Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 05:16:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogselement4l - moody experimental platformer - vid
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: element4l - moody experimental platformer - vid  (Read 783 times)
kaaJ
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »

Hey Guys,

I've been working on this game for about one year with 2 talented guys (for music and additional graphics), and since the preview version is almost in a beta stage, I was wondering if we could have some first opinions from you guys. The teaser gives you an impression of the various stages and the gameplay movie shows off the first stage (tutorial) of the game.

In element4l, you just change the state of your character to advance through levels. To make it a little more interesting, I’ve added some extra abilities for every state. Air receives a minor upper inertia, fire -> right and stone -> down. If you combine this with standard physics (like ice: slides, air: light, …), you get a alternative but nice platforming experience. For example: if you want to go right, the best thing to do is: change your state to fire to have some inertia to the right. If you then quickly change to ice, you keep the speed and smoothly slide forward. Do this a couple of times, and you could go fast… very fast!

The game looks pretty simple, but trust me, it is not :-)

TEASER:

GAMEPLAY STAGE 1 LEVEL 1:

Twitter: @iillusionsgames

Oh and yes, there is an short animated storyline as well, but that's not included yet!

Hope you guys like it!

Cheers,
kaaJ - Dirk Van Welden
Patomkin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »

This looks cool Shocked

ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »

gameplay reminds me a bit of loco roco, it's looking beautiful so far!
andrew-101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »

I'm usually not a fan of silhouette games, I feel that a lot of the time its just a cop out. You and the other devs however have obviously put quite a bit of effort into this style, and I think it works. Like what ninto said, its really beautiful. Everything is just so smooth, the UI, the sounds, the camera. I love it.

2D puzzle game: tectonicgame.com
kaaJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »

Thanks for the comments! Cool that you also mentioned the sound, I was planning on adding some details this week, but I was wondering if anyone would even notice  Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic