Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:44:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327307 times)
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20160 on: March 13, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »

A Bioshock with no combat would be pretty fun.

If only some bioshock level designers had left to found their own studio developing non combat first person exploration games.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20161 on: March 13, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »

Obviously that's a description of Gone Home, but I was thinking a sequel with a sci-fi setting like the previous titles.

Why are you so keen on responding to people with sarcasm? You could have just said "You should play Gone Home.".
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20162 on: March 13, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »

So you're thinking of Tacoma, you're in luck.

"It's a good game if you ignore the part where you kill people" is a weird response to Bioshock Infinite. But to not be snarky I'm very glad it's becoming a growing trend, especially after Battlefield Hardline that if you can't do characters right, it may be better not to do them at all, or at least stick to cartoons. The gap between shooting demons and shooting humans that happened after Doom is still affecting us, at least the new Wolfenstein made an attempt to address that fact.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20163 on: March 13, 2015, 05:50:39 PM »

the art direction in tacoma really does look very bioshocky haha

i think it's actually kinda disappointing that theyre reverting back to a sci-fi setting after gone home, but maybe they can do something interesting with it, who knows.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20164 on: March 13, 2015, 06:07:05 PM »

Obviously that's a description of Gone Home, but I was thinking a sequel with a sci-fi setting like the previous titles.

Why are you so keen on responding to people with sarcasm? You could have just said "You should play Gone Home.".
Minerva den? (haven't try)

edit: i'm wrong

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20165 on: March 13, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »

https://blog.adafruit.com/2015/03/02/scientists-test-mind-controlled-drones-drone-droneday/
HERE WE GO

JWK5
« Reply #20166 on: March 13, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »

I live in Tacoma, WA. If it was some steampunk recreation of Tacoma that'd be awesome, but I highly doubt it. It does remind me of the architecture of Tacoma's Union Station, though:

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20167 on: March 13, 2015, 09:34:46 PM »

the art direction in tacoma really does look very bioshocky haha

i think it's actually kinda disappointing that theyre reverting back to a sci-fi setting after gone home, but maybe they can do something interesting with it, who knows.
I think mundane setting is really hard, with fantastic, fantasy and scify you can invent shit to solve your gameplay problem, deus ex machina style, so you can design around instead of with the settings. Also it avoid doing introspective stuff that are hard to render with gameplay, I mean I would you do it?

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20168 on: March 14, 2015, 05:31:58 AM »

I've played Minerva's Den. It's great, but the "Gone Home" part is only at the very end, in a non-combat sequence after the final boss where you poke around the protagonist's (spacious) office and get closure on a couple of plot elements that exist only in the audio diaries you've found along the way. The rest of the DLC is two maps that have just as much combat as the main game.

It's great and feels new (rather than just a rehash of content from the main game), but it's not "Bioshock with no combat" or even less combat.

Tacoma does look great, thanks unsilentwill!
JWK5
« Reply #20169 on: March 14, 2015, 04:16:08 PM »

So I got this cold remedy recipe online that goes as follows:

Quote from: Recipe of Death
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 wedge lemon

*Bring water to a boil.
*Combine hot water and apple cider vinegar in a small glass or mug.
*Add honey and cayenne pepper. Stir well. Top off with a squeeze of lemon.
*Take a deep breath of the mixture, and start drinking.

I am always skeptical of trying remedies online but end up saying fuck it and giving it a go anyways, generally with mixed results. In this particular case I noticed in the comments section people saying the cayenne amount was way too much and opted for less, that it needed more water, etc. but being that I'm fairly hardcore belligerent I did it exactly as the recipe stated.

Basically it was like drinking magma fetched from the bowels of hell-- with a spritz of lemon. After the initial 5 minutes of agony subsided I felt my sinuses draining and congestion breaking up in my throat, 10 minutes later most of my cold symptoms seemed to have subsided and I feel almost high. My stomach, however, is still coming to grips with the horror I've unleashed upon it (cayenne and apple cider vinegar burps are vile to say the least).

I'll give it another 30-60 minutes before I formulate a solid opinion on it, especially whether the pros are worth the cons, but so far it seems to be working surprisingly well. I'm kind of impressed.

UPDATE Well, my stomach settled and I feel pretty good actually. I went from being in a cold-induced mental fog unable to think straight to back to work on my project relatively clear-headed and able to breath out my nose just fine. This is probably the fastest I've had anything work in terms of staving off a cold, I am going to have to keep this recipe on hand for future use. If you can stomach its initial 15 or so minutes of torture, I highly recommend it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:15:11 PM by JWK5 » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20170 on: March 14, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »

That's why it's not sold in shop, bad user experience people are so casual

ON GAME: we can safely say that the cinematic walking genre is not a fluck as the order 1888 tells us when it doesn't work ... when you have absolutely nothing to show or tell

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20171 on: March 15, 2015, 04:13:22 AM »

What's a fluck? Even urban dictionary fails to help me find a definition that suits your usage.
JWK5
« Reply #20172 on: March 15, 2015, 04:23:42 AM »

"Fluke", maybe?

However, I initially read "what's a fluck?" as "what the fluck?" which thanks to you will now be a permanent fixture in my use of language while intoxicated and or in an obnoxious mood.

Also, it is 5:24am on a weekend and I am suddenly awake... I have mixed feelings about this. Pro: Nice quiet house for working on projects. Con: I could have more sleep. A cup of coffee and a breakfast muffin shall be the coin toss.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20173 on: March 15, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »

english ... YOU FAILED ME AGAIN !!!  Hand Shake Left Apoplectic

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20174 on: March 16, 2015, 03:18:45 AM »

Fluke doesn't make sense in context, since Order 1888 trying and failing would be evidence that walking simulators were a fluke.

What you mean, Gimmy, is that walking simulator isn't guaranteed to get good scores because Order 1888 meets the criteria for the genre, but failed? Maybe replace 'fluke' with 'guaranteed success'. I haven't played Order 1888 so I'm just guessing based on the context of your sentence.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:24:14 AM by SirNiko » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20175 on: March 16, 2015, 07:58:18 AM »

I think hes saying walking simulators are NOT a fluke because we can differentiate between "good" and "bad" walking sims now, proving that theres substance behind the genre (or something Tongue)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:20:24 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20176 on: March 16, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »

The order more like the ODOR
JWK5
« Reply #20177 on: March 16, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/walking-simulator/

I didn't even know what the hell a "walking simulator" was, but having found out I am highly reminded of Shadowgate 64.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #20178 on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:53 AM »

Swedish guy signs an entire pop song

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20179 on: March 16, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

Many years ago I had seen Stretch Panic in the used game store several times and almost got it because it was a Treasure game, but didn't. Then today, on a whim, I looked for a youtube video of it.

Now I'm pretty sure if I'd bought it back then playing it at home would be super awkward. Dodged a bullet there.
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic