Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 01:19:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessAccepting Online Payments outside of US: PayPal only?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Accepting Online Payments outside of US: PayPal only?  (Read 1834 times)
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »

Hi,

My team is building a preorder page for our game-in-dev and one great inspiration is Wolfire's Overgrowth preorder page: PayPal, Amazon Payments and Google Checkout.

None of us is in the US. It seems this makes it impossible to accept payments via Amazon Payments and Google Checkout as they require an US credit card and US address.

Are there ways to legally circumvent this?
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

Does this help (PayPal and the others should be mentioned into that thread)?

qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »

Thanks, it's an interesting list.

However for now I need to be able to have flexible pricing ("pay-what-you-want-able").
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »

Maybe consider FastSpring?
Paul Eres' is using them and his game Immortal Defense is pay what you want.

Moreover you might also find The Big List Of Payment Processors useful.

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:19:43 PM »

wolfire is kind of an exception in that they don't use proper e-commerce service providers like fastspring, bmt-micro, plimus, etc. -- i'm not sure why they don't do that, but you probably shouldn't model yourself on them

qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »

wolfire is kind of an exception in that they don't use proper e-commerce service providers like fastspring, bmt-micro, plimus, etc. -- i'm not sure why they don't do that, but you probably shouldn't model yourself on them
Pay-what-you-want requires a payment processor that will not charge more than $0.01 for a $0.01 transaction. PayPal/Amazon Payments/Google Checkout don't as far as I know and they have the lowest minimum fees.

By the way, Sweden-based Mojang (Mincraft) uses PayPal and MoneyBookers but neither Amazon Payments nor Google Checkout.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:42:54 AM by qubodup » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »

paypal has a minimum of something like 32 cents, fastspring has a minimum of something like 75 cents. because of the differences in service i chose fastspring because they offer more and the difference of 43 cents isn't that big of a deal, especially considering that with paypal i have to worry about charging VAT myself for european customers, and i don't have to worry about that with fastspring

hanako
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »

You may know this already, but BMT Micro will accept amazon payments and google checkout for you (for a cut).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic