Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 08:49:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSkullgirls
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Skullgirls  (Read 54604 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »

lolwat? no one was even talking about sexism. also female characters can't be "creatively designed" unless they're sexualized? sorry but your post makes no sense to me.
AshfordPride
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 02:51:04 PM »

lolwat? no one was even talking about sexism. also female characters can't be "creatively designed" unless they're sexualized? sorry but your post makes no sense to me.

I've been mulling my position on this over for a while since I've saw a panel at PAX about female video game characters.  I'll probably make a thread later about it, but I really don't want to talk about it here.  I love Skullgirls so much, and I think the topic would just be so cancerous to the thread and off-putting to anyone who might peak in here and see what's up.  Let's just drop it for now, sorry.  I'm just tired of the contentions people are having over this game  because of the all-female cast.

-

Hey, let's talk about something eeeeeeelse!

All characters seem to be my favorite kind of fighter, the guy who can turn into stuff.  I think ever since Clay in Clayfighter 63 1/3, I always liked the sort of fighter who had some sort of part of their body or weapon that could turn into a lot of cool stuff and shapes.  It's a very interesting way of dressing up what would otherwise be very standard moves, and in a game like Skullgirls it's a pretty fantastic way to show off the animation.  Still, it seems like every character has some sort of article or clothing or part of their body that is highly morphable, and it kind of makes everyone a little unpredictable.  It sure is fun and nice to look at, but I'm wondering if it'll be hard to gauge what a character is capable of.  I'm sure anybody who is really interested in this game will be able to learn what every character can do, but I'm wondering in people who aren't so dedicated might be a little put off about how crazy some of the girls can be.

Also, rewatched some Peacock test footage.  I've just notice that the block and hit indications seem to dynamically light up the characters on contact.  That's pretty cool!

And another thing to distract you from the toxicity of my arguments!  I rechecked the Skullgirls website and found that they only have three characters listed now.  Earlier, I remember there being eight on the website.  To prove I'm not crazy, I found a video showing their portraits.

Any word if these guys were scrapped?  Maybe just taken down so they could be revealed more ceremoniously?  They seemed interesting, and I'd hate to see them completely gone, especially the recapitated catgirl.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:08:10 PM by AshfordPride » Logged
shig
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »

http://skullgirls.livejournal.com/

old livejournal from before the project was picked up by konami and shit. last update: april 2007.

you can see some pics with the characters that they were planning to include back then. they are probably going to get included in this newer version.

parasoul was announced already, but isnt anywhere near completion. she'll probably be the next character they reveal with videos.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:11:29 PM by shig » Logged
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »

I remember the rest of the characters too. Quite honestly, the only character I really like is Peacock so I don't mind if they scrapped the rest of the characters.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »

arcana heart is for paedophiles
Dragonmaw
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 04:46:02 PM »

I think I still have all of the design and art notes somewhere on my HDD from when they had me set up the dev wiki. Assuming they stick with the characters they were working with, there's about 6 more to be announced after Parasoul. A lot of them are pretty fucking cool, too Tongue

(There are some missing from that video you posted but I'm not gonna say or share, it's not my project)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »

i don't mean to alarm you but i suspect the man posting images of huge anime boobs and getting mad when people have the slightest hesitance about the trappings of a pervert game might be a paedophile too
Anarkex
Level 1

Still dope.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »

huge anime boobs

paedophile

That's not how it works.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »

The smelt it / dealt it rule also applies to accusations of pedophilia.

Don't keep it all inside, Joe. We are here to help.
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 05:47:58 PM »

i don't mean to alarm you but i suspect the man posting images of huge anime boobs and getting mad when people have the slightest hesitance about the trappings of a pervert game might be a paedophile too

oh no ! ! !! ! !

confession: all the title makes me think of is skullpogo

but it is good to see that there is room for innovation in the already packed 'skull-prefixed game' area

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »

Yeah, that skullpogo seems pretty good.

Boobs =/= Loli
Flat chest == Loli == Paedophile

The problem is that the fucking anime girls could have +30 years old mature woman and still look like a 8 years old girl, have you see Tenjou Tenge?, I even don't know if getting the older sister is paedophilia, lol, I'm confused right now.

About the topic on hand, I play fighting games and the innovation this game will have is an engine built around to stop "infinites", so that's a revolutionary step if works, especially in competitive fighting games, since this seems to be built around the combo system of Marvel vs Campcom that is a really easy one to do (combos).

Also, I really like Peacock, because It now doesn't look like a typical all moe girls anime fighting game that turn off non-weaboos.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 07:12:34 PM »

im pretty sure you can get an adult woman with a flat chest
and its not beyond japanese to draw tiny little girls with giant tits
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »

unless you're an srk forumer, in wich case "party game" means "game i dont like".
Pretty much where I was going. The ideals of a SRK member part not the Believing in what they say.
I hope Mike Z finds out about Skullpogo, and throw that character in as a guest fighter.
Areku
Level 1

Well yeah.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 08:04:24 PM »

Okay people. Please. Let's just not derail this topic into pointless discussion about breast size and random accusations of pead-
Pedo...
Phaedo...

Whatever the hell it's called.
This is a fighting game. One with seeexay wimminz, but a game nonetheless. So how about we keep the discussion to the game itself, and not why X finds a character attractive and Y finds X a pedo for thinking that way.

Joe, inflamatory posts are not leading you anywhere.

Ashford, putting up all that hentai-ish fanart is not helping you out much, either.

Just... Just don't pull the Soul Calibur IV stunt all over again, okay?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 08:20:32 PM »

Areku, I like you.  Smiley

Also, the game looks neat; I'm no fighting game guy, but I really love the style. I remember seeing this around 2007 (wow, four years ago!), and it really inspired me. Showed me some of the amazing things indies can do.  Smiley
AshfordPride
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »

Ashford, putting up all that hentai-ish fanart is not helping you out much, either.

I feel naked if I don't post with an image. 
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 05:44:03 AM »

Peacock is like Deadpool's lil sister that lost her arms during a bombing of an orphanage. She a walking reference book of old media.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »

Joe, inflamatory posts are not leading you anywhere.
I'm Super Joe
shig
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »

reported for circumventing ban
filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 10:00:32 AM »

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this game, I didn't know it's an indie game, that's exciting for me.

But anyone knows when It'll be released?

Or when they will leak new videos, maybe a new character?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic