Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:13:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWills and Wonders
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wills and Wonders  (Read 580 times)
adehm
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2015, 08:04:42 AM »

Fantasy and strategy gamers rejoice as Wills and Wonders brings you on an adventure through earth's mythology as you gain leaders, acquire powerful abilities, capture creatures, take territory, and battle the Gods in the epic Poetic Edda Ragnarök.

In Wills and Wonders you will enjoy quests and battles on unique maps.

Capture different mythological creatures while attempting quests.

While you gather new heroes and creatures your parties will grow in strength. Upgrade your heroes and creatures into new classes changing their appearance, statistics, and opening up new abilities for them to use.

Five nations battle for control.

Attacking or defending party of a territory can be made up of three groups, 21 units each.

A unit can not move through enemies, and is slowed by water as well as some terrain effects.

Please join us on Steam Greenlight April 2nd.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:37:34 AM by adehm » Logged

tjpalmer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:36:18 PM »

In 2-3 sentences, what makes this game unique? Not marketing speak, just clear explanation. Also, not in the variety of details, but in the big picture. Unless the details are the picture.

Maybe I just don't explore this genre well enough to know from the screenshots and few sentences. And maybe I'll learn something.

adehm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »

In 2-3 sentences, what makes this game unique? Not marketing speak, just clear explanation. Also, not in the variety of details, but in the big picture. Unless the details are the picture.

Maybe I just don't explore this genre well enough to know from the screenshots and few sentences. And maybe I'll learn something.

So sorry for the late response, I failed to follow this page and it got lost in my list and just re-discovered it. I hope this has not hurt your opinion and hope that you get my reply.

Many things make Wills and Wonders different form other games in the genre. You can play as many different heroes in a single play through as you form parties. Quests are either pick your own adventure stories or actual combat scenarios allowing you to capture creatures you find in that territory. Upgrade heroes and creatures into several different forms to suit your playing style. You are also able to attack other territories on large maps with 3 parties, a total of 21 units or 42 counting the other side; also different classes can summon units. Skills that effect the terrain, slow units with fog, put a barrier up to block units, add other skills to the barriers such as creating a gun turret.

UPDATES:

We have new animations for some ground attacks.

New animation for Trolls, Cyclopes, and Giants. Smash ability causing physical damage in two spaces in front of the caster.

New animation for the Quake ability. The Quake ability allows a character to leap into an empty space damaging and knocking back all characters within a distance of 2 spaces around the target location.

The dead are rising but you can capture them and make them serve you.

Then upgrade them. On the left is the Revenant and on the right is the new art for the Ghoul.

Started overhauling all the graphics this week decreasing file size by 800% and increasing graphic quality.

A look at the different forms of wolves under the moon in Wills and Wonders, now known as Dramatic Dog.

Allot of work has been done to increase the overall quality of Wills and Wonders. Graphic update, graphic rendering now using linear filter for resize, tutorial, increasing sound quality. Here is some screenshots showing off the crisper graphics.

The 5 Kingdoms battle over control of Midgard whilst the Dwarves construct great weapons for the Gods to wield in the final battle of the heavens. Which Kingdom will you lead?

The Minotaur. This raging beast has a slight advantage over melee units with a basic attack range of 2 spaces and the Charge ability propelling it forward, damaging and knocking back up to three units with a 25% chance to stun. The Minotaur also has the rage trait, increasing it's size and attack when damaged; an intimidating opponent.

Another map finished, the territory of Magyarok. This territory lays in the center of Midgard and holds much importance to the world.

The art for the Draugr is in and it is scary. The Draugr is one of the upgrades from the Revenant and gains quite a bit of perks. First off it gains another movement point. Secondly it has the Phantom trait letting it ignore terrain penalties and walk through enemies. Thirdly it gains the Fierce trait giving it a 25% chance to score a critical attack. It also has Rage increasing it's size and attack as it's health is reduced.

Been a productive week, after all the excitement of the contests. I'm glad to get back to adding new features to Wills and Wonders. Really starting to fill out the different classes. Added 6 new skills and a new mechanic for Auras and Channeling skills, which will add some new tactics.

In the process of adding the first God battle. Succeed in completing the quest Jester's Court to unlock Loki. The trickster tries to keep you in the dark during this multi stage battle. Between the darkness and stealth units you may find your fate.

adehm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:01:28 PM »

Working on overhauling the GUI to make is easier to use, less intrusive, and just make it more appealing.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic