Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 02:17:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 535694 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3580 on: April 16, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »

this game is just hurling invasions at me at the worst possible times. i've been invaded something like ten times over the past two days, and every single time has been while hollow and looking for a valuable bloodstain.

also i'm getting better at trying to kill the smelter demon. also also the entire area leading up to him now has no enemies bc i've died there so many times.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3581 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:30 PM »

jesus christ fuck the belfry gargoyles

edit: nevermind i used flame swathe and wrekt them lmao
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:59:33 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:11 AM »

the gargoyles in this game are the easiest gargoyles in any souls game imo. their flame attacks are rare and have no range and if you get them to block each other you're never fighting more than 1 or 2 at a time.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 18, 2014, 05:12:32 AM »

god the flexile sentry on ng+  ajsjsbshajkssksjsbsjs

i like how big the difficulty gap between ng and ng+ is tho. in dks1 i was always just waltzing through everything up until anor londo.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3584 on: April 18, 2014, 06:55:38 AM »

They really made NG+ feel like NG+ this time around. Especially with the new enemies and items.

My favorite NG+ is in Ninja Gaiden Black for these exact reasons.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: April 18, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »

the gargoyles in this game are the easiest gargoyles in any souls game imo. their flame attacks are rare and have no range and if you get them to block each other you're never fighting more than 1 or 2 at a time.

Eh I ended up fighting like 4 at a time and summoned a buddy. The incessant gray spirit invasions at the time didn't help at that. But I did notice the gargoyles were a bit dulled in difficulty.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3586 on: April 18, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »

You know you've played too much Dark Souls when...

...you go to a party with a bonfire and think to yourself, "Cool. I need more Estus."

...your favorite sexual position and strategic position are both called 'Plunging Attack.'

...it's your chick's birthday, and your gift ideas revolve around what's warm and/or shiny.

...the end of your work day concludes with the message "YOU DEFEATED".

...your answer to any math equation is 'PARRY THAT SHIT.'

...you're in the soap aisle of the grocery store, and your first instinct is to write something on the floor.

...your partner asks if you've brought protection, so you pull out two Purging Stones and say "Sure do."

...your dance partner asks what the coolest move you can do is. The answer: NINJA FLIP.

...you get a pamphlet or a facebook post this weekend that reads "Praise the Son"; and you're pretty sure they spelled it wrong.

Happy Easter, you crazy fuckers.

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 19, 2014, 07:08:04 AM »

...it's your chick's birthday, and your gift ideas revolve around what's warm and/or shiny.

Give her the master key, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 20, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »

Idk, I was just pissed off that you cant make your dude look like what you want without massive amounts of farming, and for gear that doesn't even make you good stat-wise no less.  Well I guess it depends... if you want to be a shiny knight, oh boy they got you covered.  Well, hello there!

and specifically I was talking about the dingy set CA, love dat set on a female spell-caster character.

What I noticed is that if you want your spell caster to actually look like one, they do
this
to
you

Why am I wearing a hollow dudes face? I just wanted the hat.
Whats with the emo face belts? Why can't I have Grandahl's outfit?
Can't I just have something like this and call it a day FROM software?"

As for disrespecting your player, its just a whooole lot of small things piling up that were trigging my bullshit senses as I played.
wonky hitboxes + one shot kills everywhere? bullshit
rolls being much less effective, but enemies track even more effective than before? bullshit
midpoint bonfire hidden behind secret door with clue? ok
midpoint bonfire hidden behind secret door in plain featureless stretch of wall identical to every other wall in the area? bullshit
having to deal with multiple enemies at once when youre dude flat out cant react fast enough to do so? double bullshit (less of an issue when you get AoE spells or large sweepy weapons, but still)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3589 on: April 20, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »

Sounds like you need to

------------git gud---------------------------------

what
about
all
of
these
sets
right
here
dawg
I
mean
come
on
dawg
its
damn

The hitboxes on the old knights in Heide's are pretty fucked, or, the attack box on some curved swords is fucked. Other than that what are you talking about?

Rolling is wayyyyyyy more effective in this game than it was in the previous two games. What are you talking about? Enemies tracking? You're rolling too early.

You can always react to groups of dudes what are you talking about? Where are you getting chain fucked so hard that you cannot get out?

Meh to bonfire thing. That happens like one time in what is the shortest area in the game (Aldias Keep). If it happens somewhere else then I forgot.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:46:14 PM by Rabbit » Logged

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 20, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »

This is excellent

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 20, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »

Sounds like you need to

------------git gud---------------------------------

what
about
all
of
these
sets
right
here
dawg
I
mean
come
on
dawg
its
damn

The hitboxes on the old knights in Heide's are pretty fucked, or, the attack box on some curved swords is fucked. Other than that what are you talking about?

Rolling is wayyyyyyy more effective in this game than it was in the previous two games. What are you talking about? Enemies tracking? You're rolling too early.

You can always react to groups of dudes what are you talking about? Where are you getting chain fucked so hard that you cannot get out?

Meh to bonfire thing. That happens like one time in what is the shortest area in the game (Aldias Keep). If it happens somewhere else then I forgot.
Idk man, half of those dont appeal to me at all.  But thats not a problem with the game, so whatever.  I do note that some of those require grinding out npc invaders, or enemies that only show up once in the entire game though... why do that to the dudes playing your game?

Also with the hitboxes- everywhere? Ever been hit by an attack that came out while the dude was staggered or dying? Crushed by an overhand swing that was 5 feet to the left? Im still perplexed by it.

The enemies hyper swivelling was silly even back in Demon's Souls, regardless of ways around it lol

btw, I said this stuff was annoying, not that you couldnt get around it. Of course you can, I just pile-drived this game into the ground yesterday. It was still annoying though.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3592 on: April 20, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »

Those hitbox issues werent during PVP by chance were they? Some wild shit happens in PVP.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 20, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »

man I havent even gotten to the online yet.
I hear its a mess.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3594 on: April 20, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »

man I havent even gotten to the online yet.
I hear its a mess.

99% of the time its fine. the other 1% is lag.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 20, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »

Yeah PvP is great, but I get kinda angry when someone lags enough to the point where I can't try parrying them. You don't understand how much I rely on parries - enters duel while typing, parries opponent's first attack - to win. But with a good connection it's all fine, though - enters another duel, parries straight sword rolling r1 - if you didn't like Dark Souls 1 PvP you won't like this (which is perfectly fine, to just enjoy it for the PvE).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 21, 2014, 03:36:26 AM »

pvp is amazing compared to dks1 because it actually works. in dks1 if you live in a region without a lot of players, have fun being invaded once in a playthrough (if youre lucky) and have 90% of your summons fail.

also good luck getting summoned in under 15 minutes in dks1. i was in the sun covenant for my last build and wanted to legitimately get sunlight medals through co-op. i gave up after a few hours.

so yeah, thank you based fromsoft for returning to servers for dks2 and making multiplayer viable for the rest of us.

(p.s. did i mention how cool it is to actually have the message system work as intended again?)
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 21, 2014, 04:45:00 AM »

yeah.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:37 AM »

pvp is amazing compared to dks1 because it actually works. in dks1 if you live in a region without a lot of players, have fun being invaded once in a playthrough (if youre lucky) and have 90% of your summons fail.

also good luck getting summoned in under 15 minutes in dks1. i was in the sun covenant for my last build and wanted to legitimately get sunlight medals through co-op. i gave up after a few hours.

so yeah, thank you based fromsoft for returning to servers for dks2 and making multiplayer viable for the rest of us.

(p.s. did i mention how cool it is to actually have the message system work as intended again?)
I keep forgetting you've never seen a summon sign CA lol

idk, lurking various boards I keep hearing about dat mp lag just as bad or worse than ds1, and some people getting no invasions at all despite going out of their way.  Well unless you enter a bell tower, then its a back2back fuckfest lol
Also invaders have been savegame cheating since release day lololo

Welp guess I'll find out whenever I get to it.

Oh and I have this to say about Iron Keep
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3599 on: April 23, 2014, 05:44:03 AM »

Those people are either:

1. Liars and bad.
2. Playing with international players.

NG+ is near constant invasions. In almost every area.

As for NG. Belfry Luna is baby's first pvp and as such is really easy to get kills. Doesn't matter if you're the invader or the invadee. The main reason people complain about Belfry Luna is because its the first time you're actually forced to PVP and people are ~*terrible*~ at this game. Nobody bitches about Belfry Sol because you're (generally) a lot better at the game by then.

Save game cheaters have been getting banned a lot lately which is nice.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:50:01 AM by Rabbit » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic