Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 05:04:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting64pixels - an ASCII electronics/PvP sandbox game (0.1.6.1)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 64pixels - an ASCII electronics/PvP sandbox game (0.1.6.1)  (Read 7875 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »

You should have the tutorial cover the main menu as well, because as it is now, I can't even get past that. I'm pressing all kinds of keys. Nothing happens. Arrow keys. Space bar. Return. Letters. Nothing.

I like the graphics, at least. Giggle

EDIT:
Oh. Reloading the page seems to have done the trick. Let's see...

EDIT 2:
Okay. Tried it out. I guess it doesn't quite feel like a game yet, but this is still a very early version, isn't it? Maybe I missed something, too. Anyhow, the concept looks promising. Seems like it could be fun when there is more interaction going on between blocks and characters and everything.

I don't know if this is a bug specific to your game, or a general problem with applets, but I had undocked the applet from the page into a new window, which appeared as a Java process, rather than a window of the browser. When I closed the tab, without thinking of what I was doing, before I had closed the undocked Java process window, the Java process froze, and I had to force quit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:35:06 AM by Skomakar'n » Logged

asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »

You should have the tutorial cover the main menu as well, because as it is now, I can't even get past that. I'm pressing all kinds of keys. Nothing happens. Arrow keys. Space bar. Return. Letters. Nothing.

I like the graphics, at least. Giggle

EDIT:
Oh. Reloading the page seems to have done the trick. Let's see...

EDIT 2:
Okay. Tried it out. I guess it doesn't quite feel like a game yet, but this is still a very early version, isn't it? Maybe I missed something, too. Anyhow, the concept looks promising. Seems like it could be fun when there is more interaction going on between blocks and characters and everything.

I don't know if this is a bug specific to your game, or a general problem with applets, but I had undocked the applet from the page into a new window, which appeared as a Java process, rather than a window of the browser. When I closed the tab, without thinking of what I was doing, before I had closed the undocked Java process window, the Java process froze, and I had to force quit.

1. You have to click on the main menu! I'll write it on the page
2. It is probably the way java works... next time open the java console (if it's still up, if it's not then it's just Java being an a-hole) and copy-paste what it says

namragog
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

I found a place that makes dynamic crazy-ass music.  Kiss Kiss Kiss
asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:27 AM »

The 24/7 server is finally up! Credits to GLaDOS for upgrading RAM!

HINT: If you get SIGSEGV errors, try using the client VM and not the server VM (java -client -jar 64px-srvr.jar)

asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 03:12:08 AM »

0.1.6.1! Multiworld, lots of fixes and stuff!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic