Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:30:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsText the HallsCindy Lou Who: Caroller in the Year Five Thousand
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cindy Lou Who: Caroller in the Year Five Thousand  (Read 17046 times)
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »

Aeons ago, the Earth was plunged into a violent cataclysm. The very fabric of space and time was torn asunder as a malevolent intelligence known as Santor burrowed his way through interdimensional space from his seat at the center of the universe, striking the arctic ice of Earth's north pole with devastating force.

For millennia he has lain in darkness and silence at the center of the earth, drawing power from the planet's magnetic poles -- not dead, but merely sleeping -- until now...

Miles above the resting place of this sleeping god, the earth is a frozen tomb. Shattered by a new ice age, the remnants of civilization eke out their desperate existence at the mercy of the elements. It is on these bleak, featureless wastes that the People of the Who, all who remain of their once proud society, dutifully chop and gather wood to build their eldritch temples. All year round they toil in preparation for the longest night of the year...

The night when the power of Santor is at its peak.

For centuries now, the high priests of the Who have made the observances. They have drawn the flyers of seasonal savings in the traditional cranberry ink, adorned the tallest pines of the forest with the intestines of the sow, and artfully arranged the chalice of warm blood (flavoured with nutmeg, to taste) with the traditional shortened breads, all for the appeasement of Santor, that he continues his slumber in peace.

All until, without warning, that fragile peace is placed in jeopardy: the high priest of the Who has been afflicted with a death curse by a mysterious sorcerer from the east. A man with green eyes. Now the rituals lie incomplete. The people of the Earth have been seized by the blood fever of Santor, who even now stirs in his icy prison. The frozen plains flow crimson with the blood of the slaughtered, and only the daughter of the high priest, Cindy Lou, an acolyte, a caroller, taking up her father's ceremonial robes and sacrificial dagger, can restore peace to the planet. On her journey she must brave the harsh climate, barter with the strange alien race of nutmeg traders (mutants who use the nutmeg to fold space and travel great distances without moving), discover the mystery of the malevolent wizard and imprison Santor forever beneath the Earth.

From the master of making things needlessly dark, comes an unrivaled Interactive Fiction experience:

American McGee Presents American McGee's Cindy Lou Who: Caroller in the Year Five Thousand.

Features:

• Atrocious storyline!
  • Really, really dark for basically no reason!
  • Ripped off of pretty much everything!
  • May never be finished!
  • Not actually affiliated with American McGee in any way!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:58:16 PM by I Like Cake » Logged

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:11 PM »

Note that I could also have entitled this "Yes Virginia, There Is An Ancient God Gnawing Like A Cancer At The Fiery Heart Of Our Planet."

Formerly "I Like Cake."
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:59:04 PM »

I love the first title. The second isn't bad too. Either way I can't wait to play this.
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 03:35:38 PM »

Second title for the win.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:02:19 PM »

Hahaha  :D

Please, PLEASE actually finish.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 02:05:03 AM »

I just finished exams yesterday, and so far the only things I've managed to code up in Inform are rules for freezing to death and for several types of insulating clothing which buy you more time using a pretty cool hidden numerical system (sort of a puzzle for part of the game) and rules for item temperature which result in items slowly changing temperature to match their surroundings (used in a puzzle with freezing objects, as well as for some more general things).

Unfortunately, I haven't written half of the general story arc yet and I've got Christmas shopping and birthday stuff (SO OLD!) and... other aspects of my social agenda to attend to, so I might either have to make this very short or do something slightly less entertaining or totally fail to finish.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:16:20 AM »

birthday stuff (SO OLD!)

Extremely old... a birthday at Christmas... mysterious powers...

Now it all makes sense.  Born in Bethlehem by any chance?

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »

Sorry, guys. I had exams and then met this sort-of-indie-rocker girl last week and since then my life has been sexy madness, so not only did I not finish this, I barely even started it.

Maybe third contest is a charm?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 02:19:16 PM »

Sorry, guys. I had exams and then met this sort-of-indie-rocker girl last week and since then my life has been sexy madness, so not only did I not finish this, I barely even started it.

Maybe third contest is a charm?

Sex is always more important.

ALWAYS.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic