Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 03:27:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrossing Souls
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Crossing Souls  (Read 34560 times)
dabntz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2014, 02:48:44 AM »

Hi guys, Crossing Souls' art designer here!

We're working hard on Crossing Souls to get to our next goals: in first place, we want to have all the necessary stuff in order to make the trailer we all have dreamt about all this time and closing all the aspects involved in releasing a Kickstarter campaign. In second place, we want to set up a little gameplay test in order to get the atmosphere we're looking for in the game and to see the game mechanics in action.

We're going to keep releasing WIP material these weeks, so, stay tuned! We are saving some surprises for the Kickstarter. Today we'll leave you some wip and new material.

Chris' attack animation

Big Joe's front run cycle

A creepy wip location about school times. Looks like something wants to play with you :S

Send us your feedback. Cheers!

Fourattic Co-founder. We're developing "Crossing Souls". Soon on Kickstarter!
dabntz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 01:35:01 AM »

Hi folks!

This week has been intense. We're preparing a lot of new material for the Crossing Souls' Kickstarter, mainly focusing on advancing the gameplay. We're going to release it bit by bit because a lot of aspects are still in the oven, but we don't want to leave any new behind.

Here you have a little bit of basic fighting mechanics. We want to show as many in game footage in our trailer as possible and these are the tests.

Here you will find the video: http://www.fourattic.com/post/99210292736/just-an-approach-to-fighting-mechanics-in

Besides, we leave you with the teaser screenshot named: "WTF?!"

Cheers!

Fourattic Co-founder. We're developing "Crossing Souls". Soon on Kickstarter!
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2014, 04:15:05 AM »

Hi guys, Crossing Souls' art designer here!

We're working hard on Crossing Souls to get to our next goals: in first place, we want to have all the necessary stuff in order to make the trailer we all have dreamt about all this time and closing all the aspects involved in releasing a Kickstarter campaign. In second place, we want to set up a little gameplay test in order to get the atmosphere we're looking for in the game and to see the game mechanics in action.

We're going to keep releasing WIP material these weeks, so, stay tuned! We are saving some surprises for the Kickstarter. Today we'll leave you some wip and new material.

Chris' attack animation

Big Joe's front run cycle

A creepy wip location about school times. Looks like something wants to play with you :S

Send us your feedback. Cheers!

I admire the tolerance of the artist. Chris' attack looks awesome!
DEC
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2014, 02:54:01 AM »

Hi there!

This is Daniel, fellow developer from Crossing Souls!

This weeks have been very busy and we haven't stopped working on the game. The results are getting better and better and we hope you guys like it. Here you can see some advances:

This is Math shooting his custom red NES Zapper. He's ready to defeat anyone with a Far West style!

Charlie using her skipping rope as a whip. It's a really powerful circle attack.

This is a Homo Sapiens ghost attacking.

This is one boss from the location we presented before: the woods and the crazy bus driver. He won't let you pass unless you defeat him and his army of kids.

WIP T-Rex who will appear in the cutscenes.

We're uploading some WIP gameplay scene video!

All feedback is always welcomed!

juavazmor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2014, 05:04:34 AM »

Hi again guys!

it has been a long time ago since I don't post something! To be honest, we're really really busy working on the trailer for the Kickstarter campaign. We would like to have everything ready to launch it on next month so we don't stop working, day and night, improving some mechanics, animations, characters and scenes to show.

I've been developing some fighting mechanics for the characters of the game. As the player is able to control 5 different characters, each one has his own set of weapons and will have different attacks and damage.

There are lots of work ahead, this is just a sample of what we have in mind for now and we'd like to improve it during the full development of the game if we get funded.

Hope you like it. Don't hesitate to post! Feedback is always a good thing Smiley

Check out our game's DevLog - 'Crossing Souls': http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38599.0

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2014, 06:14:40 AM »

sub-sub-subscribin'

Airbar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »

Really loving what I see. Keep up the great work.
BPR
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2014, 03:31:43 AM »

Hi Guys,

My name is Ilya and I represent Brutal Pony riders. You can listen my BPR's works here:
https://soundcloud.com/brutal-pony-riders

I'm sure you will find in our music the same style with your game.
We are open for VGS music and other soundtrack projects.

Good luck,
-BPR
QuadraTron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »

Pretty damn cool looking. The ghost bus driver boss is a bit creepy though.

Are you guys finding working with Unity for 2D a good experience?
juavazmor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2014, 09:00:27 AM »

Pretty damn cool looking. The ghost bus driver boss is a bit creepy though.

Are you guys finding working with Unity for 2D a good experience?

Hi QuadraTron! Yeah, we're pretty comfortable with Unity for 2D stuff. Their tools have improved a lot and it's really easy to use. We also use 2D Toolkit plugin for some small tasks.

We haven't update the post because have been really busy preparing our Kickstarter campaign. Now is ready and live on https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/424511716/crossing-souls-an-adventure-between-life-and-death you can find a lot of information about the game in our wall

You can also check out the video here www.youtube.com/embed/8iCRNjvA2sg

Hope people like the idea and help us to get it funded, it would be really awesome  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:43:35 AM by juavazmor » Logged

Check out our game's DevLog - 'Crossing Souls': http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38599.0

Eldan_Knight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »

Amazing sprites and cartoon style! I love that 80' aesthetics. Kiss The gameplay also looks diverse and thrilling. Is there any Earthbound influence in your game?
juavazmor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »

Amazing sprites and cartoon style! I love that 80' aesthetics. Kiss The gameplay also looks diverse and thrilling. Is there any Earthbound influence in your game?

Glad you like it mate Smiley

We love Earthbound!! One of the best unknown gems we've played! sure it's one of our inspirations <3

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »

Wondered what happened to this then all the sudden BOOM my twitter explodes with Crossing Souls. Love the progress and looks fantastic.

Eldan_Knight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »

Sweet!!
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2014, 11:17:53 AM »

has anybody gotten mad at you for making the fat black kid a basketball player?

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »

see:
I like the art very much. But I have one problem, and that is with the character 'Big Joe'. Isn't an African American who loves basketball and fried chicken somewhat of a racial stereotype?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »

the only stereotype big joe has is a ghetto blaster

TheGreatBundini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 10:17:13 PM »

Good luck with the Kickstarter, the game looks great and your campaign was very well thought-out. I'd be interested in hearing more about your relationship with Devolver.

• How did it begin? Did they reach out to you, or were you in touch?
  • What kind of support/guidance do they offer for the KS campaign and beyond?
  • Do they offer any funding?

juavazmor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »

Hi guys!

sorry for being disappeared but we've been really busy these days. Kickstarter is taking all of our time, we're trying to make more assets, scenarios and material to show them in updates and keep the campaign alive!

Yep, but they got mad because he was black and fat... That wasn't our intention though, we just wanted a strong guy in the group  and the we re-watched "Hook" from Steven Spielberg... Thud Butt was like Big Joe and everybody loved him so...

Good luck with the Kickstarter, the game looks great and your campaign was very well thought-out. I'd be interested in hearing more about your relationship with Devolver.

• How did it begin? Did they reach out to you, or were you in touch?
  • What kind of support/guidance do they offer for the KS campaign and beyond?
  • Do they offer any funding?

Thank you for your good wishes. Hope we can get the game funded. Let's answer that questions!:

• They contacted us because they saw our work in this forum, indieDB and Twitter. So you already know what indie teams MUST do: share you work and share it a lot because you'll reach people that can be interested in helping you!
  • We already had the campaign almost ready when they contacted us but if you need something they can get it faster than you (the voice over in our kickstarter trailer is an example. It was ready in just one day). Beyond that? A lot of things: They will take care about marketing, adding extra languages, QA and testing or potential ports to other platforms.
  • Yep they did! In fact, they will cover some of the costs like the ones I tell above. The case is that we really wanted to do our Kickstarter. We had been working for months and we liked the idea of create a community of fans and work with them in the game and they understood our decision. But yes, you can negotiate the terms of the agreement with them. They are really good people to be honest.

Thanks to all for your support and good words. If someone wants to help us to spread the word, this is our Kickstarter campaign!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:46:43 PM by juavazmor » Logged

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »

oh yikes. dont you know that Spielberg is a notorious racist? Thud Butt is a direct caricature of how Spielberg viewed black people. fat (lazy) dumb and living in the jungle.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic