Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 12:04:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEXODITION - Obscure 3D Jump'n'Run
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: EXODITION - Obscure 3D Jump'n'Run  (Read 6707 times)
Frece
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2024, 12:29:33 PM »

I spent the entire last 6 days working nonstop on Exo.

Solving so many Problems and Polishing so many features!
Since yesterday I let my friends test the game and already made Hotfixes based on their feedback .

I am so much into the Exo-Mode and I try to bring the first 6 levels to you as polished as I can =) I can't wait for your feedback guys!!

Early Access is only 4 days Left!!!!!
Frece
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2024, 03:55:18 AM »

Come and show what you got by beating the game up to it's current state.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1518650/Exodition

---

For all of you who are wondering about how much there is available in the game right now, and how much will be in the final game.
Here is an overview of the (Rough) Development Plan.

So as you can see. The entire base area is already available. And from now on each month I am planning to add at least 2 new Levels. A lot of them are already pretty far in development and just need more polishing before I can actively add it to the Game. If everything goes according to plan Exodition should release fully around November.
The cool thing is, that you can always be part of the journey, discovering each new area with all others as well as the nice chance to get your Feedback/Ideas into the Game too. I am excited to hear all new ideas.

---

Anyways I just wanted to add that all of this, what happens atm with Exo means so much to me as it is actually a life goal of mine to Finish Exodition. Releasing the Early Access after all this time is an incredible feeling.
Let's make this Game super Nice!! <3 Smiley
Your help will make a difference.

AdamM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2024, 10:23:12 AM »

Hey, I just tried out the demo. I checked back on this thread and see it’s a few years old already? So I’m not sure if feedback on it would be valid. I will say overall, the difficulty skewed a little too harsh and the challenges very quickly ramped up to basically “I need to do some janky stuff to get past this” (walking into the side of a crusher while it’s down, cutting corners, etc.

It was never enough that I got stuck, and especially with forgiving checkpoints, but there was a bit of a feeling of “do I seriously have to do this?” Particularly with some of the smaller platforms. New hazards often came as a surprise too, with no safe space to learn about them. Like falling platforms first appearing over a pit, and horizontal crushers being paired with horizontal poison gas before I’ve experienced either on their own.

I know you’re in early access to get feedback, but if possible it would also be good to just watch people play and see what happens. A lot of it feels balanced to be challenging for the designer of the game and not so much the correct level of challenge for a random player.

Again, it’s possible you’ve addressed all of this already! Just wanted to give my thoughts.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic