Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:32:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnything Beats Everything
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Anything Beats Everything  (Read 33893 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

Best tutorial ever.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »

Best tutorial ever.

Indeed.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2009, 06:40:33 PM »

Quite.  Gentleman
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »

My Word!
Thanks!

I made 4 tutorial levels, but I don't want to spoil the surprise by showing them all here right now.

I changed my objectives for the next build. I want to create a clean, good-looking version I can send to possible contributors, plus level templates and clear instructions on how to create levels or assets for Anything Beats Everything. When that is ready, I'll probably make a video and try to get some coverage to get artists and designers in the game as soon as I can. I just can't wait to have everyone's contribution and see the game evolve!

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »

Profound

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »

My Word!
Thanks!

I made 4 tutorial levels, but I don't want to spoil the surprise by showing them all here right now.

I changed my objectives for the next build. I want to create a clean, good-looking version I can send to possible contributors, plus level templates and clear instructions on how to create levels or assets for Anything Beats Everything. When that is ready, I'll probably make a video and try to get some coverage to get artists and designers in the game as soon as I can. I just can't wait to have everyone's contribution and see the game evolve!

Sooo, how do I get to be a contributer? ^^
Mainly in testing or ideas (I'm not that artsy xD)

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2009, 12:42:46 PM »

Well I sure could use assets from LaCoGeSSta! The species would be cool, and maybe the pick-up lines code in the back would work too! If you have improved animations for the sequel, I could plug em in, but the ones from LaCoGeSSta would probably fit in too, if you want!  Wink

I'm planning on having a "Collection" page where the players unlocks a bunch of stuff, including Contributor Profiles, which would unlock when the player sees Contributor level for the first time. In that profile, I'd put your name, game references and a link to a website. Collecting all Profiles will be one of the goals of the game, linked to achievements and rewards.

What do you think?

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2009, 01:04:41 PM »

That's Fucking Sweet! =D
It'll be like a Giant-Awesome-Indie-People-Collab-Super Game!

0_o You Know about LaCoGeSSta? Awesome! I'd be honoured to have it in your game! ^^

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »

That's Fucking Sweet! =D
It'll be like a Giant-Awesome-Indie-People-Collab-Super Game!

That's EXACTLY what I'm aiming for. I also have the same idea for the music of the game too.....

0_o You Know about LaCoGeSSta? Awesome! I'd be honoured to have it in your game! ^^

Yes I do! I read your sequel announcement this week and played the first one right away. It's really interesting, I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2!

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »

It's Coming along good buddy!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2009, 10:08:06 PM »

Hey there campers!
Just a quick level for you guys:

Next update I will have the official CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS!
Will you help me get the word out?

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »

Hey there campers!
Just a quick level for you guys:

Next update I will have the official CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS!
Will you help me get the word out?

OMG! Found it! =^,^=

Mogget
Level 1

Manbabysitter

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2009, 02:11:57 PM »

This is really looking great! It's also looking really HARD, so what I suggest is putting some kind of "relax" mode in, where there's no limits at all, and also no counting. Just finding stuff.

Hurray for shameless promotion!
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »

This is really looking great! It's also looking really HARD, so what I suggest is putting some kind of "relax" mode in, where there's no limits at all, and also no counting. Just finding stuff.

I'm planning on having a Normal mode where difficulty ramps up quickly, but you receive way more Reward Coins for each success, with a bunch of achievements based on your high score and overall speed at which you progress in the Normal mode.

There's the Hardcore mode, which starts with a very low timer and throws really hard levels right from the beginning. You get lots of reward coins every time you reach a level you have never reached in that mode.

The Lazy mode, like you said, will have no timer and won't skip a level if you click on the wrong object. You will get little Reward Coins, but you will have a chance to see and play through all levels at your own pace. It should feel like looking in a Where's Waldo book, relaxed, with very little frustration. The music will probably be different.

At least that's what I'm planning on doing  Wink

Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »

I can't believe I am so excited for this... normally games like this don't interest me in the slightest but somehow your approach just has me hungry for more! Can't wait to see this come to be a reality.
FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »

Its like wheres Wally ....in a room full of Wallys!........... WALLYS!

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »

The music will probably be different.

That's very good! Now that you say it, music seems very important indeed.

Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »

Music can imply an emotion that the player can grasp onto. Ever notice how a game just seems empty without music? Adding relaxing music can greatly change the experience of the game mode without actually changing too much of the gameplay itself... good idea Tongue
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »

I can't believe I am so excited for this... normally games like this don't interest me in the slightest but somehow your approach just has me hungry for more! Can't wait to see this come to be a reality.

Thanks! I'm really trying to reach a wide range of people with this, from the casual hidden object players to the hardcore indie gamer. Let's hope I can please most of them   Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »

I can't wait to get back on this!

Quick Update: Current Work in Progress Title screen.

Oops there's a link line in the screenshot :S

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic