Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 12:11:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSuper Puzzle Platformer
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Super Puzzle Platformer  (Read 11139 times)
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »

Edit: Thanks for all the support!
and yes I am working on a new version with loads more content. You can follow the developments on twitter @int_main to keep up to date.

Edit#2: The new version has been announced! Check it out here, or the devlog here.

Hey everyone! I sold this flash game about a month ago and it's just gone live. You can check it out at the links above or at my website.

You can also check out the modDB page for downloadable version.

Description
It's a retro/arcade/puzzle/action mashup where you simply need to survive and get the highest score.

Players take control of the deadpan Mr. Serious in this dangerous and puzzling adventure.

----------------------------------

CONTROLS:

Move with the arrow keys
Shoot with 'Z' or 'X'

ESC to pause

----------------------------------

With the player's help Mr. Serious can shoot left and right. When he shoots a block, that block gets hurt along with all the adjacent blocks of the same color. If Mr. Serious can manage to destroy multiple blocks at once, he will be rewarded with exponentially greater points.

If the player's score is impressive enough their name will be displayed on the super-dimensional leader board system determined by an elite team of mathematicians and science-people.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:29:48 PM by intmain » Logged

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »

hey, this game is really cool!  Smiley
smooth controls, nice graphics, fun gameplay.
any chance for a fullscreen version? that would be great!

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »

Good show!  Hand Clap

Simple, air tight, fun.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »

It took awhile to get into the groove, but it's definitely got a nice sweet spot.  Kudos!  Beer!

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »

Wow, loving this concept I will definitely play this later and edit my post on how awesome it was.
Nice handling and a solid mechanic, making it quite addicting.
An excellent arcade game, I would have fed quarters into this baby if it were a cabinet back in the day.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:42:41 PM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 08:42:13 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement!

hey, this game is really cool!  Smiley
smooth controls, nice graphics, fun gameplay.
any chance for a fullscreen version? that would be great!

I'll have a version on my site next week (it's exclusive to my sponsor's site until then), that version I can make fullscreen for sure!

It took awhile to get into the groove, but it's definitely got a nice sweet spot.  Kudos!  Beer!
Toast Left Grin Toast Right

pixhead
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »

Nice Job, it's a really fun game.
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »

Neat concept. Like Mr Driller in reverse...

I'm not a fan of flash games, unfortunately. Would pay a buck for it in the iOS/Mac App store, though!

lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »

Nice graphics! It runs really smoothly!

J Chastain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 11:52:06 PM »

I kept hittin' the spikes

I like da cape

Tiger Hand Knife Right

Did you ever try a version where the little guy had a larger arena to run around in? My playthroughs were pretty short 'cause I'd get backed into a bad spot or slip off the blocks pretty fast. More screen "real estate" might provide more area for storing areas of like-colored blocks to clear?
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 02:36:58 AM »

Graphics: ++
Gameplay: ++
Addictive: -- (it's too addictive Tongue)

I love it overall, smooth movement and animations, fast peaced and you simply have to beat your previous score! Nice little game that is Smiley

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »

Fun! I like the brief difficulty boosts during the red-background waves.

Scored over 3,000 points in one combo. The score counter was still slowly ticking up thirty seconds later when I died.

I totally don't get the health/death mechanic. Sometimes I get hit and start flashing. Sometimes I die instantly. Doesn't seem to be related at all to the multiplier, cape, or powerup/powerdown in the heat of the moment.

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 04:07:52 AM »

Noyb: If you jump on spikes, you die instantly no matter what powerup you have. If you get trapped between two blocks, your power-up level gets lower. Now I'm not sure if you die in case you get squeezed with no powerups.

Eibx
Level 0

ヽ༼ ಠل͟ರೃ ༽ノ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 04:38:22 AM »

I really like it. But apparently I suck at it.

The game is very satisfying when you destroy a huge block, and the progression keeps you hooked. The music fits the theme of the game, and gets you psyched.

I personally think the bottom row of spikes are a bit too unforgiving - but that's just me whining.
EDIT: Once you get further, the spikes play less important role which I like - Guess I quitted a bit too early Smiley

Great game - thumbs up Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:46:46 AM by Eibx » Logged

"You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out."
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 05:16:14 AM »

I think bottom spikse play important role in the whole game. Sometimes you need to leave boxes on the ground so you have place to dodge falling spikes & boxes. It's all about tactics...Withotu those spikes on the ground, it would be easy to get 10k points and more

I love the design - it's a simple game, easy to learn but hard to master Smiley So far, I managed to get 10k points or something.

compositeredfox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »

not being able to close the summary screen with the keyboard makes me so sad
intmain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »

I'm glad to hear you all enjoying it!

Noyb: If you jump on spikes, you die instantly no matter what powerup you have. If you get trapped between two blocks, your power-up level gets lower. Now I'm not sure if you die in case you get squeezed with no powerups.

You've got it! You die when you get crushed and have no powerup/coins. It's not the first time that this has created confusion though, so expect that to change a little in the future. I'm open to any suggestions!

not being able to close the summary screen with the keyboard makes me so sad
I agree. This is an unfortunate issue with the gamesbutler api, but rest assured the version that'll be on my site in the next week will have an easily skippable summary Smiley

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 09:09:41 AM »

Very fun! Simple, but yet very hard to master.

lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »

Yeah, I would suggest making the spike blocks do the same amount of damage as getting squeezed, or making the spikes have no effect on the player while he's flashing, or both. Sometimes the game lagged on my computer, but that may just have been an issue with my comp.

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »

Game lags for me as well sometimes. It just happens to work slow for half a minute and then everything is fine.  Shrug

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic