Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 02:39:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMy first book, "Game Development Hero: Create Games, Get Job Offers..." is out!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first book, "Game Development Hero: Create Games, Get Job Offers..." is out!  (Read 1865 times)
Brice
Level 0

Games are everywhere.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »

Hello everyone!  I just wanted to let you all know that my book, Game Development Hero: Create Games, Get Job Offers, and Find Your Way in the Games Industry is finally out and available in Print and Digital format!

I wanted to thank everyone here on the TIGSource Forums who helped with the making of the book.  I took (with permission of course) a couple of great quotes from people around the community (Tuba, Alistair, and others), and everyone was very supportive when I posted questions as to what people thought would be helpful to other developers.  The suggestions led to some great research and great resources for those interested in making games and getting jobs.

Overall I couldn't be prouder with how it's turned out.  I was able to get some great advice and interviews (all captured in the book) from some high profile indie developers, including people from Narbacular Drop(Portal predecessor), thatgamecompany(flOw/Flower), and an IGF Finalist.

So, thanks so much again to everyone for your support, I hope everyone enjoys it, and best of luck in your careers!  If you do purchase the book, I would love to hear your feedback.  Gentleman

Brice
Level 0

Games are everywhere.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »

(Meta forum update: To any moderators, I tried to move this post from the General Forum to the Announcements forum, but found out that I can't delete my own posts.  Sorry for the confusion; having it in two forums wasn't my intention.)

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »

Congrats! I might just check it out! Beer!

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »

I'd love to read it in paper but $29 is quite a lot for me, especially when I add the shipping cost to Europe. Is there a chance for a price drop later on?

Brice
Level 0

Games are everywhere.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »

Is the Digital Edition a no-go for you? I tried to develop it with international readers in mind - much cheaper and instant delivery, and you get a great bonus.

As for a price drop, sales are going well right now, and Amazon gets grumpy with hasty price changes, so no, there's no plans for a price drop any time soon.

Best of luck and thanks for asking though!

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »

I'm not very fond of reading from a computer screen, and paying for a digital book feels kinda weird to me. Maybe I'll buy the paperback anyway some time Smiley

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »

I'm not very fond of reading from a computer screen, and paying for a digital book feels kinda weird to me. Maybe I'll buy the paperback anyway some time Smiley

Get an ebook reader! Grin

Laserbrain Studios
Kekskiller
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »

Get an ebook reader! Grin

Get an old laptop, cut the screen. Much cheaper.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »

That would still be reading it on a computer, though. The eInk technology of ebook readers should make it a lot more like reading from a book.

Laserbrain Studios
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »

Pleaaaaaase, work on this website. It looks just like the usual "Subscribe and get rich in 7 days" scam. If I hadn't found this thread, I certainly wouldn't have entrusted my mail to your form...

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »

Glad to hear the quotes were useful to you! Good luck seeling the book, and I hope it does well! Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic