Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:11:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249785 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: March 24, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »

Anyway, the actual gameplay is split between air and land battles. Air battles are like Star Fox, land battles are like a third person action game. The air battles are superb, the land battle controls are a little weird at first, but you get used to them.
the air levels are space harrier, the ground levels are sin & punishment with free movement.

anyway i think your post is a bit hyperbolic. the game is good but the controls aren't. there are a couple of possible control schemes but none of them feels 100% right to me. using your special abilities is always finicky no matter what options you choose. the level design is good but not as stellar as something like sin & punishment 2 (in terms of pacing and variety) and the boss fights so far (i'm up to chapter 6) have been kinda humdrum. i like the difficulty system and variety of weapons. the visual are really nice (best-looking 3ds game yet?) and the candyfloss palette goes well with the frantic pacing. also the game seems to be jam-packed with content which is cool.

i'm having fun with it but it's not a masterpiece.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 24, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »

The controls feel absolutely fine to me; I'm using ABXY to move 'cause I'm left-handed. It seems like a ton of reviewers have chastised the game for its controls, but I can't see where they're coming from (maybe the circle pad's actually the worst way to move? I wouldn't know). The one thing I will agree with on the controls is that special powers are indeed hard to use (that only really becomes a problem in multiplayer). Anyway, it's a good game and it seems to have plenty of replayability. I especially like the ability to set the difficulty. With it at a steady 7 or so, the game is pretty strategic and fairly difficult, and I'm glad for this because it doesn't bore me like SM3DL and SS sorta started to.
Also, I love that

that plays when Pit/Dark Pit appears in multiplayer. Good stuff.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 24, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »

controls become much more manageable once you understand the flow of dashing and dash attacks.

how good is the multiplayer? i haven't tried it yet.

oh btw: is the pandora's labyrinth level an homage to the original starfox or what? the dialog is pretty funny even tho the voice acting could be better.
-Rob-D.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 24, 2012, 03:13:26 PM »

how good is the multiplayer? i haven't tried it yet.

Both online modes are fun but crazy hectic - I didn't do well but my weapon wasn't that great. Didn't appear to be any lag for the matches I played either.

I've been using the default controls and haven't had any gameplay problems. My left hand gets a little tired after an hour, though. I did adjust the reticule movement to be slightly faster.

This is shaping up to be my favorite 3DS game so far though. The bosses may not be that splendid but the overall content is great. Expansive content, charming characters, witty dialogue, and fairly nice level design. I also agree that the visuals are probably the best on the 3DS so far. A really solid title.

Also, Best Buy was selling it at $30 if anyone has been on the fence about the game and wants to save $10.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 25, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »

cool thanks Smiley

btw guys, is snake eater 3d worth getting for someone who played (but didn't finish) the original way back when? i've heard complaints about the controls and graphics.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1385 on: March 25, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »

As far as portable goes, you're probably better off getting the Vita HD collection.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 25, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »

As far as portable goes, you're probably better off getting the Vita HD collection.
o didn't realize the collection was coming out for vita. waiting for that then.
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 25, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »

Finished Kid Icarus: Uprising, though I played through on an easy difficulty (3.4ish throughout). I can't imagine how brutal it must be on 9.0...I'm afraid to try it, considering it costs hearts to play. The story lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, and had some pretty unexpected plot twists. I'll be trying the multiplayer next. Smiley
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »

Yeah, I keep my difficulty around 7 and find it hard to stay alive. I haven't finished the normal game yet, though, because I've been doing multiplayer a ton. I use a Taurus Arm that does ~200 damage per melee combo, and then I put in Lightweight(it's great) and Transparency(also great). It cleans up in free-for-all (I average 6-8 kills per match).
Also, I hate when people become your team's Pit early, and don't go into hiding or get out of the open. DON'T BE A DUMB PIT, FOLKS.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1389 on: March 25, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »

I want this game I want this game I want this game  Beg

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 25, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

I don't and it's weird since it's currently the 3DS' biggest title apparently. I'm just not into shooters that aren't shmups.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1391 on: March 25, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »

Seeing as it's been teased since the 3DS's unveiling I'm not at all surprised that this game is so popular already.

Looks like a knockout for me.  Smiley

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:31 AM »

Maybe you're aware that Epic Mickey 2 is in the works, but it's been confirmed that 3DS will get an exclusive version, a 2D platformer with hand-drawn sprites, as a follow up to the Genesis game Castle of Illusion.

http://ds.about.com/b/2012/03/26/epic-mickey-power-of-illusion-preview-courtesy-of-nintendo-power.htm

"Power of Illusion is being put together by DreamRift, the studio behind 2011's Monster Tale for the Nintendo DS. The game, which is its own side-scrolling, platforming title (instead of a mere port of The Power of Two), is a follow-up to Epic Mickey, but more interestingly, it's also a follow-up to Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, a 1990 game for the Sega Genesis!

Power of Illusion will make heavy use of the Nintendo 3DS's stylus. By tapping the item icons exist in every level, you'll be able to "paint" (trace) those items into existence, including cliffs, cannons, and floating platforms. The more precisely you trace, the better for Mickey. A flawlessly-painted canon will only damage Mickey's enemies, for instance, but if you mess up the painting, the canon will be a danger to everyone in the area."

"Sometimes you'll need to erase objects, which is done by spreading thinner. Again, the stylus comes into play here.

The hand-drawn sprites in Power of Illusion are extremely compelling, and, thanks to scrolling parallax backgrounds (a heavily-used graphic technique in the days of 16-bit gaming), reportedly look great in sterescopic 3D. Even better, every level in the game is based on an animated Disney adventure, from "Sleeping Beauty" to "Tangled" and lots in between. "

"As a final declaration of oldschool love, every character that Mickey saves in Power of Illusion will take up residence in the fortress that Mickey uses as his home base, a confirmed nod to the esteemed Suikoden RPG series. Sometimes you find references in the unlikeliest of places, but that's part of what makes video games fun. Right?

There's no release date set for Power of Illusion (Fall 2012 is a general target), but expect lots more information on this game as the weeks march on like Mouseketeers."

Man, sounds nice.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 27, 2012, 01:08:02 AM »

never heard of this monster's tale gam. is it good?

mepic ickey was ok. played like one of rare's n64 platformers. i wish it had more warren spectory stuff. is spector still involved with the sequel?

imo the best disney games were the ones capcom made in the 90s.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1394 on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:11 AM »

It's pretty good. Nothing truly great, but a fun time.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »

o i remember now. it seemed interesting but then i heard tons of people say the gameplay isn't that all that and the main draw is pretty graphics so i didn't bother, esp because i would have had to import it.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 27, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »

And apparently it wasn't very long.

First screen of the Mickey game:

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 27, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »

Whoooaa a magazine scan of a screenshot from a 2d game!  I am swept away in nostalgia.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 27, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »

I might have to buy this just to encourage the creation of more 2-d hand-drawn platformers.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 27, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »

I love when handhelds get the better multiplatform version of a game. Because it's usually a good 2D platformer version of an otherwise boring, generic action game Durr...?

EDIT: More scans:
http://gamingeverything.com/17743/more-screenshots-epic-mickey-power-of-illusion/
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic