Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411695 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 09:25:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkProgrammer and Game Designer for ??? USD/hour
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer and Game Designer for ??? USD/hour  (Read 2187 times)
speeder
BANNED
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:56:54 AM »

Hello!

In a brazillian forum, we created a project to incentive the use of contractors in the game industry, basically, people that is starting offer themselves for some low pay, and then each week they adjust the pay based on the amount of work they got.

So, I am starting with 3 USD.

I am offering myself to code and design whatever you want, I can also tackle long projects, but know that my price will vary during the project, and thus you cannot predict the final price.

Also I can create prototypes in Novashell for whatever you want to test Smiley

I made this arcade game (for those wondering who I am): http://www.abril.com.br/blog/campus-party/2011/01/19/fanatico-por-jogos-leva-seu-proprio-fliperama-para-a-arena/

http://pcworld.uol.com.br/galerias/games-na-campus-party-2011/paginador/pagina_3

http://www.baixaki.com.br/galeria/1734.htm#foto=12777

(old trailer, the version in the arcade is kinda different and better)

PM me or e-mail [email protected]

EDIT: I will place here the current prices as I remember that this post exist...

Currente rate is 15 USD hour

Oh, I give 20% of discount to those that pay me with Bitcoin! Common, let's get those bitcoins rolling.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:23:58 AM by speeder » Logged

speeder
BANNED
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »

I've got some nice clients (none from Tig... wonder why), and my current rate is 15 USD hourly.

So I am bumping this to say my new price.

Also, someone asked me to make a trailer... well, if you liked the trailer of my game (

and

) I can make trailers (and other video editing) too. Those trailers are entirely my design , including SFX and Music (but it is best to buy music from someone else, I am slow at making music, thus it would be very expensive and a pro musician probably can do it faster and maybe cheaper), so if you need a trailer, call me :D

Also one of my clients made me create iPhone stuff for him, so I learned how to code for iPhone, I have no iPhone (I do not have a Mac either), but if you want me to review some iPhone code or something like that, I can do it.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:35:29 AM »

The indie cliche of being penniless and 120% DIY isn't entirely false.  Roll Eyes

speeder
BANNED
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »

Well... it applied when I was making the arcade Tongue

And it still sorta apply (even getting 15 USD hour, I am spending almost all my money paying debts from university, construction of the arcade and medical expenses... and those seemly are rising Sad  it is what happen when you have a disease that cheap medics refuse to fix).

But I've seen people here on TIG doing great stuff and selling nice games and all (specially those from northern and northwest europe, that have higher income and technology available to them), thus I guessed they would be able to hire me... But I still think I was wrong... But who knows... sometimes a random person desperately need help and they have the money Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic