Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411565 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 03:55:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: CRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters  (Read 210846 times)
shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2013, 06:21:56 AM »

this looks fucking great!
you've got some incredible pixelart and animation there.

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »

thanks Thecoolestnerdguy, now i'll never be able to stop seeing that guy's walk as some stomping techno viking dance march!

You're welcome!  Wink

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
premonster
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »

I'm working on some art for the store

Totally awesome.
dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »

Move!! Move him! Move the bartender !!  Cheesy

Yay! Take the time you need, but keep this high quality standards for your game, you are doing a great job. I really want to play your game Smiley
Spennerino
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »

Will be following this really closely for the animation. Thank you so much for the tutorial.

That trailer is a real beaut!

Twitter: @Spennerino TIG: Mimix

davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »

this looks absolutely amazing

so cool, keep up the good work Smiley

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:44 PM »

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while- I've been super busy getting our first playable build up to a point where people outside the dev team could play it and understand what's going on!

We're really close now, we'll be starting on Greenlight with a hope to do early access as soon as possible Smiley

Here is some random junk:

posted this on the blog a while ago- just a shaman dude using his attack and short-range teleport

minotaur attack and charge attack

the witch can turn you into a frog for a bit Smiley

anyway, I'm starting to take footage for a proper trailer now, so i should have lots of stuff to make gifs out of over the next few weeks, then we'll launch the Greenlight and trailer (possibly multiple trailers?) and probably some longer chunks of gameplay footage!

now the basic foundation gameplay elements are all in, I'm just desperately hoping we get enough interest to justify adding all the awesome fun stuff I want to do, like fatalities and crazy different weapons and huge monsters and minibosses and game modes and blah blah blah a million stupid things!!!

dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2014, 03:27:29 PM »

It's been a looong time without updates .. but these gifs are worth the wait. Post the greenlight link as soon as you have it:  Hand Money Right 
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »

cheers dhontecillas Smiley  I'm having a hard time resisting doing more gifs even though i should really be working!

some beholder action:

the beholder bite makes you "insane" which messes with your movement when you run around

you can also pluck out his eye on a kill and run around shooting guys with it for a bit Smiley

sorry if it's too much gif to load on the page now!

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »

It's crazy how spot on your animations are. Have any background in that area?

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »

Oh hey guy, I met you at an IGDAM meetup a few months back, where I got to play this game. It's looking great, and I agree the animation's are awesome. That eye cannon is just sweet. Smiley

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »

This is a really interesting concept. Love the aesthetics Hand Thumbs Up Right
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2014, 07:38:11 PM »

hey eigenbom! it's so cool to discover so many internet devs i'm following online are actually from melbourne! it's super hard to associate some real world guy with the avatar images i've come to know people as- maybe a moonman mask would make you more recognizable outside of the internet Smiley also moonman looks awesome, I would love to see it in action at an IGDAM thingy some time!

hey Reilly, it's been a big surprise to get so much positive feedback on the pixel animation!  

I've been working as a 3D animator in the games industry for a while and using 3d animation software since i was pretty young, but have basically no experience with 2D animation before this and haven't done pixel art since I was a little kid, so the development of the art and animation stuff for crawl has all been pretty new and exciting!

I'm quite slow with drawing in general, so the super-low resolution basically developed out of wanting to spend my time focused on the animation and movement, and not redrawing a hand a million times because i can't get the fingers to look right on that angle or whatever- definitely being able to redraw his legs or arms in a new pose in a matter of seconds (because they're just 1 pixel lines) means i never get lazy and think "i can't be bothered trying this new idea for a pose" or whatever, because its so quick

thanks DarkWanderer Smiley hoping to have proper up-to-date trailer/s very soon and then onto steam and early access!

HughSJ
Level 1

'allo there

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »

You guys looking into selling on the Humble Store? We're looking into that as well and they're a pretty easy-going group. Not a huge a circulation as steam obviously but good for getting the ball rolling, and I think they can also handle having customers get codes to authenticate on steam after you've greenlit. Not 100% sure on that last one tho.

How long into dev are you guys // how big is the team? If you don't mind my asking that is.

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »

hey HughSJ- yeah we're definitely looking into the Humble Store, basically as the next priority after getting our Greenlight launched we'll be looking into Humble and maybe GOG- good to hear you're finding them good to work with Smiley

There's two of us on the team- I do all the art and animation and Dave does all the code.  I like designing twitch combat mechanics and game feel stuff, where Dave comes from an adventure game background so he's into story and world-building stuff- interesting characters and settings etc.

We've been working on CRAWL for just under a year, though the first 4 months or so a lot of time was prototyping other concepts and setting up our studio and stuff- i think it's been about 8 months mostly full-time

We've got the game now to a point where we have the "minimum content to realize the idea", so we have a playable build that gives the basic experience to test the waters with, and if we get a positive response from the Greenlight/early access beta build, then we have a whole load of systems just waiting for me to plug in a whole crapload of crazy new content and make the most of them- items, weapons, monsters, bosses etc we've currently got the absolute minimum but i can't wait to add more Smiley

RLofC
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2014, 10:36:34 PM »

CRAWL looks awesome. This is definitely a game I look forward to. As everyone already said, the animations are super cool.

_rephil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »

Just discovered this dev blog and I'm in awe. The animations/pixel art are astounding, the gameplay looks SUPER fun, the menus are gorgeous and lively - really, really excited about this project. Looking forward to seeing even more!

Keep up the awesome work!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »

The animations are brilliant. The comic ones like the frog are a good touch too! Smiley
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2014, 09:28:34 PM »

Hi, I like your gifs.

Conker534
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »

Your game feels very powerful. You're doing a great job with the animations and effects.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic