Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 10:47:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHammertennis: Tennis, But With Giant Hammers Instead Of Rackets
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hammertennis: Tennis, But With Giant Hammers Instead Of Rackets  (Read 1502 times)
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:21:07 PM »

Hey guys!

Recently I made my first sports/physics game and I'd like to know what you think about it!
(Is it fun? Is it hard to pick up? Any ideas what I should've made differently?)

Here we go:

Take Hammerfight. Add Pong. Mix and stir. Sprinkle with a little realism and Tron.

Recipe serves 2.

Hammertennis

You are playing Tennis. Well, you're trying to play Tennis.
You've lost your tennis rackets, so you take hammers instead.
Also you've forgotten most of the rules.

Hammertennis: A fast-paced ball game for 2 players.
Supports Keyboard - or Gamepads! (You only need one stick. Choose any.)

Download the Windows executable!

You get 2 points for scoring a goal, and 1 point if the opponent hits his own goal.
Normally only the hammers can hit the ball - but if the ball is red, the blue player can hit it once, and vice versa.

Credits:
Programming: Me
Art: Michael Kessler
Music: Kevin MacLeod
Sound: Moritz Ufer
Antigrav Font: Nate Piekos
Coda Font: Vernon Adams
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:28:40 PM by TobiasW » Logged

Justsometoast
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »

Cant try it out atm, but please tell me that the name isn't a WIP.

failrate
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »

That looks absolutely hilarious.  4P Mode, also please >Smiley
TobiasW
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »

@Justsometoast:
Well, the ONLY viable alternative would've been "Hammerpong", but that didn't strike me as silly enough. Glad you like the name! I'm looking forward to your opinion.

@failrate:
Thanks! I'm actually thinking about that, although maybe later for the Ouya Smiley

(I don't think I have enough of an audience right now, so there probably wouldn't be many people playing the 4 player mode.)

Justsometoast
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »

Well, I meant the subtitle. The thought of such a long and precise title was funny to me.

Also, tried out the game. Fun stuff! I did get the players and the hammers confused in futuristic mode though. Could have been because i was trying to play both at once, lol!

Great choice of music by the way. Usually Kevin MacLeod is a turnoff for me but this music fits the game perfectly.

TobiasW
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:38:26 AM »

I forgot to answer; sorry!

Thanks! Yeah, playing both hammers at once is bound to be confusing, but you're not the first one remarking on that. I hoped that making the players not rotate in futuristic mode would help that, but it seems it's not enough. Maybe I have to make them different after all.

I'm delighted about you being happy with the music! Especially because I quite like the music you produce - praise coming from somebody who obviously knows what he's doing is always great Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic