Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411585 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:17:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTeddy Bear Picnic Massacre
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Teddy Bear Picnic Massacre  (Read 8113 times)
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »

Voted on both Newgrounds and Kongregate. Good luck with it!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 05:55:38 AM »

I can't say that I approve of this genre of gameplay, but as long as you got sponsored. Well done.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 06:23:04 AM »

Hello!

Visited it, and...

:/

It has some good ideas, and the art is good.

But you REALLY need to fix some stuff in the gameplay.

First, the shotgun is TERRIBLE, it is waaay worse than the initial pistol.

Also your progression is not that good, I can live as long as I want, unless I get shotguns, then I lose.

Actually this is terrible, it feels like there is no skill in the game, I can just stay in place, spinning and holding the fire button, and everything dies, until I get a shotgun, then I die.

Also your damage bonus must be broken, I always pick it, and I always have the same damage and ammo stats when I level up, quite disappointing, specially since I hoped that I would get enough damage to the shotgun not kill me, but instead I also kept getting more ammo, but I don't want more ammo, more ammo means having to stay with the stupid shotgun for longer!

Also, everything feels... slow? or sluggish, all animations are kinda slow, and the rate of fire of all weapons are more or less slow, it is very weird, like if the computer was laggy. The exception is that yellow ice cream bear, that runs quite fast, in comparison to you at least.

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 09:09:40 AM »

Congrats on the release! Coffee

The game is fun Smiley  Jumping feels a bit floaty, but that was the only bad thing I noticed.

P.S. The machine guns are REALLY fun!  Hand Metal Left No No NO Hand Metal Right

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed your time with it -- the sponsor made me take out the high score system (for reasons unknown) so there's no point in leveling up too much unfortunately.

Voted on both Newgrounds and Kongregate. Good luck with it!

Thanks Eric, appreciate it!

I can't say that I approve of this genre of gameplay, but as long as you got sponsored. Well done.

The murder of innocent teddy bears or shooting games in general? Cheesy

It has some good ideas, and the art is good.

But you REALLY need to fix some stuff in the gameplay.

First, the shotgun is TERRIBLE, it is waaay worse than the initial pistol.

Also your progression is not that good, I can live as long as I want, unless I get shotguns, then I lose.

Actually this is terrible, it feels like there is no skill in the game, I can just stay in place, spinning and holding the fire button, and everything dies, until I get a shotgun, then I die.

Also your damage bonus must be broken, I always pick it, and I always have the same damage and ammo stats when I level up, quite disappointing, specially since I hoped that I would get enough damage to the shotgun not kill me, but instead I also kept getting more ammo, but I don't want more ammo, more ammo means having to stay with the stupid shotgun for longer!

Also, everything feels... slow? or sluggish, all animations are kinda slow, and the rate of fire of all weapons are more or less slow, it is very weird, like if the computer was laggy. The exception is that yellow ice cream bear, that runs quite fast, in comparison to you at least.

The shotgun was changed at the last minute and it's not explained in the game, but, it does tons of damage when you're close to the target.  More than the sniper rifle, in fact.  I can completely understand your frustration and I wholeheartedly apologize for that element.

When you level up, you receive 8 health points, 0.4 damage and 0.6 ammo bonuses.  When you choose the damage bonus, you receive an extra 0.2 damage.  So the fact that your damage and ammo bonuses are equal means that it's working as intended.

I'm a little concerned with everything feeling slow.  Can you bring down the console (~) and type "stats" (no quotes).  Are you getting a solid 60 FPS?

I appreciate you taking the time to review the game.  Thank you.

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 09:16:49 AM »

Well, seemly the console is un-openable on my brazillian keyboard :/

About the shotgun: I DID noticed that it does more damage close, but it STILL is a terrible weapon, I can clear a screen MUCH faster with a pistol, with the shotgun I frequently die to grenadiers, as it take forever to shoot everyone until I get to them, or getting close to them is too dangerous.

When I am on the pistol, noone can get much close.

When I am on the shotgun, even if I start shooting WAAAAY before enemies enter the screen (for example because I had a minigun before it), I still end taking damage from 3 or 4 basic enemies hitting me with their breads.

And when there is a pile up of people hitting you, each shotgun painfully kills only one of them, and the rate of fire is terrible, so you get a lot more hits before you can kill the next one.

Also the SMG and the M16 are kinda... redundant, seemly they do the same damage, and have a similar rate of fire. I think minigun, fixed shotgun and SMG would be enough weapons.

Also minigun would be much more fun if it had some crazy rate of fire instead, even with minimal damage, so you could see enemies staggering backwards a bit before dieing or something. Right now the minigun just feels like a big SMG

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 01:22:04 PM »

The murder of innocent teddy bears or shooting games in general? Cheesy
I was talking about grindy repetitive flash games.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »

Can't hardly play this without listening to this song in the background:

Gentleman

DanDecarlo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »

The atmosphere is nice for some reason, also the gun animations looked good.

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »

Busy week, sorry for the delay in my response.

About the shotgun: I DID noticed that it does more damage close, but it STILL is a terrible weapon, I can clear a screen MUCH faster with a pistol, with the shotgun I frequently die to grenadiers, as it take forever to shoot everyone until I get to them, or getting close to them is too dangerous.

You're right.  The shotgun becomes much worse the longer you play, since your damage with the faster weapons is going up but the firing rate is constant.  It's a design oversight and unfortunate.  I'll keep an eye out for things like that in the future.

Thanks for being so thorough with your feedback.  I really appreciate it.

I was talking about grindy repetitive flash games.

heh, fair enough.

Can't hardly play this without listening to this song in the background:

Gentleman

That was the original plan but there's a copyright issue surrounding the original composition, so we had to abandon it.  The preloader was going to play a happy-go-lucky version and the main menu would be a death metal rendition.

The atmosphere is nice for some reason, also the gun animations looked good.

Thanks.  I'll pass on your compliments to the artist.

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 10:56:48 AM »

Please fix the shotgun...

I "won" the game, and decided to use the last perk.

The result only that I died in 20 seconds, just after I picked up a shotgun.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic