Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 12:09:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2328959 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: April 29, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »

The fuck I watched?
people think they are crazy there answer is to go crazier, it's like they embraced the neogaf ...

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18021 on: April 30, 2014, 04:35:38 AM »

I hate like 70% of the indie games community, whys everyone a social activist tard, it's just video games you artsy nerds

Why not just let people make what they want? Shrug

That was pretty good.  Mega64 really stepping up in the world.
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18022 on: April 30, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »

Grats Paul! Good stuff! Beer!

By the way, for the spanish speaking people here, I'm launching a podcast/talk show about gaming culture, news and just plain old having fun.

I uploaded the first ep today, we aim to have one per week. So if you speak spanish and care to listen for a bit, or know some people who might enjoy this, here's the link.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: April 30, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »

jiitype
« Reply #18024 on: May 01, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »

Mario Kart 8 looks pretty damn sweet.

How she actually looks at the blue shell is an interesting little detail.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18025 on: May 01, 2014, 10:17:43 AM »

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/01/zenimax-claims-oculus-stole/
Zenimax sue occulus over carmack "theft" of tech
Gonna want those facebook movie Who, Me?

Choice quote:
It was only through the concerted efforts of Mr. Carmack, using technology developed over many years at, and owned by, ZeniMax, that [Oculus founder] Mr. Luckey was able to transform his garage-based pipe dream into a working reality.

My Word!

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18026 on: May 01, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »

Lawyers win, everyone else loses.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18027 on: May 01, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »

Funny how they only decided to sue after Oculus got bought for $2 billion... Lips Sealed

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18028 on: May 01, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »

Funny how they only decided to sue after Oculus got bought for $2 billion... Lips Sealed

his garage-based pipe dream.

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18029 on: May 01, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »

ZeniMax vs. Facebook? If this goes to court, I will bet on the outcome. My guess is it will just end in an undisclosed settlement.

At any rate, all this tug-of-war happening just means that VR is the next big thing and it's not a gimmicky fad, and it won't go anywhere. It's all good imo!

I'd love to hear more about this story from Mr. Carmack himself!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18030 on: May 01, 2014, 04:43:44 PM »

At any rate, all this tug-of-war happening just means that VR is the next big thing and it's not a gimmicky fad...

Same thing was said about 3DTV and I haven't been seeing new ones on sale.* VR may still be around for a while like 3D was again, but it will fizzle out back into a niche. Why? It's a hassle. People generally do not like having to put goggles on to "get the experience".

*From observation.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:49:13 PM by Player Ʒ » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18031 on: May 01, 2014, 05:12:03 PM »

am i the only one who finds the idea of VR and "being fully immersed in a videogame" kinda creepy?
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18032 on: May 01, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »

While I can appreciate the spectacle of "wow this is virtual reality, cool", there are types of people who lust after it in an unhealthy manner.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18033 on: May 01, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »

It's something that sci-fi writers have been talking about for ages. And now it's real! (sort of)

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
jiitype
« Reply #18034 on: May 02, 2014, 02:41:12 AM »

I can finally see my waifu. Hopefully touch and smell too some day.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18035 on: May 02, 2014, 02:49:26 AM »

I've actually done quite alot of rotoscoping for years now and my experience is mainly using Flash and a tablet. Have a pretty good workflow going now. If you need any tips or anything just let me know.
so is it only the option to draw and redraw all the sprite in every frame? cause i'm thinking of using half bone animation and half roto to correct the flaw of bone animation. I remember Teslagrad's dev did that so i'm trying it myself.
Sorry for slow response. I've done both versions with sometimes redrawing every frame (mainly for shorter smooth video animation) and reusing parts with rotoscoping as a guide to how and where things should be moving. Think it really depends what look you're going for and what you're using it for.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #18036 on: May 02, 2014, 05:46:54 AM »

I have been learning how to do it (Franklins Ghost gave me a bit of advice). Unfortunately I am not very talented so this still looks like shit. I definitely think that rotoscoping holds a ton of promise though so I am going to keep working on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z0qiZl3oxY&feature=youtu.be

Think happy thoughts.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18037 on: May 02, 2014, 06:14:49 AM »

I have been learning how to do it (Franklins Ghost gave me a bit of advice). Unfortunately I am not very talented so this still looks like shit. I definitely think that rotoscoping holds a ton of promise though so I am going to keep working on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z0qiZl3oxY&feature=youtu.be

Nice start Smiley

Another big point to take into consideration is that no matter how good the rotoscoping technique is, it'll still look strange if the animations don't flow or work for the movement intended. I had alot of issues when starting getting a walk that would look good in game and transitioning that to a jump etc. My walk would look more like a float because I was filming me pretending to walk not naturally walking. Also once done it comes down to tweaking the variables of the characters movement.

One of the biggest tips is that even before rotoscoping it's good to try and see how the video captured works when flipped between different movements.

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #18038 on: May 03, 2014, 08:09:46 AM »

Sorry for slow response. I've done both versions with sometimes redrawing every frame (mainly for shorter smooth video animation) and reusing parts with rotoscoping as a guide to how and where things should be moving. Think it really depends what look you're going for and what you're using it for.
guess there's really no elevator to heaven. gonna start taking stair.

@s_l_m
if you need some video references for rotoscope, this youtube channel might give you that(though i never actually go there and take references. quota based internet is no fun)
Some movie might give you those too, especially training montage on sport movie.

for the feedback though, your sprite doesn't really loop well.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #18039 on: May 04, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »

Thanks Leon. That channel is pretty good!

Think happy thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic