Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:33:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPrimordia - A Retro-Styled Point and Click Adventure
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Primordia - A Retro-Styled Point and Click Adventure  (Read 4645 times)
Pinback
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

Hey all,

I've been working on this for some time now, and while I'm slightly ashamed that I'm virtually still a manbaby here, this game will be released as freeware- so basically I'm not just here to spam and drum up some hits for my site. We will be giving back to the community too.
I suppose this post is more an announcement of our game in development, than a call for feedback (Although of course anyfeedback/C&C will be welcome and much appreciated). However this will change over the coming weeks and months as I post more info about the gameplay, showoff more assets etc, and we will begin looking much more to the indie community for feedback leading up to release.

So without further ado, I present;

PRIMORDIA
A Point and Click Adventure

Ages have passed since legendary Man walked the planet.  Now, in the desolate wastelands beyond the city of Metropol, an android named Horatio jealousy guards his freedom, independence and of course his only companion, a small floater robot.  The duo's only means of survival are lost when a marauding foe steals his power source, forcing Horatio to leave the safety of his home and set out on a perilous journey into the wastes- and into his own mysterious past.

Horatio:  You know, I always wanted to be able to fly.  It just felt . . . right.  That’s why I built you with a mag-lev unit.

Crispin:  Not so that you could store tools on hard-to-reach ledges?

Horatio:  Well, that too.

Primordia is a retro-styled traditional Point and Click adventure, to be released sometime before april 2011 as freeware.  

Features include;

• Immersive storyline
  • Beautifully scored
  • Lushly illustrated graphics
  • Fully voiced, engaging characters
  • Fluid animations
  • Intricate game world filled with curiosities

Production has been moving at quite a pace for the past few months. Working with writer Mark Yohalem (Writer for commercial titles such as Heroes of Newerth, Savage 2, Kohan II, and Axis & Allies, along with numerous other things.) and composer m0ds (Scored more games than one might think possible, Trilby's Notes, Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth, Murphy's Salvage just to name a few) continues to be totally awesome, it's been really great to bounce the creativity back and forth, these guys just keep amazing me with thier incredible work- I've really had to change gears graphics wise to try and make the visuals match coolness with everything else.
A stable of fantastic voice actors is icing on the cake, although this is the one aspect of Primordia that is still in the early stages of development, everything else- story, script, puzzles, music, graphics, programming is all at around the 50% - 60% completed mark, with an exhaustive design document and concept art ready to direct the remaining portion.

For more info, concept art, or to pre-order/donate check out our website

"First, in thy infancy, in a mad confusion, denouncing the shrine as a weapon once turned against thee.  Later, thou returnedst, penitent, and I taught thee the mysteries of Humanism."   - E.F.L

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:16:35 AM by Pinback » Logged
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:16:58 AM »

Nice graphics style. Good luck with this.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »

The story and graphics are very immersive. If the voices are even half as good the game must have incredible atmosphere.

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »

Victor Pflug dude deserves like seven high fives right this instance.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:51 AM »

This is some magic shit. Like, Legend of Mana painted backgrounds magic. And it's freeware-to-be.
This is like, so excellent my emotions loop around from bliss to HORRIBLE ANGER. Angry

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »

this is super hot stuff dudes. Such gorgeous art. reminds me of that keith dude...keith thompson. really looking forward to seein' where this goes.

Pinback
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 01:04:18 AM »

Haha, thanks guys- glad you like it!
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 04:42:43 AM »

I want to play it asap!!!! Wink

chickenhead
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »

Man this really excites me.

Will the game play in 320x200?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

Freakin awesome.

hi
Pinback
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »

Man this really excites me.

Will the game play in 320x200?

Yes, the resolution for Primordia is 320x200 and it can be played either fullscreen or in windowed mode. It uses the AGS engine, the setup icon of which allows you to choose several different display modes to run the game with.

Personally I love 320x200 res, and I like exploring just how cool I can make things look with it. For instance I use a lot of lighting, paralaxx, and alpha blended sprites to push the res to it's limits, while still keeping that old-school VGA feel.
Pinback
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 02:26:02 AM »

Hey all!

Been way too busy to do much other than create assets and work with the team, but I did find time to put together some wallpapers from my latest concept art and backgrounds-

I made three sizes, and they're all available here;

www.primordiagame.com

Enjoy!

Igor Hardy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »

I see the art looks grand in hi-res too.

ADDatWork23
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »

This looks pretty cool so far!
Kuppo
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

Woah, how did I miss this? Looks like my cup of tea.  Certainly watching for more updates. Hand Thumbs Up Right
Alberto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »

This looks great! Definitely looking forward to trying it out. How far along is it? I'd love to see some gameplay footage when it's ready.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 06:03:46 AM »

I can't wait to play this.  Genuinely original look you have there!

ragnor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 07:30:42 AM »

I'm melted with the beauty of this game. Graphics, scenario... can't wait to play  Addicted
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 12:28:23 PM »

Damn, dude.  Those graphics are balls deep.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »

Awesome, looks and sounds like it will be amazing! Certainly looking forward to seeing more and even more so to play it. 
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic