Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:29:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMetal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain  (Read 28942 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »

yes its definitely the most mechanics centric game in the main series.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »

not sure if that's a good thing, though. it lacks (except in a few spots, like the man of fire midboss fight) the same thoughtfulness of area design that permeated mgs2 and 3 in favor of the open world structure.

tbh a combination of the open world mgs5 with the "push the battle lines" system from mgs4 would be really interesting and cool??? and make sense within the context of DD as a merc company? one can dream
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: November 05, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »

not sure if that's a good thing, though. it lacks (except in a few spots, like the man of fire midboss fight) the same thoughtfulness of area design that permeated mgs2 and 3 in favor of the open world structure.

I disagree with this.  I mean, the area between bases is pretty much nothing, but the actual bases have some really interesting designs in terms of open and confined space, verticality and geometry.  I think the main difference is the philosophy towards enemies.  MGS 2 and 3, like most stealth games, has enemy behaviors that are very carefully considered puzzle challenges that take into account a single entry point and a single exit point.  Since MGSV levels are more open, you don't have that, but I actually think that is a strength rather than a weakness, or, at least, it's why I enjoyed the game so much.  It's much less a game about solving the puzzle of how to get by patrol patterns, and more of a game of making general plans and reacting to changing conditions.  It's messier, which means I actually made use of more of the mechanics of the game, since clean stealth games tend to encourage you to ignore most of the mechanics in favor of pure navigation.  As I said before, I think the main thing missing was larger areas.

That being said, I would love to be able to play on Big Shell with the MGSV mechanics.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 05, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »

I disagree with this.  I mean, the area between bases is pretty much nothing, but the actual bases have some really interesting designs in terms of open and confined space, verticality and geometry.

you start to notice this especially once you try the hard mode missions
Oroboros
Level 0

Senpai

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 16, 2015, 05:28:57 AM »

I disagree with this.  I mean, the area between bases is pretty much nothing, but the actual bases have some really interesting designs in terms of open and confined space, verticality and geometry.

you start to notice this especially once you try the hard mode missions

And after noticing this, you memorize all the small details once you're doing FOB missions with S+ guards, 8 drones flying around and 4 platforms to traverse in 20 minutes. Dear lord. A lot of the layout didn't make sense in the single player, but it definitely did once I started messing with the online component.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 23, 2015, 06:28:13 PM »

Damn it D-Dogmeat, why won't you sit in the jeep with me. Useless dog, don't make me run you over.

You know, I've got sixty three hours clocked onto this game and I'm only at Mission 20. They should probably give me beached whale as a codename on account of how slow I am going. I need to have this beat before Christmas because this is getting ridiculous.

So back into it I go. Missions 18 and 19 were a breeze, I thought that first one was going to be a son of a bitch after I met the soldiers I was supposed to kill but I blew up that nasty ol' choppa and strapped C4 to arse of that nasty ol' tank and then sniped all of those dum soldiers and it was a walk over. I even got S rank and I was taking my time. Because Phantom Pain is for casuals.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 23, 2015, 06:34:37 PM »

if it's any consolation, i took like 3 months to finish it as well. and i haven't even gone back and unlocked ACTUAL REAL TRUE FINAL ENDING which apparently is a thing that exists.

(btw im not talking about the one where you find out the truth about venom snake and big boss)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:56:09 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 23, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »

I wonder if it involves pachinko.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2015, 08:22:30 PM »

Is Language a Virus? Starring Punished "Venom" Snake | Idea Channel | PBS Digital Studios

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 09, 2015, 09:48:44 PM »

Is Language a Virus?
Snow Crash Of the Patriots.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 31, 2016, 05:54:39 PM »

new video

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 31, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »

dunno how to feel about faux stealth segments but the fighting part looks really cool
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic