but does he truly know what he's going to lose until he makes that move?

We had a month together in December last year; it was wonderful to be with him, but in retrospect I feel like I did not properly manage the time. I should have gone to more places and showed him more things. I also don't know how long I can keep up the facade that he is merely a good friend of mine. Even my best friend since primary school does not know we fuck each other, haha.

He's trying to learn the language but it's hard. The irony of it all is that Swedish bilingualism is the greatest obstacle. Since so much of the culture and media of Sweden is in English instead of our native language, there is very little material to work with for those who want to learn it.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2149 on: March 05, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »

From what I've seen he'll learn quickly once he gets here and goes through his SFI and starts mingling with the locals. Swedish is one of the easiest languages for an english speaker to learn after all.

But ya another problem is that we're so enthusiastic to use our english skillz with foreigners so they don't get much practice. My sis in law is completely fluent now after living here for 5+ years but I still mostly speak english with her cuz eh, it's fun and feels more natural?

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 05, 2015, 03:51:20 PM »

We had a month together in December last year; it was wonderful to be with him, but in retrospect I feel like I did not properly manage the time. I should have gone to more places and showed him more things.

i know its easier to say than do, but don't beat yourself up over things like this.  Smiley
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 06, 2015, 02:19:11 AM »

Thanks for the support guys. I have a few ideas of my own to help him learn Swedish and I just need to find the time for them. In the past I've made some silly Swedish-learning games in Construct with romantic messages baked into them and I think he'd enjoy seeing more such things. I also had the idea to draw little doodles of everyday items and writing their swedish names underneath the picture.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2152 on: March 06, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »

just have him listen to these

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
SouldomainTM
Level 0

"In Science We Trust"

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 18, 2015, 04:30:30 AM »

I always wanted to hug her.

Then I saw its endoskeleton and how it hugs people by trowing them around like a basketball. No I like her even more. It's always healthy to let it out.

Hugs anybody? :D

JWK5
« Reply #2154 on: March 18, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »

It is pretty easy to just browse through these forums writing it all off as just words on a page, random opinions that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, a collection of phony personas by people I don't really know, and yet I am drawn to it again and again.

In my time here I've had just bout every emotion in the spectrum tapped. I've received much encouragement and have had my opinions challenged on many occasions. I've butted heads with others, I've stuck my foot in my mouth more times than I can count. Above all else I've always have been given a lot to think about here.

The general consensus is that you should not care too much about what is said on the internet, especially forums, but honestly I do. Behind the words on the screen is the mind of a person behind the computer that posted them. Like the people I meet directly around me, the people here stick in the mind and I feel a certain sense of connection.

I am a pretty dysfunctional human being but I find a sense of belonging here, in the grand scheme of my life these forums are a tiny oasis where I can vent my thoughts (and sometimes lose my mind) and still in the end feel a sense of acceptance.

So in short, you guys are awesome. All of you. I know life can be rough, but never underestimate how valuable your presence alone can be in the lives of others, no matter how far or vicarious your presence may be. I am not trying to go all Hallmark on you all here, but I do feel like taking a moment to appreciate the meaning you all bring to my table is in order. Thank you all for the incredible opportunities for change and understanding you have given me, it does not go unremembered.

*Hugs* Coffee
~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2155 on: March 28, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »

People, if you are thinking to work in the healthcare field, please don't do this.
Or at least, be stone cold. Never bond. Never.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2156 on: March 28, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »

ouch...

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 28, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »

One might as well give that advice for life as a whole.

Someone who actually cares would make me feel safer, at least. It's not in vain.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2158 on: March 31, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »

Recently I've been having a series of panic attacks whenever it's late at night, because I start thinking about death. It utterly terrifies me, and there's no logic I can see to rationalize not being scared. Has anyone been through this, and does anyone have any advice? I don't want anyone I know to die, even though I've had pretty shaky relationships with people close to me.

~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2159 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:52 PM »

One might as well give that advice for life as a whole.

Someone who actually cares would make me feel safer, at least. It's not in vain.
Were you talking about me?
If yes...well, It's hard. It's hard because, you are kinda supposed to be cold, at least a bit. But then you end up bonding.
And then sh*t happens.
And then, you feel like a plastic bag. You think you did the right thing, or maybe you did wrong. You don't even know.
Did I make the difference?
Or was I only a stupid nuisance?
I won't never know.
And I hate this.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic