Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 08:03:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 907455 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6920 on: June 11, 2015, 07:40:41 AM »

I unno, that sounds like SMB3 and the DKC series to me.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: June 11, 2015, 07:52:30 AM »

Well in that case let me just say you've done a great job, the game is a blast. Maybe it seems trivial, but for me any game that I feel is "good" I feel that way because on some level it inspires me. With Sleeping Dogs the game has a vibe and flow that is very unique are really pushes a distinct feel.

Gentleman

Thanks, that means a lot Smiley. I can tell you everyone here who worked on it truly cares about this game like it's their own project, moreso than any other game company I've worked at.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6922 on: June 11, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »

Sadly, though, if you can't move with rhythm it becomes unbeatable.

There's always Bard...though I suppose it takes a Cadence victory to unlock him? I did it back when he was first available in early access, and don't know if it's changed.

Bolt gives me a lot of trouble due to the way the game handles rhythm - in the faster levels, it seems impossible not to miss a whole lot of beats. I had to just accept this and incorporate it into my gameplay to get a Bolt victory.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: June 12, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »

i was trying the requiem overhaul mod for skyrim that promises to add more "roleplaying" and "realism". what it really does is make enemies hilariously OP to the point where you have to farm mudcrabs for 5 hours until u can even survive a single quest.

its like they tried to make skyrim lelhardcore but completely disregarded how the game is structured and ended up creating skyrim: tedious edition in the process. wat a piss.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: June 12, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

if anything the third wave indies have proven than there is taste for EVERYTHING anywhere, let people enjoy their ultra niche fantasy

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: June 13, 2015, 06:02:24 AM »

"TEDIUM IS REALISTIC" is pretty much the modus operandi of the Daggerfall fandom and TES modding community.

wrt Super Mario Galaxy I felt like the levels were *really* inconsistent. Like some were these fairly lengthy, ornate things with puzzles. Some were literally just a small bowl shaped area with the star sitting at the bottom. And I wasn't getting much of a sense of progression in terms of stuff getting more elaborate as the game went on. And more tended towards mindlessly simplistic than interesting, really (which annoyed because I thought the few levels that WERE interesting were REALLY interesting).

I also felt like there was no incentive to explore or do well at the game -- I don't remember having to find or figure out how to get stars, if you go of on your own you only find coins that you don't need and extra lives that don't persist when you save (and you only really need extra lives in a few places anyway). There's no real scoring or meaningful per-level completion rankings or whatever. I mean I guess you need the Fruity Pebbles to unlock certain places but the game was barfing those at me left and right, up through what I played at least.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: June 13, 2015, 06:06:47 AM »

i thought you just make everything 1 hit kill. Now that a mod i would play.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: June 13, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

"TEDIUM IS REALISTIC" is pretty much the modus operandi of the Daggerfall fandom and TES modding community.

lol that explains why i never find elder scrolls "realism" mods any fun. also daggerfall is my least favorite TES.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6928 on: June 13, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »

the green stars in galaxy 2 are the best thing in either galaxy game.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: June 13, 2015, 02:13:26 PM »

Anyway I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with SMG's levels generally being more linear and not exploration based, but if you go that route you have to make them a lot more challenging. Or at least give them a higher challenge ceiling -- maybe make them easy to get through, but make them harder to 100% or something. You see this in shmups a lot, where you have games that are easy clears but a lot harder when you play for score.

... On the flipside, I do think there's merit in making explorationy platformers easier, since you don't want the difficulty to make the player not want to explore.

I guess this ties into the Skyrim mod thing that was being talked about too, though.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6930 on: June 13, 2015, 06:56:54 PM »

the main thing isn't to make it easier or harder or more "challenging™", but more layering of "level reading", pathing and solution so daring player have something to do too that accommodate many playstyles.

Mario 64 has this thing were you have the safe complex path, the skill path, the trade health path, the clever path, etc ... a typical simple pattern would be the U path where you can barely jump from two side of the U if you are impatient and don't want to take the entire path. There was that path in the flooded level where you have to press a switch far away with a time limit to have a block that allow you to go onto a higher platform or mastery of 3 kinds of different jump allow you to wall jump like a mofo directly onto it. The control and lay out are so rewarding that how you play the first time is vastly different on how you play a second time and the game is still solvable and enjoyable.

In galaxy you occasionally go left of right for collecting either trinket A or B in their respective area and the challenge is the exact same repeated by number of trinket to collect, trinket just gates you off progression by repeating a single challenge, and most level gimmick are about going from A to B in a quirky way that isn't expended beyond that purpose (those twirling flower being an example, not much different from those vine at the beginning, they are functionally the same, just more interactive star flight between planets). Worst the game punish you for improvising so your first playthrough is barely different that the hundredth, especially has the rigid camera make stupid slight adjustment that throws you off given that the game as bad collision. Power ups generally allow for layering in mario but here they are on the same level than level gimmick, gated and single puporsed.

That said mario galaxy is still a superior zelda than skyward sword

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: June 13, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »

eat that galaxy Cool

only early tony hawk come that close

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: June 14, 2015, 03:59:32 AM »

SM64 speedruns r da best.

I spent all of yesterday continuing on Minish Cap and got to the final boss, lost, and went to sleep. Tried again today. Every new stage looses me a bit too many hearts before I figure it out and so I come back the next time, having gotten that part down, only to die before I figure the next stage out and so on. :p

SPOILER??: And it wasn't until my last play now that I found out you could restock hearts and faires halfway through the boss.

Died again, and am certain just one more thing on the final step would've done the trick. Taking a little break now before I try again.

EDIT:
Done! Lost only like three hearts on the final stage this time, lawl.

I named Link Zelda BTW, so the end text said ”this is not the end of Zelda and Zelda's adventures in Hyrule"~  Durr...?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:42:14 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6933 on: June 14, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »

Horry shit at those 64 gifs. Shocked Makes me want to finally beat the game.

I ran into Killing Moon's game breaking glitch again. Ugh.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6934 on: June 17, 2015, 07:58:22 AM »

Playing this iOS chess/go like/like strategy game and crushing it: http://replay.kindogame.fr/?play=62#20150615095898627

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: June 17, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »

We started on Ōkami tho I'm not the one playing. Second time I'm watching someone play this game without playing myself. :p At least I TRIED a few movements this time, tho. I don't think I touched the controller at all last time.

SimonaVir
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: June 19, 2015, 02:27:48 AM »

I've got addicted to business simulation game and its online! www.virtonomics.com

It makes me feel good to know that I can have millions in my account, even though it's virtual  Hand Money Right
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: June 19, 2015, 06:10:18 AM »

thats sad
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: June 19, 2015, 12:32:10 PM »

got fantasy life a few days ago. this game is pretty good but there is just way too much lame dialogue. if this game jsut set you loose upon the whole world without any plot walls it would be amazing.

JWK5
« Reply #6939 on: June 19, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »

Despite all the flak the game got, I have to say Resident Evil 6 is pretty awesome (so far). Maybe that opinion might change if I were playing the game solo or maybe it will change when I go through the other campaigns, but so far I am running through Leon's campaign with my wife and we're having a blast. I am finding lately that most reviews seem to be overly jaded and I seem to have a lot of fun with games that are supposedly not so good.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic