Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:46:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralYour dream game?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Your dream game?  (Read 3754 times)
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 02:53:37 AM »

My version of Super Metroid isn't a Super Metroid clone because Super Metroid isn't my favorite game.

You can grow different fruits from the same seed. Just imagine;)

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 04:37:16 AM »

My version of Super Metroid isn't a Super Metroid clone because Super Metroid isn't my favorite game.

You can grow different fruits from the same seed. Just imagine;)

Yeah true... If game uses Super metroid like a map.. I would call it even Super metroid clones.. Its not Nintendo trademark.. Everyone can use it without any labelling..  What I liked about Symphony of night is that the gameplay was way different than Super metroid..Only similarities was the map and save room if I remember right.... Their inspiration came from Zelda instead of Super metroid... which is very interesting.. 
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 05:33:56 AM »

What I liked about Symphony of night is that the gameplay was way different than Super metroid..Only similarities was the map and save room if I remember right.... Their inspiration came from Zelda instead of Super metroid... which is very interesting.. 
What do you find interesting about it?

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 05:53:22 AM »

metroid is literally zelda with gravity though

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Terrytheplatypus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 06:23:55 AM »

one of my dream games would be another lands of dream game by jonas kyratzes
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »

What I liked about Symphony of night is that the gameplay was way different than Super metroid..Only similarities was the map and save room if I remember right.... Their inspiration came from Zelda instead of Super metroid... which is very interesting.. 
What do you find interesting about it?

I thought they came with idea after playing Super metroid... instead they where inspired buy Zelda 2 ..because it has had a lot of exploration and backtracking..  Zelda is an open world with specific dungeons you enter, while a Metroidvania type game has no dungeons per-say, but one big world... Its actually pretty much same..
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 06:48:58 AM »

I see. Zelda and Metroid have some back bones in common, yet you still felt Castlevania is different. In a similar sense my version of Super Metroid is a different game, even when more back bones are the same.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2015, 07:03:30 AM »

konami was making "metroidvanias" long before sotn. castlevania 2 is the most famous (and imo unfairly hated, thanks angry videobama nerd) example, but there are also the original akumajo dracula for msx and maze of galious, which was the inspiration for la mulana.
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2015, 07:05:36 AM »

I see. Zelda and Metroid have some back bones in common, yet you still felt Castlevania is different. In a similar sense my version of Super Metroid is a different game, even when more back bones are the same.

Can I ask you.. why u call it Super metroid version? Exploration and backtracking is nothing new... Everyone can use it... What made Castlevania different was the Rpg elements..
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2015, 07:14:30 AM »

Was  Xanadu: Dragon Slayer II first game that used metroid like a map? Its should called Xanaduvania... instead of metroidvania.
J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2015, 07:48:17 AM »

Can I ask you.. why u call it Super metroid version? Exploration and backtracking is nothing new... Everyone can use it... What made Castlevania different was the Rpg elements..
Because it is the closest thing I can put in one sentence. Adding or exchanging orthogonal elements in a game can make it more interesting and different, if you balance it right. In my case a major element is the combat system with all its implications. For example many liked the appearance of SA-X in Metroid Fusion. But should it stop there? SA-X is just a small local hack, but the core concept has dramatic potential. Evolution is a valid way to create new things.

beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »

Because it is the closest thing I can put in one sentence. Adding or exchanging orthogonal elements in a game can make it more interesting and different, if you balance it right. In my case a major element is the combat system with all its implications. For example many liked the appearance of SA-X in Metroid Fusion. But should it stop there? SA-X is just a small local hack, but the core concept has dramatic potential. Evolution is a valid way to create new things.

Personally I would call it action/adventure titles and there is  nothing wrong evolute genre with new fresh ideas... I would love to see your vision in future if you create your dream game..
mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2015, 08:22:42 AM »

I am doing it right now, learning pixel arts, learning game maker and constantly developing as I am learning.

But the 31 playable character and 40+ enemy animation is what's horsefu**king me in the ass, but at least I am enjoying it.

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2015, 08:32:31 AM »

My dream game is a truly open world Metroid-Vania with level design that makes fighting enemies fun in all/most situations. I have some sort of idea about how to do it.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »

we should prevent jsnake from making skynet, it's not ethical

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »

my dream game is what i thought spore was going to be when they showed the first previews of it
Will Wright and Peter Molyneux need to start a charity where they personally visit children in need and shit all over their dreams
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2015, 02:29:04 PM »

why nobody picked up there? the tools and procedure to make it happen exist ...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »

i would do it but what i have in mind is super ambitious. the first thing i would do is eliminate the separation into phases.

the second thing (related to this) would be to preserve the game's "micro to macro" progression but make it dynamic and keep all the micro aspects up and running as macro stuff gets added, so the game would not necessarily have to be played as a "god game".

the third thing i would do is make it nonlinear. for instance, you could have a game where your species never leaves the "animal phase" as others evolve, you could have multiple sentient species on one planet, you could never leave the "cell phase" but still build a civilization (yay for civilized amoebas!) etc etc

theres a bunch of other stuff too (less direct control over creature evolution, creatures bodies would make more of a gameplay difference etc)

basically i would want to make it an actual life sim/sandbox (tho not necessarily realistic), rather than a few neat editors strung together by a boring minigame collection.

one of my game ideas ive had on the backburner forever is to make a semi-realistic bee colony simulator that would implement some of these concepts. ive also always wanted to make a game starring non-anthropomorphic, non-"cute" animals.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »

let's discuss this in an appropriate thread Who, Me?
I have actually study the question and laid out gameplay principle to make it work Wink

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »

I'd like to witness such a discussion actually, could you link me to the thread once it's made? Please Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic