Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:07:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327436 times)
SimplyRivet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18820 on: September 13, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »

Ok one thing I absolutly want to say : In one week, I'll quit my dev work and get a new game dev job ! Smiley

That's quite an accomplishment for me Smiley
I started to learn how to code by coding games less than 4 years ago and there is very little opportunities to work as a game dev in Belgium Smiley

Ah congratulations! Hope that your new job treats you well.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #18821 on: September 13, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »

Eating a burger without ketchup is the solution of course

Eating a burger with ketchup will solve your problems.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18822 on: September 14, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »

ya burgers without are so healthy yanno? lo in fat and carb an shit

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #18823 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/r0-ebola/
Now tis is real

Blambo
« Reply #18824 on: September 14, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »

the comments on that fucking article
pottering
« Reply #18825 on: September 14, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »

I was already worried when I saw a map of the places where it occurred some time ago, it was 3 or 4 different countries, people just don't get how fucking gigantic Africa is, and basically if there were cases from Nigeria to Liberia (back then, now it spread much further) that was a huge HUGE HUUUUUGEEEEE area that was under danger.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18826 on: September 14, 2014, 01:22:53 PM »

I was already worried when I saw a map of the places where it occurred some time ago, it was 3 or 4 different countries, people just don't get how fucking gigantic Africa is, and basically if there were cases from Nigeria to Liberia (back then, now it spread much further) that was a huge HUGE HUUUUUGEEEEE area that was under danger.

Bigger than developed country together with spare places

pottering
« Reply #18827 on: September 14, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »

But then, on the other hand, putting a red "danger danger" overlay over an gigantic area that may have had hundreds of cases (small number compared to an area bigger than Europe) in isolated places may be a bit of fear-mongering. Well, at least let's hope so.

edit: to be honest I commented without fully reading the Wired article, it mentions 4200 cases already, well just like Global Warning, gotta hope scientists are getting it wrong... (depressive)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:37:13 PM by pottering » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18828 on: September 14, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »

The things with epidemics is exponential growth within scale free networks like human societies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale-free_network

Basically don't thrust low number, they are "big" in potential, especially with an illness with stealthy incubation length as long as 21 days. And that's disregarding potential bio terrorism.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18829 on: September 14, 2014, 02:20:14 PM »

say that to ah1n1

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18830 on: September 14, 2014, 02:23:56 PM »

Say that to the death plage and the spanish flu, that a potential didn't realize didn't mean the threat was not real. Although there is suspicion about things like the regularity of reoccurring threat alert like H1N1. But we all know the story of the boy who cried "wolf!", the day the wolf come you are in for a very bad surprise.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18831 on: September 14, 2014, 02:26:18 PM »

im not saying we dont put anti wolf measures, just meet everytime people crying wolf with a sane degree of criticism. make sure to have a blade handy just in case, and probably just lock your door. i mean, you could get eaten by a wolf even if none warned about it.

that is not to say i am not concerned about the tragedy happening over african countries. the support given by international organizations is welcomed and i dont feel bad about my tax money heading over there (i havent donated yet due to some unstable economical issues, but as soon as i dont i wont hesitate to).

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18832 on: September 14, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »

okay now i'm out

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #18833 on: September 15, 2014, 01:38:33 AM »

The political situation in Sweden is worrying, to say the least. The right-wing alliance have lost power but the left wing does not have a majority, and the parties on the left were never really interested in cooperating in the first place. I think they will be forced to do so and they may have to get the support from one of the right parties in order to prevent the nationalist party from controlling the balance of power. But at this point it feels like anything could happen.

I think the main reason the nationalist party is so successful is because the media has a hate boner for them and keeps digging up pointless stuff like the party leader's bank account history in an attempt to demonize them. The only thing that happens when they do that is make the SD voters feel oppressed and further cements their ill-conceived beliefs. We need to attack their message, not the voters and politicians themselves.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18834 on: September 15, 2014, 02:32:55 AM »

Their message is literally "oh no muslims!!" and "stopping immigration will result in an isolated national economic boom because of fucking MAGIC !!" (this is the opposite of what would happen)

Fuck that shit, I'm not wrestling pigs.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18835 on: September 15, 2014, 02:54:18 AM »

so basically sweden is turning into my country (austria).
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18836 on: September 15, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29195683
Probably gonna be fine with some cross-bloc compromises. Nobody's gonna reach out to the racists and they're basically united against them on the areas where they want influence anyway.
Embarrassing as heck though.

One more percentage point (4% is needed) and the feminist party would have had seats but oh well

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18837 on: September 15, 2014, 03:42:45 AM »

Their message is literally "oh no muslims!!" and "stopping immigration will result in an isolated national economic boom because of fucking MAGIC !!" (this is the opposite of what would happen)

Fuck that shit, I'm not wrestling pigs.

Muslim in france are suffering that too
Africans too
They are responsible of the bad economic situation

Oh well...
LMAO

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18838 on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:01 AM »

islamophobia is big everywhere in central europe at the moment unfortunately
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #18839 on: September 15, 2014, 04:24:12 AM »

One more percentage point (4% is needed) and the feminist party would have had seats but oh well
I like the idea of a feminist party, but I don't know if I would support FI in their current state. They have a lot of strange, heavy-handed suggestions and seem to have no clue about how much money it would cost to implement them.

Some of their views even seem inconsistent with each other. For example they want women to have full rights over their own bodies, but they oppose surrogate motherhood because they think it is oppressive to allow women to do such things.

Given time, I think there's an opportunity for them to grow and mature into a more reasonable alternative. I'll be keeping an eye out and watching how they develop over the next four years.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic