Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:39:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Visual novel] looking for a writer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Visual novel] looking for a writer  (Read 752 times)
DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:36:40 AM »

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a writer to work with me (and not for me) on a gothic and burtonian visual novel.

Sadik City is a game I've worked on a long time ago. We've wanted to do a web-based RPG. We didn't realized how time-consuming it would be and we finally decided to put the project on hold. The time passed on we never get the time to work on it again. I still have a lot of awesome graphism and it would be a shame to let it unused. Therefore, I would like to make a short visual novel.

Most part of the graphism is already made. There are already more than fifty available characters.
I took some time lately to adapt another project's framework in order to easily make visual novels. The front end needs improvement, but everything is functional.
Since graphism and programmation are mostly finished, the completion on the game will from now mostly relies on the writer motivation.

The game is based on a sm, gothic and burtonian universe. The ambiance is deviant and pretty screwed up. To have more liberty in the story writing, it should be forbidden under 18.

I've made a quick demo. It is an example made to show the character design and some features of the framework. It is full of english mistakes and there are still few bugs. Once the text was written, it took me only half an hour to integrate to the game. There is a short plot introduction with some film noir vibes, but I don't plan it to use it in the final game and it is not especially how I would like the story to be written. The plot will depend on the writer ideas as I strongly believe the writer should be able to decide which story he or she wants to tell.

There is another demo made with the same framework. Texts and graphics belongs to the authors of Queen At Arms (thanks to them to let me use their content).

It will be an amateur project and I don't plan to make money out of it for now. If this short story is convincing enough, we could use it to start a Kickstarter campaign and if funded, to make a more ambitious game or other short stories. But for now, it is a free game and you shouldn't be expecting to be paid.

Thank you for reading me.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:48:17 PM by DrSchizo » Logged

One day, I will live in theory, because in theory, everything is possible!
Devlogs: Wind Fortress (RPG) and Sandbox Adventure (Visual Novels)
Qoelet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »

Check my PM!  Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic