Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:05:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShoppy Mart: Steam Edition (OUT ON STEAM NOW!)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Shoppy Mart: Steam Edition (OUT ON STEAM NOW!)  (Read 10462 times)
Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »

I flippin love how simple this game is. The video on your greenlight is so awesome. It's friggin' groceries!

Thanks man! I was hoping it'd be pretty straightforward. Smiley

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »

I put out a little update the other day fixing some bugs that were reported, maybe one day I'll revisit it, but I think with that update I'm done with the game!

It feels good, and kinda weird. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback and advice along the way. My next project is going to be working on a game I made for #letscookjam called Bad Onion. You can play the prototype I made for Lets Cook Jam here. The protype has 1 'mission' and takes about 5 minutes to play. I plan on expanding it to 5 missions and telling a short story. I don't know if I'll start a devlog about it, I think I'll just work on it and release it when it's finished. We'll see.

Here's a gif of Bad Onion if you're interested:

Thanks again everyone.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2015, 05:42:11 PM »

After a month, I'm back to working on Shoppy Mart.

I've been talking to a handful of people about the future of Shoppy Mart and now that decisions have been made and deadlines have been set. I'm resurrecting the devlog.

Here's quick look at what I've been working on:

New Bagging System/Mechanic
Up until now you've had no control of the bagging in Shoppy Mart, it has been a simple drag-n-drop mechanic, where items were bagged in the order they came, so you'd end up with liter soda bottles on top of bananas and eggs. Now each item has a weight and groceries can get crushed if you're not careful. The idea is that you have 2 bottom spots for heavier items such as cans, 2 middle spots for some produce/lighter items, and then a final top spot for eggs/bread.

Counting Change System/Mechanic
Previously change would just pop out of the register and you'd hand it to the customer. Now you are in charge of counting the exact change and giving it to the customer.

That's all for this update! I'll be posting some more stuff throughout the week on my twitter.

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 08:57:16 PM »

This update I'm pleased to announce:

New Customer Sprites

Finally got around to cleaning up the customers, after almost a year. They look better then before but are still limited to my art ability. The ones below are the 'default' look of each character, from here I can give them beards, hats, different shirts, and so on, to make a wide variety of customers coming in.

I still have to redo the background, its the right angle now but it needs to be cleaned up and given some more detail. That's all for now, thanks for reading.

-Brady

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 06:31:27 AM »

Is there a random chance that scanning an item will fail? I hope you make Shoppy Mart 2 and then Shoppy Mart 3D

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 09:47:31 AM »

Is there a random chance that scanning an item will fail? I hope you make Shoppy Mart 2 and then Shoppy Mart 3D

Currently no, I've played around with the idea before but I had a hard time figuring out how to tell the player that they didn't do anything wrong and to just try scanning it again.

I guess we'll have to see how Shoppy Mart does! I think the next step would probably be an android/iOS app.  Smiley

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »

Release Date Announcement Video:

Lots of work to do! I've been working on making the Steam Greenlight page look better, getting a press list together, and more press related kinda stuff.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:01:10 AM by Pezomi » Logged

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:44 PM »

Interview and Coupons
This week I've been working on the interview process that you'll have to go through when you start a new game, and adding coupons to the game.

The interview is to help people get a feel of the mood for the game. The interview is a about 8 questions long, each question giving you 3 options on how you want to answer it. First impressions are important, your answers will determine what the store manager thinks of you.

The coupons are being adding in to give another thing you have to pay attention/look out for. It's not a big change, but should be fun.

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 07:22:29 PM »

Shoppy Mart has been Greenlit!

The past handful of days I've been working on getting the game ready for steam. I've set up the cloud sync and achievements, now I just have figure out how I want to display the leaderboards.

As it sits right now I am ahead of schedule for the October 1st release, hopefully I can stick to it!

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »

Limited Access Beta available now!

I don't wanna give anything away about what I've been working on, but beta access is available now!

October 1st seems to be coming fast, but as it sits right now I am quite ahead of schedule!  Smiley

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »

So great to see the progress. Keep it up! Can't wait for Oct. 1st  Hand Money Right

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2015, 01:28:47 AM »

Very nice!

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »

SHOPPY MART IS OUT NOW!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/388360/

Thank you guys so much for the support over the past year!

I did a little post summarizing the development over on reddit if you wanna check it out, it talks about the ups and downs of the past year and summarizes it quite nicely. Thanks again for the support and the friends I've made. I've learned a lot and am excited about what's next!

Here's a little teaser:

Canned Turkey
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 01:01:15 PM »

GAME OF THE YEAR 2015

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic