Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411586 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:58:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)GIFs of games being worked on
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 297
Print
Author Topic: GIFs of games being worked on  (Read 1208538 times)
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4640 on: April 12, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

it's probably quite fast for a turtle

absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4641 on: April 12, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »

Ever fantasize about being stranded in a cold and strange place while being stalked by a Grue?
So have I.

Leaghorn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4642 on: April 12, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »

A little preview from my latest puzzle game Matris

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4643 on: April 15, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »

Having my third closed beta test tomorrow and I was coding new death state for the players...

Well, that didnt go as I planned :D

EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4644 on: April 16, 2016, 01:09:32 AM »

A little preview from my latest puzzle game Matris

Wait! WAIT WAIT! The Tetris Company is extremely litigious and will attempt to destroy any work that even remotely resembles Tetris. Your game can't have "tris" in the title anywhere and while you have avoided some of the points The Tetris Company loves to DCMA people over, you're not in the clear. Remove the piece preview and any "ghost" pieces and they might think for a few more seconds before they attempt to sue you (but probably not.)

If you are planning to put a lot of time and effort into your game, you're in dangerous territory. Personally, I'd love for someone to transcend Tetris and battle with those guys and win, but you have to know what you're getting into.

Forgot to mention! Tetris won a copyright case against a mobile game called Minno. The judge spelled out what features are considered "Tetris" and the Tetris Company went for the features they felt someone couldn't make a good Tetris game without. Some of them were: Piece preview, ghost pieces, and few other odds and ends. However, that said, even if you make a game without those features, they're still going to sue you. You need to be prepared to fight them on it when they do.

Ree
Level 0

I'm terrible with personal texts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4645 on: April 16, 2016, 07:18:53 AM »

Added the classic Dice set to TaleSpire:

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: April 16, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »

Working on a thing for #LDJAM
It took me the better part of the day to get this far, and I'm fairly impressed with myself programming wise.
EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4647 on: April 16, 2016, 09:46:16 PM »

Added the classic Dice set to TaleSpire:

That is so satisfying. How are you achieving the depth of field effect?

Also, what are the masses of those dice? I'm assuming you're not using real-life scale for them? They look so natural. I wonder if they were based on the size / mass of real dice that they'd be more jittery but not sure.

Ree
Level 0

I'm terrible with personal texts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4648 on: April 17, 2016, 03:03:20 AM »

That is so satisfying. How are you achieving the depth of field effect?

Also, what are the masses of those dice? I'm assuming you're not using real-life scale for them? They look so natural. I wonder if they were based on the size / mass of real dice that they'd be more jittery but not sure.

Thank you! Smiley The depth of field is Unity Stock, so can't take much credit for that. I am doing some controlling via code to find a good target and to fade it in and out slightly, but that doesn't really show very well in this version.

You're right about the physics scale, it certainly isn't real size. The tile you see on the ground there is exactly 1 by 1 unit. I went into the Physics settings and changed up some settings such as the gravity amount, solving amount and velocity + angular velocity speed.  The Mass is just 1. I also made a Physics material for the dice and a default one. A lot of tweaking.
Dealing with the tile at a 1x1 unit scale made thinking about it a lot easier.

Thanks again!

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: April 17, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »

Ree, that looks so freaking nice  Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right
Great materials and lighting!
Swifty
Level 2

Must Keep Walking.

View Profile
« Reply #4650 on: April 18, 2016, 04:04:54 AM »

absolute8
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4651 on: April 18, 2016, 01:42:57 PM »

I see what you're trying to do with the lighting.

Add a lot more contrast because it is reallllly hard to see all that nice pixel art.
Think about other horror theme games that use pixel art:

Lone Survivor
various Castlevania games

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4652 on: April 18, 2016, 04:18:02 PM »

The cruel and short lives of the Corporate Salmon...

cykboy
Level 2

ye

View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: April 19, 2016, 02:44:08 AM »

Swifty
Level 2

Must Keep Walking.

View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: April 19, 2016, 02:55:57 AM »

<cut>

I see what you're trying to do with the lighting.

Add a lot more contrast because it is reallllly hard to see all that nice pixel art.
Think about other horror theme games that use pixel art:

Lone Survivor
various Castlevania games

Thanks for the feedback! I've only tested on my monitor which is quite bright, but you're definitely right, with the lighter background against the .gif it's very hard to make anything out. I've since amended that somewhat. There will also be an in-game brightness calibrator for individual tweaking of the game brightness to accommodate difference in monitor setups.

@Antraxx - That's sick! Is that 3d rendered?

neutonm
Level 0

Elusive Slacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4655 on: April 19, 2016, 05:15:37 AM »

I am working on this game called: LUNA - The Shadow Dust.
For some mad reason we decided to animated the character in traditional frame by frame style. Hard work but I enjoyed it a lot! Tears of Joy

Holysh... this looks amazing. The character is really traditional looking. Doesn't look like flash (or ?), how did you made that? (software)

absolute8
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4656 on: April 19, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! I've only tested on my monitor which is quite bright, but you're definitely right, with the lighter background against the .gif it's very hard to make anything out. I've since amended that somewhat. There will also be an in-game brightness calibrator for individual tweaking of the game brightness to accommodate difference in monitor setups.

@Antraxx - That's sick! Is that 3d rendered?

Sure, I think about lighting based on this:

Tint (white/bright) - Things I absolutely must see
Tone (gray/dim light and shadow) - Things with a shape good enough for vague suggestion
Shade (black/darkness)- Things I want to obscure completely only to later be revealed or left to fuel imagination.

Don't be afraid to use bright colors and completely black shadows. The gray areas in between will create the subtlety you're looking for.

Conker
« Reply #4657 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26:43 AM »

:D wip bombs
ompuco
Level 3

oh my god whats happening

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4658 on: April 19, 2016, 11:20:05 PM »

some early rough attempts at a form of 3D volumetric distortion experiments, mainly figuring out raycasting. Kinda want to try something where it captures pieces of the camera, saves them to textures, and applies a texture to each corresponding block that's instantiated. Like a 3D freezeframe, or potentially, virtual datamoshing. Looks really rough in my current project (especially since I'm not filtering stray background pixels with DOF rn) but at least I know it works.

I feel like maybe i could probably do something much more optimized than this, since currently it works with either meshes or sprites facing the camera with materials that do most of the work. I was kinda trying to recreate what XRA did with MOABD where I've heard like he used a bunch of constantly decaying particles with bits of the screen render saved to each particle only once. Might look into Unity's particle system a little more but I'm not sure if it would work for this so I've just sorta been doing my own thing from scratch. In any case, it's a neato experiment.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:28:26 PM by ompuco » Logged

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: April 20, 2016, 02:27:43 AM »

I finally implemented switches in Super Lemonade Factory. If any TIGsourcers want a Steam key, just hit me with a private message.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 297
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic