Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411708 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 02:51:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club  (Read 27637 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »

This is identical to treating "The Legend of Zelda" as a free game when it's really a commercial title as well.
where did we do that? isn't the idea to play one free game and one commercial game? loz is commercial, la mulana is freeware and the next game is most likely going to be vampire the masquerade bloodlines which is also a commercial game. so idk guys, am i missing something here?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:56:43 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »

Playing the first quest in Zelda Classic is functionally identical to pirating the game.
rdein
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »

you can play umihara kawase without knowing a single word of japanese.

since we have to treat it as a commercial title, there is a DS version released that packs both the SFC and the PS1 version of the game. the DS is not region locked.

legacy of the wizard was released in 1989 and it's unlikely falcom/brøderbund will rise a legal action against you if you pirate it, but be careful. the risk is still there

EDIT @ CAsinclair: i think the point here is that people don't want to pirate games?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2012, 08:02:20 AM »

then i guess let's just get rid of the commercial/free rule and decide on games by popular vote?

i personally couldn't care less if people pirate games to participate in the club and have no way of knowing anyway.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »

I also have 3D Dot Game Heroes, and it's also on my backburner, how about that? I'm a little less than halfway through it right now, and it is a fun little gem, but it's very linear and reminds me much more of games like FFA/Sword of Mana than LoZ. Admittedly, they did make some cool minigames in it, like Tower Defense and Dash Circuit.

I'd also nominate Catherine, along with a posting of which questions you get and what answers you've picked between the stages.

What I think would differenciate a "Games Club" game from a "Games" game is that they should be titles that not only open discussion, but also have a little point of personal expression/exploration about them - games that people can play a bit differently and share relevant outcomes/results like that.

PaleFox
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2012, 08:18:32 AM »

I think it would be good if the games could be played by people who don't, you know...

have a ps3?

if that's what the people want though, fair enough.
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

So, a few months ago I remember P-to-the-P3 talking about starting up a Hi-Score club up in this chaz-naüze, and now that we have our own little corner for that sort of thing, do you guys think it's worth pursuing? I mean, is there still interest and stuff?
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

I'm also interested on the P3's idea. Group playing isn't much my thing.  Shrug

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »

I don't think anybody here gives a shit about pirating a 20 year old game? But if they do, it's not like these are hard to find elsewhere (eg on the Wii.)

It'd be best if they're at least cross platform (preferably on the PC, too.) You're already gonna lose participants who don't want to pay for a game, and making it a platform exclusive console game will just aggravate that.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
kukukupo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »

I'd love to play Legacy of the Wizard or Crystalis.

I'm digging La Mulana.
ink.inc
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »

Really recommend Noitu Love 2. Only got to play through 3/4 of it on my old OLD laptop before it died... been meaning to pick it up again.

Konjak needs more love.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »

So, a few months ago I remember P-to-the-P3 talking about starting up a Hi-Score club up in this chaz-naüze, and now that we have our own little corner for that sort of thing, do you guys think it's worth pursuing? I mean, is there still interest and stuff?

Yeah, I'd be interested in that. Smiley
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2012, 11:49:52 PM »

Really recommend Noitu Love 2. Only got to play through 3/4 of it on my old OLD laptop before it died... been meaning to pick it up again.

Konjak needs more love.

Yes yes yes. I would LÖVE to do a game club on noitu love 2. Plus, support a homeboy <3

bros b4 hoes, all that.

(mainstream = hoes?)

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2012, 11:57:30 PM »

noitu love 2 is like 3 hours long

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Ashkin
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2012, 12:09:48 AM »

About the score club thing: It should take place over one week, once a month. Seems like ample time to rack up some skill and thus scores.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »

One game I've been putting off for a while that i'd love to play is Seiken Densetsu 3. I would also +1 Legacy of the Wiz.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »

While I've beaten Seiken Densetsu 3 twice, I still haven't done the game on the wolf-boy's path and fought his final boss, so I would play it again for that.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »

Vote is over, looks like the next game is Vampires.

Since Barkley was pretty high up there, maybe that should be the next freeware game after La Mulana? It's a pretty short game, I don't think it'd need a month.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:49:34 PM by Blademasterbobo » Logged

ortoslon
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »

score club
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »

Wow I was gone for a week and so much has happened!  Glad to see people are up for another round of this.  Two games a months sounds cool.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic