Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 03:39:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallInfinite Ammo Podcast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Infinite Ammo Podcast  (Read 14158 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »

Can't tell you how much I look forwards to these things.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »

I really liked this one. It was really long, but it kept my interest the whole time. It almost felt like I was hiding in a closet somewhere listening in on your conversation. Good work with the podcasts so far!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

thomasmahler
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »

I love.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

I thought I'd post here to show you my support. I hope you continue these for a while, as I look forward to each one with giddiness.

I haven't listened to the podcast with Derek Yu yet, but I'm going to listen to it later today.

Thanks!

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »

So far (1.5 hours in), it has been fantastiche.

I don't know how much support you guys get during the comment nonsense on the front page, but I think you should just get back to posting whatever you think is cool, unashamedly. If someone gives you crap, say it's just what you like.

Also, make more indee eleet jokes. They help make these silly people look silly to those who aren't yet sure if they're silly.

Make it clear that it's just what you like and leave it at that and it will be excellent.

Keep up the good work!

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2010, 06:47:56 PM »

Hey I'm listening to this Derek Yu one and the first half was really good, about how he got Tigsource, and writing articles n shit like that;

I stopped listening about halfway through though cos the conversation got really slow. Like it hit a speed-bump at the point where he was explaining what MossMouth was, and then things-... got... stuck- like-... this? For a while?

So I dunno, maybe take a break halfway through. That's what podcasts n interviews n radio shows usually do.
qmvo73hoy
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2010, 06:56:23 PM »

It's fine, if people don't want to listen to the whole thing they can stop.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:52 AM »

I could go through and edit out all the pauses and stuff, (I kinda did on the Chevy one) but life is too short for that. Gentleman

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2010, 07:08:15 AM »

The fortunate thing about a 10-second pause in a podcast is that it's over in 10 seconds.

I used to freelance for a while cleaning up podcasts, and to do it right took me about 1 hour per every 20 minutes of the podcast. I was getting paid, so it was a good excuse to hone my audio skills, but if it were my own podcast I sure wouldn't spend 5 hours on a 1 1/2 hour episode. The improvement does not warrant the effort.

And I doubt the IA podcast would benefit from sounding more "professional." I like that it sounds like what it is: two guys having a long conversation.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »

I'd rather get better at trying to keep the conversation rolling in real time, than try to get better at "fixing" it later. That way it's way more time efficient for me, and hopefully makes for a better podcast.

That said, I ask people some pretty big questions sometimes, and it takes them a while to think about the right response. I could ask some of these questions in advance, (like a pre-interview over email) but I think we'd lose some of the honest, funny reactions if the developers already had the full answer in mind.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »

Again: just do what feels good. Stream of consciousness is just fine, I think. It seems more like an actual conversation and discussion, and meandering from topic to topic is a part of that.

Doing what we think is cool is what indie games is about! So, Alec, keep up the classy podcasts, and Derek, keep up the frontpagin'.

And if that's circlejerking, then hand over the lube  Cool

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »

Loved it. Thanks.

I still find it really interesting, even if I haven't played Aquaria and Spelunky.
ortoslon
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2010, 02:21:31 AM »

re:frontpage

i wrote two guest posts, it was kinda fun (mostly due to its novelty i guess, also i'm troll-resistant). part of why i haven't wrote more is because posting about a game that was covered on http://indiegames.com/blog doesn't feel worth it (except for maybe commercial games where more reviews is better). i told paul eres that we could restrict our weekly/irregular reports to games not mentioned there (that would be about 20% of the current volume), he agreed that this is a good idea
Ant
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2010, 04:11:08 AM »

Just listened to the Derek and Matt casts, really interesting and awesome stuff right there. Hand Thumbs Up LeftGrin

I'm going to catch previous episodes later on and looking forward to future casts.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2010, 06:23:41 AM »

New podcast: John Graham from Wolfire/HumbleBundle!

http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/podcast-8-john-graham/

Beer! Beer!

+ weird sound issues that make me sound like I'm on a megaphone.  Tired

speeder
BANNED
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2010, 06:50:32 AM »

I would volunteer, but... That would be strange, I don't even finished my game, and all those people made so cool games Tongue

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »

*bump*

New episode went up yesterday with Andy Moore.

http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/podcast-9-andy-moore/

It's a hefty one! I'm still working through it.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 10:08:33 AM »

Cool! With the drought of TIGRadio podcasts this sure hits the spot.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 11:25:22 AM »

Oh this should be a good one. Steambirds is a really well known game to anyone to makes Flash games- I don't think it's because it's teffidically amazing, but it seems to be a really successful project.
Anything about stat records or multiple sponsorship deals or just the business side of games is the kinda thing I've got no clue about, so I like hearing from people who do.

EDIT- He should capitalise n make a clone called "Angry Steam Birds".
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:56:56 PM by I_smell » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »

Hmm. I wasn't aware that TIGS was so widely reviled. I don't personally think it's the cesspool you're making it out to be, though. There's a lot of friendly folks on here-- more than any other internet forum I've been a part of.

Nonetheless, the podcast was interesting listen, especially the bit about not letting players buy out the game content store in one day.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:10:02 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic