Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:18:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPantless Hero
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pantless Hero  (Read 4390 times)
Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »

Hi everyone, I come to present to you our first project at Caldera Games, which is Pantless Hero in development since a year.

You can also find all the information below on our website : http://caldera-games.com/

(We are french so excuse me for my imperfect english)

The idea for the scenario was inspired by an anecdote from Naheulbeuk (french fictional audio adventure).

SYNOPSYS

Pantless Hero is a 2D platform game mixing elements of RPG and exploration/adventure. Explore and storm vast and complex galleries of cave, ruins of an old dwarf mine. Brave all the dangers that took place since then, in order to accomplish your noble quest, that is none less than retrieving your most precious possession (a sumptuous mithril pants) stolen by a vile Troll.

Your are the pantless hero and it's time to change that !

The main influence of Pantless Hero are the Dark Souls and Castlevania series, for the challenging fights, ingenious progression and platform mechanics. The ambiance of that kind of game fits perfectly.

INFORMATIONS
Supported languages: English, French
Release date: TBD
Developer: Caldera Games
Editor: Caldera Games
Genre: Platform / Adventure
Platform: PC, Mac, Linux
Mode: Solo
Programming language: java + opengl (lwjgl) and some xml

FEATURES
- A world to explore : The underworld of Pantless Hero is huge, illustrated by rich detailed pixel art. There is always a corner to visit, a hide to discover and mysteries to solve !

- Combat system : It is not enough to rush on your enemies swinging your axe in the air to be victorious. You will need to fight strategically most of the enemies by timing your offensive and defensive tactics according to your opponents' behaviors.

- Items to collect : Gathering items scattered everywhere in the game is essential, either to help you in your progression or make your life easier. A rune system, rewards from succeeding difficult events, allow you to improve a set of skills. Various mushrooms can be gathered and consumed to benefit of temporary buffs. And many more to discover.

- Random components : Many aspects of Pantless Hero change at each game, either like the visual aspect of the mushrooms or the position of some items and enemies, you should always keep an eye open! An supplementary challenge is offered in addition of classic dungeons with dungeons created randomly following predefined formats. Bigger rewards at the end!

SCREENSHOTS -> SEE MORE

WALLPAPERS

1920×1080 1600×900 1366×768 1280×720 | 1920×1080 1600×900 1366×768 1280×720

1920×1080 1600×900 1366×768 1280×720 | 1920×1080 1600×900 1366×768 1280×720

VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/user/calderagames

UI & Menus

MUSIC
PANTLESS HERO OST

This is the Pantless Hero OST playlist, all the new tracks will be uploaded there.

Yukishi
Role: Co-founder, Graphist, Game Designer, Web Designer.
Description: Passionate by pop culture like video games, as well cinephile and interested in art in general. I'm oriented in the creation domain as autodidact, as well as game development.

Vivien "Hanksha" Jovet
Role: Co-founder, Game & Web Programmer, Game Designer.
Description: I live in the Philippines where I finish a degree in Computer Science. Very curious, I believe in self-education, which lead me to game development where I express myself through various programming languages.

Rowan Sgarlata
Role: Composer, Sound Designer.
Description: Currently living in Melbourne, Australia, having a bachelor in digital and interactive media scoring. Inspiration mainly comes from Nobuo Uematsu who composed the Final Fantasy Series. Currently composing for video games, tv shows and films. My Soundcloud.

Nexus Borjal
Role: Animator.
Description: A gamer at heart. A Filipino multimedia artist who specializes in character design, pixel art and animation. A lot of great games inspired me to work in the video game community. My DeviantArt.

There is no public demo available for now, we are about to start a private alpha testing. We hope to be able to sell the game on Steam.

ANIMATED GIF
-Wandering through the caves-

-Well deserved rest at a bonfire-
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:40:29 AM by Hanksha » Logged

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »

Dev log on our combat system: http://caldera-games.com/dev-log/

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 01:46:05 AM »

This looks amazing you guys!!

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:34 AM »

this looks very cool  Grin

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 05:17:34 AM »

Thanks guys!

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »

We are testing some crystal cave environments:

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 03:38:16 PM »

Little screenshot of a part of the world I'm working on. You evolve vertically on scaffolding fighting various enemies (you can see a rat, a skeleton and a troll here).

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »

Looking awesome! I like his face haha, constant rage  Cheesy

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »

Hi, Yukishi tried to make a cover for the game, exploitable later in poster etc.

Original size, A4 in 300dpi.

Feel free to tell us what you think about it^^.

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »

Awesome art, I really love your higher res pixel art and the promotional materials!

The only thing is probably you might want to give your enemy more detail to make it consistent, for example, the troll looks a lot flatter compare to your player.

Other than that, wonderful job and keep up the great work man!

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

We are working on variations for the troll. You can see it on our twitter: https://twitter.com/Caldera_Games/status/607379772428017665

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 12:54:35 AM »

We have been working on the UI and menus recently, I made a short video to show it.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 03:19:20 AM »

Very slick looking interface. Nice fonts too!

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 02:57:49 AM »

Thanks JctWood!

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 02:05:27 AM »

Hi, I haven't post here in a while!
We've been pretty busy and I'm going through a lot of code refactoring, but the development is still going well!
There will be new animations and music theme to show soon.
Right now Yukishi is working on the forge for the hub of Pantless Hero, it will be the central place of the world where the player can travel far places (with a mine cart on rails).
What do you think of it?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:54:56 AM by Hanksha » Logged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 10:47:45 AM »

gorgeous!

i have a question. How did you come up with the idea of making a game with a pantless hero?
Marketing wise i don't see the point.
Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 07:39:11 PM »

Hi,

It's not at all a marketing move. It's part of the story. The hero (a dwarf) possessed beautiful mithril pants, one day he was taking a nap in the wild when a huge troll was passing by and saw something shinny. The troll grabbed the dwarf by the pant and removed it before to runaway happy of his find. The dwarf wake up, panicked, and run after the troll that enter a cave at the feet of the mountain.
And that where the game begins, the hero is pantless wandering in the caves and mines to find the damn troll and take back his pants.

The idea made us laugh so we kept it Smiley

JWK5
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 08:05:55 PM »

gorgeous!

i have a question. How did you come up with the idea of making a game with a pantless hero?
Marketing wise i don't see the point.
A fantasy action game about a dwarf with no pants will stand out a lot better than just another fantasy action game starring a dwarf. Absurdity tends to not blend in, which from a marketing standpoint is not a bad thing.

In any case, the game is pretty awesome looking. The character running around in boxer shorts reminds me of Ghost N' Ghouls, it's a nice comical touch. Keep up the good work!

CoffeeToast Right
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 10:24:14 AM »

Hi, Yukishi tried to make a cover for the game, exploitable later in poster etc.

Original size, A4 in 300dpi.

Feel free to tell us what you think about it^^.

This? This is amazing.  Toast Left

Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 07:42:54 AM »

We've got some new animations!

We improved the look of the flames for the bonfires and torches:

And a 2D animator recently joined the team and was able to improve and finish the hero's attacks animations:

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic