Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:46:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1965917 times)
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1840 on: February 02, 2009, 05:59:48 PM »

I am the programmer at NimbleBit. I spend most my time working on Zero Gear lately.

I make games and on my free time I make games, read, watch movies/tv shows and other stuff too probably.

Awesome!   I was waiting til' the other person from Nimblebit joined the forums.  Grin

ChrisZito
Level 0

Biff! Bam! Pow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1841 on: February 02, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »

See that schmuck? Thats me. The names Chris Zito.

I'm currently a Senior at the School of Visual Arts in New York about to wrap up my final year as a Cartooning Major. I pretty much grew on games much like the majority of you I gather. From the humble days of playing Tetris on my brick Gameboy when I was but only 4 to this day I've always had a crack at seeing the new creation that the game industry gives us. Though I always felt I could create a world for others to enjoy, just like how so many characters, stories and universes I've discovered as a gamer, hell they are some of the main reasons I wanted to become a cartoonist. The games that made big influences on me thought the years where roleplaying games, platformers, fighters, and rhythm games. My weird taste in content, characters and stories has brought me to games such as Mischief Makers, Guilty Gears, Shin Megami Tensi, Rez, Gitaroo Man, Final Fantasy (Big Shocker) and De Blob, among others.

Sadly I lack the technical know how when it comes to actually creating a game, I'm merely a pencil for hire when it comes to character and concept designs. Tongue But that won't stop me from giving a crack at lending a hand in the creation of awesome games. =D
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1842 on: February 02, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »

Hi! People said I should join here so I joined.

I'm making a game, it's a platformer. I like games from the SNES and NES and other systems, too. I have a super mushroom shaped tin that used to have mints in it. I'm usually not very long winded. Huh.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 02, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »

So THAT is where the portrait in TIGer Paint came from!
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 18Pixel 18Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 18Pixel 18Pixel 18Pixel 18Pixel 1DPixel 06Pixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 0FPixel 38Pixel 06Pixel 38Pixel 06Pixel 1DPixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 30Pixel 38Pixel 38Pixel 38Pixel 38Pixel 30Pixel 1DPixel 1D
Pixel 11Pixel 1DPixel 30Pixel 11Pixel 30Pixel 30Pixel 1DPixel 11Pixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 11Pixel 11Pixel 11Pixel 11Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 11Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 11Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1D
Pixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1DPixel 1D

Welcome to the magnificent land of TIGSource!
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1844 on: February 02, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

Woah, he's here too already?

Thanks for the welcome!

Blob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: February 02, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »

Hi there, my name's Blob, I write it with a tilde after every post so it won't be hard to remember. Lurking gets lonely, so very lonely, so I felt I needed to actually join this place. I hail from another forum, it's unlikely that you know me from there, but I hope I can get to know you all.

And what would an introduction be without a proper smiley?  Gentleman

~ Blob
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1846 on: February 02, 2009, 10:54:37 PM »

Oh man I didn't even lurk but I know how that feels. Welcome from a newer guy than you, Blob!

chikoto
TIGBaby

Do you recognize me?

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 03, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »

Hi all! Name's Nick. I've been interested in programming and making games since I first got my hands on a 286 PC and a BASIC interpreter. I did quite a lot of stuff when I was in school -- tetris clone (and various dropping block puzzles), generic RPG with terrible story, mario clone... None of it was ever released or anything. But I always found it very entertaining just to try to do stuff Smiley. The last project I was involved in was BloodStalker for a 72 hour game coding competition on the old pixelation forum - and that was over 5 7 years ago now. I'm hoping to get involved in something again, and this seems to be the place to be to get some motivation and inspiration. Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:12:20 PM by chikoto » Logged
godsavant
« Reply #1848 on: February 03, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »

...I hail from another forum, it's unlikely that you know me from there...

Stencyl?
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1849 on: February 03, 2009, 05:17:22 PM »

Hello everyone, welcome aboard!

FYNDR- your story is very familiar to me, but you sound much more determined than I ever was. I really only made a couple of HyperCard games and a bunch of FPS levels in high school.  Grin
ZOMGBananas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1850 on: February 05, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »

Howdy all. I'm the generally universal rection when someone unexpectedly comes across this delicious yellow and bendy fruit.

Been lurking here for a little while now, mostly thanks to the discovery of Spelunky. I'm 25, and have wanted to create games since I was about 8 when I got my first console and taste of all things video games.

I don't really have much of a talent for art, music, programming or the like, so I'm pretty much starting from scratch. I also tend to have a certain lack of motivation, though in the few weeks I've been spending here, I've picked up and am almost ready to take those first few daunting baby steps. The community here has been amazingly helpful in giving me that little push, as seeing other people's work and what they're doing is a great motivator in itself.

So that's me. Not much, but there it is.

I try to write about games - http://zomgindie.com
triverse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 05, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »

Hi, I am 32 years old and I like collecting gaming magazines and scanning them for preservation on a site called Retromags (www.retromags.com).  I currently have about 160+ magazines total and have about 2/3 of the Gamefan run.  I collect video games also and some comic books (have the first 13 or so appearances of Rogue, even the dreaded ROM issues along with the first 8 or so Gambit appearances).
I work on computers for a living and play around making things with sheetmetal (square to rounds, ductwork, picture frames, some forms of art-cutting out a design mainly).
mrspastic
Level 0

Spaz out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1852 on: February 07, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »

Hello My name is Mr. Spastic
I make 100% original video game inspired electronic music using original "vintage" consoles which include
NES, Gameboy, Atari 1040st, Commodore 64, TRS-80, Etc.  Hand Thumbs Up Right Grin Hand Thumbs Up Left

I have always been interested in music and electronic music and being a musician,  Hand Metal Left Mock Anger Hand Metal Right
i have always wanted to delve into the world of music composition for video games specifically due to its major influence in my youth.  Well, hello there!

That is why i am here lurking around. Blink Blink
If you would like hear my music or read more about the people i am associated with please check my website.
i will also make another more detailed post in the "art and design section" Gentleman
thanks!   Hand Shake LeftSmileyHand Shake Right
http://mrspastic.googlepages.com

mrspastic (at) gmail
valkrin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 07, 2009, 02:59:26 PM »

Hello,

I'm friendless, hopeless, helpless, brainless, unemployed and from Greenland; however I have a burning desire to make games. Actually I'm not unemployed, I'm a software developer, been working in the finance industry for 5 years now (C++/Java). The reason I got into computer science was because I wanted to make games... But I ended up with a job doing something else and can't really leave to pursue a professional career in games cause I'd probably get a massive pay cut since I have no prior game development experience.

So here I am, after 5 years of working in an industry I'm not really that interested in, looking for a way to fulfill my childhood dream of making games. I'd love to make a game, but I suck at art and music. None of my friends are good at art or music. My wife is pretty good with art but only paintings and stuff, not pixel art or 3d graphics (She hates it if I ask her to make any art for my game). So I've come seeking like minded individuals, to share ideas and learn new things and perhaps make friends.

Nice to meet you all.
Pablo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 07, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »

Hello,

I'm friendless, hopeless, helpless, brainless, unemployed and from Greenland; however I have a burning desire to make games. Actually I'm not unemployed, I'm a software developer, been working in the finance industry for 5 years now (C++/Java). The reason I got into computer science was because I wanted to make games... But I ended up with a job doing something else and can't really leave to pursue a professional career in games cause I'd probably get a massive pay cut since I have no prior game development experience.

So here I am, after 5 years of working in an industry I'm not really that interested in, looking for a way to fulfill my childhood dream of making games. I'd love to make a game, but I suck at art and music. None of my friends are good at art or music. My wife is pretty good with art but only paintings and stuff, not pixel art or 3d graphics (She hates it if I ask her to make any art for my game). So I've come seeking like minded individuals, to share ideas and learn new things and perhaps make friends.

Nice to meet you all.
That first sentence is pretty sad dude.  Cry  Good luck with your gaming. Hand Thumbs Up Left
valkrin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 07, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »

Hello,

Nice to meet you all.
That first sentence is pretty sad dude.  Cry  Good luck with your gaming. Hand Thumbs Up Left

It is from the Princess Bride, you should watch it, fun movie. Here is the context of the quote:

Fezzik: You never said anything about killing anyone.
Vizzini: I've hired you to help me start a war. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.
Fezzik: I just don't think it's right, killing an innocent girl.
Vizzini: Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass.
Inigo Montoya: I agree with Fezzik.
Vizzini: Oh, the sot has spoken. What happens to her is not truly your concern. I will kill her. And remember this, never forget this: when I found you, you were so slobbering drunk, you couldn't buy Brandy!
[turning to Fezzik]
Vizzini: And you: friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? Unemployed in Greenland!
Pablo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 08, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Shrug Sorry. Beg
Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 09, 2009, 02:51:30 AM »

G'day!  Smiley

I have been lurking for quite awhile, perhaps too long, so I have decided to finally join.. though I may have joined previously and forgotten my details. Anyway I really enjoy reading through the forums, and now it is time to also contribute.
Kenta
Level 0

what the

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 09, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »

Hey there

Been lurking for quite a while, checking out those wonderful games made here. I hope to finish a game someday, as I'm one of those guys who starts working, gets lazy, and then bam.
I'm a spriter wannabe, a pretend-to-be coder and I can't make music. Wonderful :D

Well, I hope to make some friends here.
zeid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1859 on: February 09, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »

Hey nice to meet everyone i'm Sam Zeid.  I live in Western Australia and have been lurking around this place for a while; like a lot of people by the looks of it.  I want to end up as a game designer professionally, as in leasing my own projects.  I am doing a computer science course at uni to try and realise this dream.  I'm very artsy fartsy but not in the kissing of the bois way, more in the titanic get the girl to strip so i can 'draw' her way. Wink (jokes aside I really am a pig Tongue)

Made in Zbrush, touched up in photoshop.  It's one of my earlier attempts at making something in Zbrush.  The nose is too high up and the lips are a big problem but I am not going to revisit it anytime soon.

and of course the much beloved pixel art:

This was actually a screenshot from a tetris game my friend programmed and I did the art for, lost touch with him and lost the actual game.

A mobile phone game I did the graphics for. I did these graphics in multiple dimensions for different phone screens and made both chess and checker pieces.  If anyone knows the name of this game please tell me because I really should put it on my resume.

A boss character from my game Copper Head.

A card game project I had to postpone/cancel because the scope was a bit to big.  I might simplify it some more and re-attempt it some day.

As you can probably tell I have done a lot of pixel art.  I recently got a tablet and it is quickly killing my motivation to do pixel art work as its so much fun to work on other CG stuff with.  Not to mention I am getting side tracked with the programming side of things.

I program in Java, C++ and learnt C# just recently as well for XNA games.  But have yet to make a game with any of these languages *FAIL* (though I have started some).  I have made games with game maker though for the most no one has seen them but me, some close friends and family.

As you can tell by now I am pretty awesome and this post is sexi.  I am finding this forum fairly interesting and fun, entertain me and I will share my awesomeness with you Big Laff.  Although given some of the impressive games of your populous I have played I doubt entertaining me will be a problem.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic