Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:20:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1322272 times)
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: August 22, 2010, 02:32:39 PM »

Oh, and spider-riding skeletons, apparently...

Dear god.

No, it's Dear Notch. Oh wait, I get what you are saying.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: August 23, 2010, 04:59:57 AM »

edit: also, what this game needs more of:

female avatars.

I made a Yotsuba skin the other day, if that counts.

I really love doing these skins, it's strangely therapeutic. Anyone got any ideas of what I should skin next? I was thinking of an angry Scotsman.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »

Im sick of trying to get this gift card i bought myself work for my playstation
im gonna get this game NOWWW

ALSOziplines?

Curseman
« Reply #703 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »

ALSOziplines?

That would own.
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 23, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

I just want the harness i got in that dungeon to actually make a pig my mount. And also to be able to get it off the pig would be nice as i got bored, killed the pig, and harness gone. I love the idea of riding a pig across the lands in search of new landscapes to explore.
Colonel Mustard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:39 AM »

Minecraft needs potions! To run faster, dig faster, place blocks faster, jump higher, breath longer under water, breathe fire, fly, enhance psychic powers, attract monsters, hypnotize pigs, etc.
MontyMonk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 24, 2010, 02:18:02 PM »

very cool...slightly addictive...my first attempt at a castle resulted in a small city...
is there a separate thread to post screenshots of our work or do you want us to post here?

Curseman
« Reply #707 on: August 24, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

Post 'em.
Nix
« Reply #708 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:03 AM »

I resisted for a while, but I finally broke down and paid the $10.

Totally worth it.

I had a lot of fun my first time playing. I cut out a cave in the top of a lava-spewing mountain and built a bridge over to the next mountain. As people have said, the zombies become more a nuisance than anything a little while in. The core mechanic is so powerful and flexible, I wonder if you could integrate even more gameplay modes? Just simple stuff. Instead of zombies, there could be other survival options, like manage to live alone on an island and stay alive (with hunger) while you wait for rescue, Castaway-esque.

Also, more of actual feature suggestions: fishing. And zip-lines. And hand-cranked elevators. And cannons. And spike-traps of some sort to kill zombies who get too close.

All in all, great game. You managed to find a mechanic powerful enough to get 70,000 people to buy an alpha.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 25, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »

2005 2008  Ninja sales in the last 24 hours. Wow, if this is correct, CONGRATS! That is insane!
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 25, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »

...spike-traps of some sort to kill zombies who get too close.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: August 25, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »

My water traps are way more effective than those will ever be.

Also,

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 25, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »

I think your website is down at the moment, which is too bad.
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: August 27, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »

So, I came here to complain about spawn points and their hazards but not anymore, no sir.  Gentleman

I had played this game for maybe 10 hours on the free version before buying. My biggest issue seems to be exploring too far out, dying at night, and never finding the amazing house I had started. This is actually very emotionally stressful at a certain point, especially with the amazing vistas and caves your system regularly cranks out--it sucks to lose a prime spot. I had almost done just that recently by sailing out from my starting island-turned-exploded-hell-hole to my most progressed and most beautiful game to date. Assuming it was safe in the morning to fix up my tiny lighthouse, I was proud of my steel sword and went after a spider around my door, when he lead me right into a f'n creeper. So I have barely an idea of how to get back from my spawn, but I was really just sailing wildly. After about 20 minutes I was almost ready to give up when I found a small cave I had built on my way. I quickly set torches, and grabbed some paper to sketch out a rough map, then found my old dock to Johnny Cash, "In the sweet by and by, We shall meet on that beautiful shore"

Also, right after I found the biggest mountain craig (complete with multiple mine systems) not to far from camp, the game crashed. Luckily the saves are always good. Sorry for the block of text (maybe there should be a thread for stories?), but I think design-wise, procedurally generated landscapes and physically building up survival camps leads to a perma-death experience which has affectedly me gameplay-wise more than any game in recent memory. Lot's of potential, very excited!

oh and dear notch, maybe dual wielding for certain items? could allow for a shield...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:54:12 PM by unsilentwill » Logged

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: August 27, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »

My house is turning into more of a castle, really. It's got three levels. The first has all the important essentials such as chests and a furnace, as well as decorative elements such as paintings and a bookshelf. The second level is a reed garden. The third level is a cactus garden. Then of course I have a roof, and a mine underneath.
Now, here's the fun part. Today, I felt creative, so I started adding a little flair to the house. What I ended up doing was placing spouts of water at the top of the house that make elegant little waterfalls down to the ground, and, considering the height of the house, they look quite nice. I then realized that it would be neat if I used the water in some way. So, I started adding holes under the waterfalls, which led to a little sewer system of sorts, which eventually emptied out into a little room underground that was once destined to be a lava trap, but eventually failed after I burned my entire wood floor out and killed myself twice in the process of setting it up.
Anyhow, I tested it out, and all 6 of the mini-waterfalls were leading to the room properly. However, something disturbing started to happen. While I was outside checking for monsters after a particularly nasty night, I kept hearing a splashing sound, over and over. This meant to me that somewhere, something had caught itself in my system. I looked around a bit more, and discovered a Creeper was jumping in and out of one of the waterfalls. I killed it, and thought the problem was solved.
But then I heard the splash again.
So, I went down into the room that all the water empties out into. There were certainly no items floating around, nor were there any enemies. I looked over one of the holes that empties into the room, and there was a green toe sticking through it, which then disappeared. I looked back over to the other side and- WAIT A SECOND THAT WAS A GREEN TOE.
Turns out a Creeper had managed to lodge itself in the one-block-tall water opening, and was keeping its head just above water level by jumping. Good thing I kept the openings to only one block in size.

On an entirely unrelated note, I often hear some really horrifying sounds underground. One sounds like a train passing, one sounds like an owl and a train whistle mixed together, and one sounds like a live cat being torn apart. I'm assuming these are just ambient cave sounds that don't mean anything yet?

Oh, also, it's more work than it's worth, and it would probably really annoy some people, but I would find it absolutely hilarious if your furnace were to explode if you put gunpowder in as fuel.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »

Jackpot!

Check out where I spawned the other week. I've made a few modifications since which you've probably noticed but I couldn't have asked for a better place to start.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 28, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »

Guys, it's barely been 24 hours since my last play and just reading your posts make me miss the game as if I hadn't played in years.
Important
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 29, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »

This thread inspired me to buy it - and it's great! My absolute number 1 request would be a gamma slider, at night, on my LCD screen, the world goes black  Cry

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: August 30, 2010, 05:23:53 AM »

I wish that permadeath would be implemented. It would be something you could turn on and off, of course, but as of right now, whenever I start a new home I feel no real incentive to build traps to keep me safe, to not jump from ridiculously high distances, or to make lava waterfalls oozing down my base. I can counter-act this a little by wandering far away from the spawn point so it's harder to find my base, but it's just not the same.

Nix
« Reply #719 on: August 30, 2010, 05:42:25 AM »

This thread inspired me to buy it - and it's great! My absolute number 1 request would be a gamma slider, at night, on my LCD screen, the world goes black  Cry

Make a torch.  Gentleman
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic