Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411707 Posts in 69401 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 10:20:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPost games you want to see on TIGSource!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47
Print
Author Topic: Post games you want to see on TIGSource!  (Read 260894 times)
Fuzz
« Reply #800 on: March 01, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »

Actually, now that I think about it, why not frontpage the whole Lo-Fi RPG Jam?

FAKE EDIT: In Another Brothel is finished? Frontpage is required!
TD Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 04, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »

It is made by me ofcourse, but the game is unique and original -- and also has smooth + nice graphics.

Here is the link: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/71570

I hope you all enjoy, please leave a comment here about it.

Thanks TIG, and I hope you like it aswell. Smiley 

Fuzz
« Reply #802 on: March 04, 2009, 08:33:35 PM »

I think that's more something to post in feedback.

EDIT: Wait, already has a thread in announcements... It looks cool, but it doesn't really seem like something to post in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:36:50 PM by Fuzz » Logged
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

Dave The Ordinary Spaceman
Download Site (30 MB / Win, Mac)
Entry on pouët.net
I have made a 20 sec gameplay clip (4 MB / MP4 file)
to show what this game looks like in action

Oldschool Platformer that mixes 2D retro pixel graphics with 3D Effects.
+ Rewind Remote Control Feature. (As seen in Braid and Prince Of Persia)
When you got destroyed: Be Kind Rewind would Jack Black say.
Enemies can be destroyed if you hop them on the head or with usual laser beams.
For Laser Beams, Rewind, Pausing Enemies and Recording you need your Remote Control...Therefore you need Batteries which have to be collected.
(After you have used the Elevator in the 1st Level go to the left to collect your first batteries!)
Recording Function: You can record what you have played and then press the play button to see a holograph of yourself. For Example you you record yourself jumping straight into the air and then play that holograph when an enemy walks by to stomp on his head.
By the way once you get the Jetpack you can charge it with pressing up, then release the button and tap the UP arrow key for maximum jump height.

I recommend to give this game a try!!

edit: needs a fairly decent graphics card. dont know which is good enough cause i couldnt find any info on that topic in the readme or on the site...)
(thanks to cheater for pointing this out!)

2nd Level

Controls...

Teletext Menu in Full animated 3D!
(Type in the appropriate number to choose an option e.g. 105 to start)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:09:32 PM by AuthenticKaizen » Logged

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 05, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »

Just before anyone tries that, that game needs some cool machine. It was pretty slow on mine*.

*Which is, you know, not that good, but from some comments it seems some people have computers that are "less capable" than mine
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: March 06, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »

AWESOME!
AFTER 1 YEAR THE RGCD RETURNS. TODAY WAS RELEASED THE #5 ISSUE OF THIS PASSIONATE, POLISHED AND WORTHWHILE DISCMAC.
"the essential discmag for retrogamers" describes it pretty good.
the team behind this mag truly know of what they are speaking.
highly recommended!!
go download it.

the lite version is 23 MB (without games. only articles)
the full version is 235 MB (with games. no need to download them seperately)
http://rgcd.co.uk/current-issue/

this issue covers this great games for PC:

8-bit killer
Droid Assault
Harpooned
Noitu Love 2
Qwak
The Hordes
Thurstburst
Rock Boshers
Skull Pogo
SYNSO!
and more...

furthermore games for c64, amiga, atari, the speccy and gba.

this has to be on the frontpage.  Gentleman

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: March 06, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »

This game? Terry's "Don't Look Back"

TIG thread: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=5096.0

Fun flash thingy with a weird ending.

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
suiraclaw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 09, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »

Hi, I would like to suggest some great games.

For the database: all games from spiderwebsoftware. (the dev team of Jeff Vogel)

Giving my reasoning using a passage out of this article:
http://www.mobygames.com/featured_article/feature,31/section,220/
(I don't know mobygames very well, sorry if it's biased)
The indie RPG scene pretty much started with Jeff Vogel. In 1995 he released a first part in the series known as Exile. The sequel followed 10 months later and the final incarnations made their appearance in 1997. The Exile series throws you and your party of adventures into an underground prison and gives you a goal of survival and escape. Well, the first part does it. The later games follow the storyline when you have escaped from the prison and killed the emperor who threw you down there. Next, Jeff Vogel did Nethergate, which takes place in Britannia during the Roman times, and you and your party of Roman soldiers are off to fight various fantasy creatures while protecting your outpost. Or in the case when you play Celt... well you still fight with those fantasy creatures. Then Jeff Vogel decided to remake the Exile series so he could call it Avernum. The first three are direct remakes and the 4th and the 5th (released in Nov 12, 2007) continue the storyline. Aside from that he also created a series called Geneforge, which is a sci-fi meets fantasy kind of a thing. The only trouble with Jeff Vogel is that once you have played one of his games, you have pretty much played all of them. Playing one does not encourage to explore further, as they all look the same.

Okay, why so much about Jeff Vogel? Because he is the only independent RPG creator worthy of mentioning. Because most independent RPGs are either homages to the Final Fantasy series or... sigh... Dungeon Master clones or just Rogue-likes, while Jeff Vogel is combining the old-school party-based RPG with the choices and consequences design of Fallout.

Either way, I enjoyed the games as well and could review some of them.
Geneforce 5 is their newest game and could use a mention here Smiley .

Another indie game company that hasn't found any attention here is ankama games. So I would like to propose adding the games dofus, dofus arena and wakfu. I can review dofus arena and write articles about them, if needed/wanted.

You can never get enough of something you don't really want.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 14, 2009, 04:01:39 AM »

I recommend Bloody Fun Day.

It was already covered on indiegames but I think it is really, really good so it warrants a post here as well, maybe.

Shinji16
Level 0

That stupid Bemani kid...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: March 16, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »

Just a heads up, Astro Trippers is now live on the PSN. According the "preview" article for it on TIGSource, it was promised to be a "bigger, better, and more beautiful" version.
http://tigsource.com/articles/2008/10/18/preview-astro-tripper

Well... it's not. It's exactly the same as the original, except with four new survival modes added that feel really incomplete; almost like they were tacked on at the last minute. Graphics have tons of jaggies, and the new colors are awful. Heck, on the second zone, the ship area, the shots are the same grey color as one of the bonus pick ups.

This game makes me feel like PomPom just wanted some quick money and made Space Trippers again for the next generation of kids out there, and no real effort behind this title.

Smile - life is good!
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #810 on: March 16, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »

Gotta agree. It's nothing compared to the original game. The graphics are now garish and unpleasant. The ambience has been lost. The controls feel slippery and although this is no fault of PomPom's, the game just isn't suited to the PS controller. It's very sad to see such a great game lost like this.

Shinji16
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »

The controls feel slippery and although this is no fault of PomPom's, the game just isn't suited to the PS controller.

Oh God, I forgot to bitch about the controls. They'd be fine on a Sixaxis, just not with turn around and weapon switch being next to fire. If you could remap, or at least have them on the shoulders, they'd be great.

Smile - life is good!
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 18, 2009, 05:38:14 AM »

It's been out for a while now, but Zen Bound is pretty much the best game you can get for the iPhone right now, and I think that it (like many or most iphone games) counts as an indie title.

They took a tech demo which was interesting and relaxing but not very challenging, and they made a game which is really quite mind-bending and totally original. And long!

World of Goo managed to pull this off as well, but it's quite common for indie games to take a great prototype and not quite turn it into a fascinating game. I bought Crayon Physics deluxe, and loved it, but I couldn't help feeling that Petri didn't really plumb the depths of the idea. Zen Bound doesn't have this flaw... it's a very thorough exploration of the original idea, presented perfectly.

The other thing they really nailed with Zen Bound is the iphone controls. Just like in the tech demo, you rotate the shape by touching and dragging it, which works more or less ok. But in addition you can now rotate the shape using two fingers, and you can rotate your rope by tilting the phone. This feels fantastic... it really puts you in the physical space of the game so you feel like you're wrapping a real object in rope.

It's also, finally, easily the best-looking game on the iPhone, and the music is nice too. I can't recommend it enough.
Shinji16
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: March 18, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

It's been out for a while now, but Zen Bound is pretty much the best game you can get for the iPhone right now, and I think that it (like many or most iphone games) counts as an indie title.

I second this motion to feature Zen Bound. Fantastic game; the way it plays, it's the first game that really feels for me like a genuine iPhone game, and not just a game on the iPhone.

Smile - life is good!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: March 20, 2009, 12:49:55 AM »

Wow, gorgeous game. If I had an iPhone, it's a game I would buy.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 20, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

There's still Zen Bondage  Shrug.
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 29, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »

I'd also like to suggest Bit.Trip.Beat, which I just bought on WiiWare for $6. It's totally mesmerising.. kind of Pong crossed with audiosurf and some kind of reversed bullet-hell game. The music is amazing.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 29, 2009, 11:39:51 AM »

I was going to buy this yesterday, and then figured I would wait until I had some time to actually enjoy it (so probably next weekend or the weekend after).

Glad to hear it's as good as the trailers made it look!  Grin
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 29, 2009, 12:42:44 PM »

I have it too. It's really cool, and also tough (I'm on the last mode)
And I also think it's really awesome how you create all the music except the backbeat (it makes a sound when a bullet hits the paddle and when it leaves the screen)
My eyes hurt from it, mainly from the trailing line blocks in Growth.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: April 11, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »

Hey All,
I am new here Smiley I'm an indie game developper from Egypt Smiley
I finished making a game called MindHunter I think it worth to take a look at it Smiley
Its Puzzle/Platform game

Link for it: YoYoGames

ScreenShots:

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic