Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411651 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:02:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1965667 times)
phobic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: February 17, 2009, 01:21:34 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have some programming experience since I had my first computer (Oric Atmos compatible) back in the 80's. Now I'm programming mostly in Delphi.

Regards,
Angel Velichkov

increpare
« Reply #1881 on: February 17, 2009, 01:27:36 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have some programming experience since I had my first computer (Oric Atmos compatible) back in the 80's. Now I'm programming mostly in Delphi.

Regards,
Angel Velichkov
heheh; I grew up with delphi; you ever make any games with it?  I did, once, though I've since lost all of 'em.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:44:34 PM by stephen lavelle » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: February 17, 2009, 01:38:07 PM »

Oric Atmos
HIGH FIVE BRO

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Huzzah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 17, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »

well hey guys, i'm huzzah, or known as kaz. i've been joined the forums for a while, and I forgot about this account.

i am working on a platformer that i've been working on the past 3 years  WinkHand Money Right

Hand Money LeftCave StoryHand Money Right

i am member number 461, plz do not steal i paid money for this number
Felwÿnn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 17, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »

Hi guys,
I'm Felwynn, twenty years old, and I'm a young french graphist. I often work with RPG maker 2K3, Xp and VX, and I come from Oniromancie, a french RMP-Maker Community.
I saw this site and I'm very interested. Some people here have a very high level.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: February 17, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »

Hi Huzzah, Felwynn, ya'll Well, hello there!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: February 17, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

I've been lurking for the last week or so, figured I should introduce myself or i'm just like, weird stalker dude?

So, hi?! I'm Tifu, I started off programming learning with qbasic, made a couple programs in Darkbasic and am now using Playbasic. Spot the recurring theme! It is my ambition in life to make an awesome pretty good metroidvania game or die trying!

I was mostly drawn to this site because of the awesome competitions you guys have, they always seem so awesome and I hope to take part in one some day.

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: February 17, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »

Welcome all talented newcomers!  Smiley

A Jumping Matchbox Bandit
Level 0

If only my name was allowed two more letters...

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 17, 2009, 08:27:34 PM »

Hello there everybody, I'm an Australian, I used to be on the Nifflas support forums quite a bit. Although I don't have much experience in programming or the like, I greatly appreciate the style and elegance of Indie games.

"We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
- Robert Wilensky
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 17, 2009, 08:30:23 PM »

well hey guys, i'm huzzah, or known as kaz. i've been joined the forums for a while, and I forgot about this account.

i am working on a platformer that i've been working on the past 3 years  WinkHand Money Right

wowie  Shocked
Ina Vegt
Level 1

Girl Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: February 18, 2009, 02:10:38 AM »

*waves*

Girl gamer here. I'm a student of the HAN University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.

My hobbies:

Computer Programming
Video Gaming
Playing PnP RPGs (Usually playing Wizards or the like. Wizard)
Writing stories
Learning things
Linguistics
Beating my little brother up the head.  Evil
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 18, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »

Welcome aboard!
RunningRaptor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 18, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »

Hello, my name is Matt, and I am a RunningRaptor because... I run like a raptor.

I wish I could program, but every time I try to I get distracted and then come back to it not knowing where I left off. I enjoy playing games though, and they are usually the thing distracting me from programming. I am also really into movies, my current favorites being Mean Girls (for reals) and Sweeney Todd. Swimming is another one of my favorite things to do.

I guess that is it.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1893 on: February 18, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »

*waves*

Girl gamer here. I'm a student of the HAN University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.

My hobbies:

Computer Programming
Video Gaming
Playing PnP RPGs (Usually playing Wizards or the like. Wizard)
Writing stories
Learning things
Linguistics
Beating my little brother up the head.  Evil
First girl gamer I've seen here. Welcome and have a good time here!
Hello, my name is Matt, and I am a RunningRaptor because... I run like a raptor.

I wish I could program, but every time I try to I get distracted and then come back to it not knowing where I left off. I enjoy playing games though, and they are usually the thing distracting me from programming. I am also really into movies, my current favorites being Mean Girls (for reals) and Sweeney Todd. Swimming is another one of my favorite things to do.

I guess that is it.
Welcome newest member! They say RunningRaptor is still the Latest Member here at TIGSource.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1894 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:38 AM »

Hello everyone.  You can call me Gap.  I'm interested in making games that are experimental, weird, meaningful and/or tasteful.  I figured I'd join the community and get involved since this seems like such a lovely place to hang out.

Some personal info:
I like art, intellectual stuff, weird stuff, indie games, tophats, good food, and serving God.

Thank you for being such an interesting community.  I hope to have fun here.  Gentleman

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1895 on: February 19, 2009, 11:17:16 AM »

Welcome! I'm all for seeing new people who want to make experimental games.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1896 on: February 19, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »

Thank you, and I appreciate the welcome. Smiley

It's quite intimidating to see some of the guys on here who already do an amazing job at making experimental games.  I hope to come even half as far as they.

God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
steviemac2000
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:14 PM »

Hi,

I'm Steve and I found this site through rockpapershotgun.  Some great stuff being produced here!

I'm a musician and, among other thigns, I make electronic/chiptune stuff under the name Blaster:

www.myspace.com/blastermusic

I'd love to work on an indie game soundtrack so have a listen and if you're interested send me a PM or mail me at steviemac2000 at gmail.com
Doctor Universe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 19, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

'sup yo, I'm a dumbass because I totally overlooked this thread. Anywho, my name's Houston (the joke's old, don't even ask).

I play far too many games for it to be healthy, the genre almost doesn't matter (can't say I'm a fan of JRPGs, sorry). I read a lot too, currently going through House of Leaves and Watchmen again. Srsly, they're great books.

Only recently have I actually gotten into making games... that is to say I finally bothered to apply my imagination in some realm. That's really it, y'all.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1899 on: February 19, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »

Thank you, and I appreciate the welcome. Smiley

It's quite intimidating to see some of the guys on here who already do an amazing job at making experimental games.  I hope to come even half as far as they.
I guess it can be intimidating. I just came from a thread with a game that has some INSANELY beautiful art. I've seen a lot and I've only been here for about 2 days. It's motivational more than anything.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic