Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:13:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesTeam Up for the Bootleg Demake Compo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Team Up for the Bootleg Demake Compo  (Read 31118 times)
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2008, 05:35:13 AM »

I wasn't originally considering on entering the Demake contest, but when I woke up, I had an interesting idea: Oblivion does in the style of Bard's Tale. I think at least part of the plot is doable in a few weeks, but I'd obviously need a bit of help. In specific, artwork and music/sfx.

No idea on the graphic style. Part of me says to use 3D models (which is I can create poorly, but it simplifies coding) or pixel artwork (which I can't do, but I have most of the libraries to do it). I was still going to use OpenGL for the actually rendering, which means .NET 2.0 (but not XNA).

As for music/sfx, I was thinking chiptune-style versions of the Oblivion packins.

And maybe need some mod/script writers later, since I'm going to make it modable (to make it easier to write the plots, etc).

Opinions?
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »

Oh man, this sounds like a ton of fun, and I think that I can scrape together the time to pull something together, and I'm super motivated because I have an AWESOME idea! It might be too ambitious and never get done though... a lot of my games end up that way, so I'll probably need some help.

Ok so here's my idea, and all y'all better not steal it! Or there shall be devastating consequences!

Team Fortress 2 Demake!

I've got it all figured out already! Fast paced sidescroller with a huge level and really small sprites. I can totally do all the art, thats my specialty, but I'm not sure I'm up to the programming side of it. If left to my own devices it will probably turn out to be 2 or 4 people on the same keyboard.

But if someone could help me get some internet functionality the possibilities are endless!

Consider the call for collaborators and programmers put out! I could use some help!

And I'll probably set up a thread and churning out some art next week.

Oh and I need a goofy satirical name, I haven't come up with one yet, so I'm open to ideas if anyone has any.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2008, 09:30:46 AM »

Oh and I need a goofy satirical name, I haven't come up with one yet, so I'm open to ideas if anyone has any.

Gang Castle.

EDIT: No wait, even better: Mob Castle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:46:01 AM by muku » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »

Oh man, this sounds like a ton of fun, and I think that I can scrape together the time to pull something together, and I'm super motivated because I have an AWESOME idea! It might be too ambitious and never get done though... a lot of my games end up that way, so I'll probably need some help.

Ok so here's my idea, and all y'all better not steal it! Or there shall be devastating consequences!

Team Fortress 2 Demake!

I've got it all figured out already! Fast paced sidescroller with a huge level and really small sprites. I can totally do all the art, thats my specialty, but I'm not sure I'm up to the programming side of it. If left to my own devices it will probably turn out to be 2 or 4 people on the same keyboard.

But if someone could help me get some internet functionality the possibilities are endless!

Consider the call for collaborators and programmers put out! I could use some help!

And I'll probably set up a thread and churning out some art next week.

I once considererd doing TF2 for Game and watch  Tongue But I'm probably not going to do it. Gentleman

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

I would like som art and design help for "Morning of Failed Deplomacy" I have started a thread here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2393.0

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
BeamSplashX
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »

I can design and write like a badass from space. I also write a lot of music but it's somewhat dubious as to whether it's gamey enough or not. Check the website on my profile if you need judgment on my tunes, otherwise leave the typing to me.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2008, 01:37:43 PM »

I have decided that I'm going to work with the Gameboy B&W. The game itself will be made in Game Maker (which is what I'm most confortable with at this moment). I have someone who said he was interested in doing music, but I can also use someone interested in doing pixel art and animation. I'm gonna try to work within the GB limitations as much as possible, so that will probably limit the artist's capacities a good bit for stuff like animation and tileset size, so I'd like someone who doesn't mind working within tight restrictions.

I'm also accepting suggestions for which game to demake. I have some big picks I'm deciding, but I'm still open for ideas. Thanks.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
PowRTocH
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

It's a little late, but if anyone wants to make a short Killer7 demake with me, that would be great. I'm thinking of using (very) loose Atari 5200 specs. Here's some idea junk:

I'm looking for a programmer, maybe a moosic man who can do some minimalistic chips, and that's about all I think. Other art of mine if you want to gauge my competence:

http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/hugh15.gif
http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/alex7.png
http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/mockup10.gif

Yeah my other projects seem to kind of be in limbo right now, so doing something for this could be fun. Beer!
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »

If anyone wants to do some SH2 sprites / animations / background tiles (8x8, NES palette - see my thread), that would be great - PM me!

Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2008, 12:29:53 PM »

It's a little late, but if anyone wants to make a short Killer7 demake with me, that would be great. I'm thinking of using (very) loose Atari 5200 specs. Here's some idea junk:

I'm looking for a programmer, maybe a moosic man who can do some minimalistic chips, and that's about all I think. Other art of mine if you want to gauge my competence:

http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/hugh15.gif
http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/alex7.png
http://cow.lastchancemedia.com/mockup10.gif

Yeah my other projects seem to kind of be in limbo right now, so doing something for this could be fun. Beer!

Hey Cow, if you still don't have anyone to programz, let me know. I was the guy working on Ultraviolent Moon Patrol (still need to finish it -__-)

I'll send you a PM as well, I like the old school style.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

If anyone needs anyone to work with, I'd love to do anything. I'm pretty much doing nohing.

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »

Hey guys!
Ive been away for quite a while, but im really psyched out about the Demake compo!
Im looking for a coder willing to team up with moi, and make a demake Nes style!

Something i would love to make tho is;

A Rez demake ; A simple enough shoot em up, focused on music! someone capable of recreating the kickass soundtrack in chiptunes makes me wet. I think this is pretty darn do-able. Oh this game rawks baby!

Im really open to ideas tho! but it has to be a deserving game

Cheers!
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:16 AM »

Folks,

I'm looking for some music for S.T.A.C.K.E.R. Can anyone help me out? The game is meant to be a version of Tetris with some of the atmosphere and story of Stalker. There's a demo in that thread which gives a pretty good idea of where I'm going.

I'm confident I'll finish the first level in time for the competition. The music I imagine for it is something that's a bit Slavic, folky and melancholic, with the feeling of a Stalker strumming his guitar by the campfire. But it should have enough of a pulse to go with a Tetris game. I'm thinking of a MIDI loop of one or two minutes, that I can speed up as the level goes on, and which sounds like it could come from an 8-bit system.

If I get the time, later levels planned are: Laboratories (creepy, unsettling music, to go with poltergeists in abandoned scientific bases); Dead Forest (rocking music, for mercenaries with rocket launchers); and maybe Power Station (something dramatic and a touch religious).

PM me if you're interested, cheers.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »

Hideous, Oracle... anyone who can make nice NES pixels in fact - I'm still looking for people on my Silent Hill 2 demake...  Would move a whole lot faster with someone else onboard.  Grin

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »

Haven't played Silent Hill II, or any SH game for that matter, so I don't hink I can help you Tongue

In other words, I can't believe noone has made "Cogs of Conflict" yet. I wanna do it. Anyone who can do NES-style sprites should tell me now! PM me for details.

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »

Check your PMs Hideous.
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »

lets demake halo 3 into marathon.
Halo 3 was a Marathon de-make!!

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2008, 04:36:39 AM »

WARNING: LEECHES

Right, Sorry to Leech, but I'd really like some help with the RGS - I'm barely competent. Not that I'm asking for someone to do the game for me. That'd be rude.

I mean, you could do the code, but considering my general skills with art and design, that would be the equivalent of me transferring the project to you. So, advice would be nice.

But, if someone could waste some of their time on helping me nut out the RGS (such as how to make things shoot, and why the editor crashes after certain commands), it would be... greatly appreciated. Though all I can offer is credit in the game. And, as mentioned in my thread, the adoration of a complete newbie.

Also, Hideous, as a matter of fact, I'm doing Cogs of Conflict. Though I'm not calling it that. Figured it was taken. And it's Gameboy. And I can't really sprite, either. Nothing that you couldn't do, I'm sure.
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

Still looking for a partner, Hideous and i cant seem to communicate in MSN.  Gentleman
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »

Hey Oracle, are you looking into making a game of your own or can you work on some pixeling for another project?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic