Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:38:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for programmer: Shaft remake
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for programmer: Shaft remake  (Read 1164 times)
Hapiel
Level 0

Pixel artist - OPP project

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2013, 03:33:52 AM »

Hi guys,

My name is Daniel, and I am a pixel artist. Check out my portfolio here Smiley

For a long time I have been wanting to remake a game that I really enjoyed as a kid, but I have never seen a proper version of it.
This game is commonly known as shaft..
The version that I played can be downloaded here I will keep it online for a month or so. I had contact with the author of the game, he based it on this version

Now I am a crappy programmer and get bored from it quickly. However I have many ideas and can create pixel art. Here is a mockup that I created for this:

Game description Hand Point Left Undecided
So yeah, you are falling down, running of platforms that are rising up. If you reach the top of the screen you loose health, if you reach the bottom of the screen you die and its game over.
There are different kind of blocks that move up, stepping on blocks gives you points and regenerates health.

Who am I looking for Blink
An enthusiast programmer who likes to make tiny games. Experience or no experience, its all fine for me as long as we end together with a bug free program that can at least run on my windows7 Wink.
Preferably I would create a flash game which we can try and get sponsored for fun, if you have ambitions to create android/iOS/whatever that would be cool!

What do I want from this Gentleman
I have free time at the moment, and I would like a game in my portfolio. I will be making animations, sprites, background, menu and everything else that is necessary to make this game look nice. If you are willing to put time in this as well we could discuss power ups, achievements, items, monsters, I think this game has a lot to discover!
Perhaps not the most original, but it would be fun to play and that is important.
If you are able to make this into a sell able product one way or another (flashgamelicense, advertisement or appstore) I suggest we split any income 50/50.
Somewhere I have some game design ideas from a year ago, if you are up for making this something more interesting I will dig them up and we can make all decisions together.

So yeah, I am open for anything. A quick portfolio piece to show off my sprites to share with the TIGsource to a full featured game, it depends on you! I have time for both.

Is there anyone here who has interest in making this with me?

Reply here or email me: [email protected]

Check out the Open Pixel Project, public domain quality tiles and sprites collaboration :D

Also, my game: DropBoy
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:24:46 AM »

I would love to work with you but I have my own projects ...
Too bad  Shrug

Oh well , Good luck !
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:17:24 PM by Whiteclaws » Logged
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 04:29:35 AM »

That little dude is adorable! Smiley

(← new art twitter)
gambaon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:56:42 AM »

Hello,

I have sent you a PM Smiley.
Hapiel
Level 0

Pixel artist - OPP project

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »

I am overwhelmed by the attention that this has got! 5 people have replied that they are up for making a game with me :D.

Thank you all!

Now I will be acting very mysteriously, but I can say that I have teamed up with a cool guy who has done some great work already on it. I have been creating more sprites and yeah, you will hear from us when it is finished Smiley.
I will definitely post here in the future again, I would love to make more games :D

Topic closed Wink

Daniel

Check out the Open Pixel Project, public domain quality tiles and sprites collaboration :D

Also, my game: DropBoy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic