Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:25:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations2D Pixel Artist and Music Composer Looking for Programmers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Pixel Artist and Music Composer Looking for Programmers  (Read 2135 times)
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »

Hi, I'm a pixel artist and music composer, looking for a lead programmer to help jump start my project. It's a simple game, and I can create all the assets, including music, although I'm not good at animation, I can do it, just, I'm very slow at it. I don't have a portfolio, I can create some pixel graphics to show you what I can do, or what I imagine for this project, including some music i made. Here's basic details, let me know if your interested, thanks!

Earth Boy,
A 2D old school side scrolling shooter, with a twist. Play as, Earth Boy,
as he flies through the air on his flying machine, the Junk O' Matic 2000 (a flying car of sorts) collecting power ups, hearts and cash (represented by golden dollar signs). Spend cash in a virtual store, a menu on the cosmic map (a map of the milky way of a few of the planets not all), to upgrade his flying machine, attack speed, acceleration, range and shield. Gain Experience Points, that are used to upgrade your psychic abilities, which you can equip in a menu, once you unlock them at different experience levels. Blast your way through Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Venus, and Naptune, the Moon, and asteroid fields, as you reach your destination of Earth, as you fight Star Men, who have taken over your homeworld.

The story is about Earth Boy, who traveled across the universe, and while he was away on his adventure, mysterious Star Men have appeared on Earth, and have begun an all out assault on Earthlings. The game begins with Earth Boy on the outer edge of the Milky Way, and must select different Planets to travel to and fight Star Men and other strange aliens. Until he reaches his home planet, Earth.

Fast paced, non-stop action, with a RPG Twist.

Game Mechanics (basic)

Psychic Abilities,
Mind Blast
Flash Drive
Psi-Wave
Alpha Force
Meta-Magnet
Brain Shock

Support Abilites
Overdrive
Time Warp
Teleportation
Freeze Dimension

Upgrade Flying Machine, your flying machine comes in different Models, and you can purchase them in a used car dealer, each model comes with different attack speeds, acceleration, range, and shielding.

Types of Models
Junk O' Matic 2000
Omni-Zipper
Solar Jet
Proto Speeder
Total Eclipse MkII

Each destroyed enemey, gives the player XP points, represented as XP and keeps score, which accumlate to
unlock psychic abilities. The player can also collect powerups, in the form of space candy, which when
enough are collected, 3 space candies, allows Earth Boy to use a special Super Attack based on the equiped
ability.

Each level has a Sub-Boss, and a Major Boss.

The background is space, a psychedelic dimension, and what the surface of each planet would look like, repeated loop. So the background scrolls as the Player, moves around the 2D space parallel. Simple backgrounds.

Not your average shooter! I take art inspiration from the game Earthbound, and mixed it with cute em'ups (you know those cutesy shooters that most never got released in the States, only in Japan), with a nice sci fi feel.

If you like the idea of the game, I can create assets, pixels and music, and I'm very dedicated to work on this project on my free time. I hope you are too!
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »

Update* I have decided to create a proto type of the game on GM:S. This proto type will be for the iOS and Android. Basically get started making assets, and streamline the idea. I've removed the Menu's since, I'm not sure how to do that in GM. Without menu's for abilities, I've also removed XP tracking. But there is a score. Then theres the shop, which I think I can handle alone.

I'm still looking for help, whether your familiar with GM or coding, it be fun, and rewarding. My assets will give it value, pixels, and music. An audience will follow.

I keep everyone posted, on some visuals.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »

Earth Boy, Ver.Alpha. Let me know if you like it? That's the general concept I went with in art direction.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 03:03:58 PM »

Psychic abilities, nice glow effect too. Hope you like...
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 03:18:50 PM »

Enemies called Star Bytes. Hope you like...
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »

One of the backgrounds for hyper dimension. Hope you like!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:39:35 PM by UberGeek » Logged
Hydorah
Level 0

Improved Push Movement (Final?)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »

It's not for us to like or find impressive. It's up to you to live up to your own standards.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

Enemy explosions, or when they get shot and burst apart in all pixelated goodness.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »

Animation strip of Earth Boy.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 05:10:01 AM »

A video of my test run in Game Maker Studio. Watch it, it's pretty cool.

The test run, has implemented, XP system, Money system, Switchable Weapons, Enemy Collision, Swirling Enemies, Random Spawning, Health HUD, Two Weapons, it even has a menu but needs to be redone. I've also figured how to set up a shop for the flying machine, and touch screen movement on Android and iOS, but I can't test yet on iOS. The basic game is playable, I just have to create constructive levels. There's some slow down and optimization needed, but I'll save that before I release a demo.

I need to create powerups, space candy, and a boss, which is next, and should be easy since I got this far alone! Do you like what you see? Wanna help me?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:19:23 AM by UberGeek » Logged
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 03:48:50 PM »

Graphic of shop, where you upgrade your flying machine. Retro video gaming!

I've made major progress, and in my next post will post a revamped demo of the first half of level one. I've reimagined my game from my original idea, after fiddling and learning what I can do with Game Maker Studio, and I've never used it before, this is my first time, and I'm learning GML really quickly, its basic. But I'm no coder, and if you are at all technical I could use your help fine tune my game.

New Changes to Game Idea,
- Simplified logic, and made it more fun!
- Removed XP System, and implemented High Score Charting System
- Collect spinning earth globes, as powerups in three stages which changes the weapon you have
- Added Stage Timer
- Removed Space Candy and made it into Ice Cream from Space, yummy! And don't forget kids, it makes for super lasers. Why does eating Ice Cream make you shoot super lasers, because your Earth Boy and you can!
- Added hearts, and pizza, delicious!
- Implemented Shielding System, that regenerates based on the type of flying machine
- Added Super Lasers
- Animated some graphics, (takes far too long to do this for me, im so so slow but i got some!)
- Added Money System
- Implemented colorful HUD
- Implemented random spawning

Things to do next,
- Create graphic for first boss
- Implement boss logic and ai
- Refine and construct first level
- Create menu for shop
- Add more weapons

PS - I need assistance in creating graphic assets, if your interested in helping me let me know, thank you! Let's start a team!
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 03:56:15 AM »

http://foxinsoxx.deviantart.com/art/Isometric-building-pixel-art-Video-Game-Shop-486996759

why

(← new art twitter)
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 01:59:24 PM »

i wouldn't worry about that, i asked the artist.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 10:23:34 PM »

JUPITER Background

Mars Background

Moon Background

Sun Background

Pluto Background

Venus Background

Neptune Background

Some backgrounds I made myself, for each stage, and there's some other ones too.

Ps. Still need help coding, and a 2d pixel artist to help me create assets.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »

This is a alpha demo video, of all the stages, mechanics, shielding system, money system, point system, count timer, Health HUD, Powerup HUD, and all the weapons that will be in the game, a total of 4.

So far, the objective of the game is to dodge cubes, behind you and in front of you. Each cube, has different items it drops, and some cubes can't be destroyed. In a later revamp I will make it so that one of the four weapons, is the only weapon that can destroy a certain color of cube, adding a puzzle element to the game, smart gaming!

Collect Ice Cream, to powerup your natural weapon in 3 stages, with a Mega Laser at stage 3.

Collect Cash and Diamonds to purchase Flying Machines.

Collect Hearts and Pizza to restore your health.

Watch the video, its super cool!

Things to do next,
- Build level design
- Create more enemies
- Create enemies that shoot bullets
- Create bosses

I'm at the stage, where everything has been implemented except for shop and the above, the meat and potatoes of the game. This is where I need your help! I am most especially in need of assitance with 2d pixel art, if your an artist, and a coder who has experience with Game Maker. If you like what you see in the video, its a good indie game, email me at [email protected]

Thank you.
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »

That's a rough draft of the Star Men in the game, it needs to be polished, some more, but for now it's good enough.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:11 AM »

go make a devlog. your topic upping is really disorienting
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic