Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411648 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 09:45:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignGame designing in your dreams
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Game designing in your dreams  (Read 6724 times)
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »

I think I distantly remember dreaming about playing a video game one night. Upon later examination in the light of dawn, I decided it was actually hideously broken and would never be playable.

Wish I could remember what it was now...
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:32 AM »

Heinz, does this ring a bell?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Manuel, what about BIT TRIP tripped you out?

destiny is truth pre-op
Supermini_man
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 08:43:24 AM »

BIT. TRIP BEAT, although I have seen recently the trailer of BIT. TRIP FLUX (which from the trailer had the same game play as BEAT), so it was either of them.
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »

I hear there's a correlation between smoking pot before bed and not remembering your dreams the next morning. I for one, barely ever remember my dreams. Read into that as you will.

Trent
Level 0

Someday I'll make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

I have a recurring dream where I can jump extremely high, like a super-power or low gravity. Each time, I start out slowly, and generally have a great time with it. That is, until I start to jump above telephone poles, and my fear of heights sharply changes the mood. I end up losing control, and often times the fall will wake me when I hit the ground.

Talk about a scary way to wake up!  Crazy

Theophilus
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »

I hear there's a correlation between smoking pot before bed and not remembering your dreams the next morning.

I also hear there is a correlation between smoking pot and short term memory loss.

Seriously, just re-read that.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »

BIT. TRIP BEAT, although I have seen recently the trailer of BIT. TRIP FLUX (which from the trailer had the same game play as BEAT), so it was either of them.

So.. what tripped you out? What unnerved you in your dream?

destiny is truth pre-op
Supermini_man
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »

Oh, that. I felt my body being transportated and I heard the sound from the end of the intro of the first BIT. TRIP (

sound at 1:45) and seeing some game footage at the same time. I wanted to wake because I was too scared about it, since I really felt like I was moving.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »

I was thinking about sinewaves and somehow they ended up in my dream. I saw a snake... Then I was playing Snake. Snake moving in a sine-wave fashion. Would be pretty cool. Probably has been done before.

How about uploading a song and the snake's shape vary to the sound waves?
Or maybe vice-versa, so the snake's wave formation changes the way the wave sounds, and the formation changes depending on how you move.

Oh, that. I felt my body being transportated and I heard the sound from the end of the intro of the first BIT. TRIP (

sound at 1:45) and seeing some game footage at the same time. I wanted to wake because I was too scared about it, since I really felt like I was moving.
Could be an out of body experience/sleep paralysis. I get it a lot too, it's pretty interesting and not too scary once you learn about it.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 08:05:07 AM »

I got shot in my dream this week, the night before working on an assassin game.

destiny is truth pre-op
Theophilus
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 09:47:25 PM »

I recently had a nightmare. I must say it was tense and exhilarating.. almost fun.

I think this shows how much fun a game can be when you really get into it.

Hand Money Left Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »

I recently had a nightmare. I must say it was tense and exhilarating.. almost fun.

I think this shows how much fun a game can be when you really get into it.

Hand Money Left Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Remember that Flow is achieved at the peak of Mastery and Challenge. Ridiculous Challenge with little to master is stupid hard. Ridiculously detailed stuff to master with no challenge is stupid easy.

Hit that sweet spot though...

destiny is truth pre-op
Trent
Level 0

Someday I'll make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »

Fell asleep in front of the fireplace, but before falling asleep, I noticed that I could see the orange flicker with my eyes closed. I ended up having a dream where I kept putting out a fire, and it would show up somewhere else in the house. Once things got out of hand I woke up.  Who, Me?

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 06:36:41 AM »

Fell asleep in front of the fireplace, but before falling asleep, I noticed that I could see the orange flicker with my eyes closed. I ended up having a dream where I kept putting out a fire, and it would show up somewhere else in the house. Once things got out of hand I woke up.  Who, Me?

And was your house on fire?

destiny is truth pre-op
Trent
Level 0

Someday I'll make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »

Luckily not. That would have been a really shitty way to wake up.  Concerned

darklight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »

Just over a week ago I was off work ill, and had a fever.  I kept dreaming about my game I'm developing - a real short dream where the player (an airplane) would point straight up, and stall, and they I'd wake up.  Over & over & over all through the night Sad

Maybe its a sign that I'd been working on my game too hard?

Another feverish dream I was having was recursively traversing a binary tree, trying to keep the balance between hot & cold branches.  It was some sort of fir tree.  Just plain weird, and repetitive too.

Storm Clouds over the Western Front - forum & dev blog | Twitter: @DarklightXNA | YouTube: 2D Flight Sim
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic