Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 07:55:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: ENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4  (Read 30105 times)
EverydayDreamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »

Very accurate! Thank you, you nailed it! And yes Aeon Flux is a great inspiration! I grew up in dirt and don't mind harsh opinions since our dirt, dust and rust are only temporary. It's the trees I look for when I move through this world. And this game deals with a lot of topics beneath it's simple surface. I won't blame anyone for not wanting to look at the ugly but their nightmares won't stop me from moving either.  Beer!

Well said, now im curious to see how well your ideas are expressed within the game Wink Definitely a challenge, and that's the point right? Anyways, just had to share my two cents after seeing the flack you were taking (and taking it quite well i would add). Im working on my first game and mindset is half the battle to completion lol. Liked ya on FB, keep up the good work dude

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2014, 12:21:44 AM »

Well said, now im curious to see how well your ideas are expressed within the game Wink Definitely a challenge, and that's the point right? Anyways, just had to share my two cents after seeing the flack you were taking (and taking it quite well i would add). Im working on my first game and mindset is half the battle to completion lol. Liked ya on FB, keep up the good work dude

I'm curious too, since I've also choosen not to explain too much about it. But I guess a few 'messages' will be quite 'IN YO' FACE' and others left to subtile interpretation. Thanks for the thumb-up! Your mindset is your most important tool and motivator! Take great care of it and never be afraid to cross borders and evolve! Manage your expectations and see those of others and you should have a great time developing! I'll go and have a look at your devlog right now. (currently on a tablet with slow connection)

EverydayDreamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2014, 12:25:40 AM »

I just started mine up, very new to the whole sharing publicly, wondering what to share and when n how much, etc etc. Feedback welcome! tho it's just a few shots up for now on TIG. You on IndieDb or anywhere else?

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2014, 12:47:17 AM »

I'm not to sure what to share mostly too. I look at this as sharing my progress and collecting impressions. Project Rain World has a nice devlog worth looking at for inspiration on how to handle it.

I mostly update this thread, my website, steam greenlight, indiedb and sometimes the fb page... I'm alone so it's always a ton of work to spread the word and get some feedback. and dont worry if you don't get replies to every post. It sometimes takes a few good posts untill someone finds somethin worthy of posting. All delicate souls here I guess. Just focus on your work and share or ask for feedback as you please, learning by doing Wink

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2014, 01:05:07 AM »

Demo tested a bit, nice mood and design Smiley. Is It the game slow? or just my computer???

Thank you! What's your system? I am aiming for 60Hz on mid-range consumer notebooks as minimum.

The demo had some fuckups in the code (too many updates and the software mouse), but it should be better with the next version. (But also a bit more demanding since I've implemented a few full screen pixel shaders now.)

AMD Athlon X2 6000+, GForce GT 630, 5GB DDR2

Yep, directly from the past hardware (except the graphic card Tongue). Maybe the processor is the bottleneck?  But seriously, I don't know if you want to provide a slow gameplay feeling, maybe It's just my subjetive opinion and no an optimization problem Smiley

It should not feel slow. Do you have the same problem with the newer version of the demo?
would be nice to know, if you have the time! Because it should run at 60fps on your machine and pretty fast moves... =/

I'll test it ASAP, i'm at work right know Smiley
EverydayDreamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2014, 01:06:11 AM »

I'm not to sure what to share mostly too. I look at this as sharing my progress and collecting impressions. Project Rain World has a nice devlog worth looking at for inspiration on how to handle it.

I mostly update this thread, my website, steam greenlight, indiedb and sometimes the fb page... I'm alone so it's always a ton of work to spread the word and get some feedback. and dont worry if you don't get replies to every post. It sometimes takes a few good posts untill someone finds somethin worthy of posting. All delicate souls here I guess. Just focus on your work and share or ask for feedback as you please, learning by doing Wink

Thanks for the advice man, very babe in the woods as far as community sharing goes but hey, it's part of the package, lol. I'll hit greenlight when we've gotten things to a trailer level. Other than that, the only page I update that you didnt mention is DevelTeam

http://www.develteam.com/Game/Wrath-Against-Time/Feed

The way I figure it the more avenues to share the better right? You may wanna pop Enyo up there as well. Anyways, im gonna finish off this frame n go pass out. later!

ill have to remember to check out that Rain World Devlog, thanks

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »

Just updated the Demo with a bunch of fixes, so all should run smooth now.

give it a shot HERE:

http://www.dev-zoo.net/ZoO/index.php/projects/5-enyo-arcade

And any ideas on how I can 'promote' this baby so I can at least get through Greenlight after 2 years? Cus this darkness sucks. Cheers!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2014, 04:14:54 AM »

Great! Send out press mails - webserver crashes =(

Now they all hate me...

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2014, 02:00:31 AM »

So, there seemed to be a big demand on explanation within the game. I now have a dialog system that I will continue to upgrade in order to communicate controls and what is happening in the game. BUT I will also look into letting players deactivate it from the options menue (ingame/mainmenue)

This will also be the main communication that the players Drone will use to communicate to the player (story elements and enemy/environmental information)

Hope this can de-alienate a lot of the game and give back the actual atmosphere without interrupting with the gameplay too much and without making any players feel stupidly lectured.

And no response from the press my Greenlight entry is still rather sinking than going up in the list but whatever... I had a hard weekend but am still happy to be doing this and still love where I am going, even if no one would pay for it. I'm still doing this for the sake of my heart.

And fuck fame/money, that seems to be a demand that others plant on me just because I am doing this... THAT makes me wonder... and I'm still doing it without any funding. I'll gladly give it away without charging money when I'm finished to anyone making a kind request.  Gentleman

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »

Oh and to give credit where it's due:

this is the awesome tutorial on implementing a cool dialog system into flixel:

http://www.nathanschobert.com/2013/11/04/making-a-dialog-system-with-flixel/

Thanks Nathan Schobert!

Peace!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2014, 03:09:14 AM »

I've just launched a little contest/challenge to see who is still alive out there...

And what's better than graffiti to prove that?

So if you feel like bombing your art into ENYO Arcade - check this out:

http://www.dev-zoo.net/ZoO/index.php/zootalk/32-enyo-arcade-urban-art-contest

Have fun and thank's for caring!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2014, 10:55:21 PM »

!!!

Yey, ENYO ARCADE got greenlit today!!!

!!!

Thank you to everyone supporting this project! Now I will do my best to deliver a sweet experience that ends.  Tears of Joy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:06:22 AM by c023-DeV » Logged

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »

Oh and here are my final stats for anyone interested (in German - ha! - sorry for that):

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2014, 02:03:44 AM »

Here is one of the new enemy types that will make you panic when you know them around...

The fast and deadly HexaBots   Hand Metal Left Mock Anger Hand Metal Right

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »

Added animated lights and stuff...

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »

Made a ton of optimizations, halved the update calls, made all static objects as such... so now I can have a shitload of animated background sprites - muhahahaha....

All lights are now animated and make every frame more lifelike.

Refining gameplay elements too. I'm thinking about leaving the timer on by default (so you don't linger around too long in the first playthrough. You can deactivate the timer by switching to 'easy' (hihi) or re-selecting any level from the menue.
This gives the player the urge to stay in motion and it makes the whole experience a lot more interesting. It looks like a cheap call to put a timer on the game just to make the player move but it works... and time is always an enemy.

Oh yeah and slowly filling up my tilemap atlases with tons of tile variations as the levels grow. Whole game is now pretty much blocked out and I'm going into polishing and refining.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2014, 06:25:58 AM »

Here's a little preview of what the seccond Chapter in ENYO Arcade currently looks like:

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2014, 01:23:39 AM »

Just a freaky report of my everyday struggle: (may contain content inappropriate for children but I'll keep it low)

As I've already mentioned I sometimes go out to perform as street musician (to meet people, entertain and sometimes people drop money in my case too... strange but true)

I usually put up a sign in german that either displays my website or mostly my company philosophy:

Freely translated: "Capable yet useless"

And I get quite a few funny reactions to that, some are nice and kind, some are ignorant and others rather concerning.

Yesterday one older lady said: "You aren't useless! You make us happy!!!" -Thank's dear lady! ♥

And then this strange older guy (maybe in his mid fifty's with a wig and sunglasses, looking a quite like Paul McCartney but a bit taller) comes along and starts a chat because those words stuck to his head and he wanted to talk about it - ok, so we go for coffee. I tell him that I actually make video games and am not dependent on street music. He starts flirting with me and after a while tells me that he will visit my website and 'Do you mind if I *fap* to it?' -he asks!? 'Well I can't stop you, but it's not intended for that and I don't think my work would encourage that!?' I answered, still a little surprised. (This guy seriously thinks that anything online is just for ***** ... and now I feel dirty all over... since he told me more and more until I could get out out of that situation without hurting the guy...

I won't share the rest... but has this ever happened to any of you? I've got a headache from being too friendly ... I hope this wasn't too offensive. I am concerned about these type of things since I am concerned about society in general, so I had to share it... it was a creepy experience. And is yet another proof to how some people just live in strange perceptions of the world around them. That stuff plays a major role in the work I do and in this Game... perception of reality.

Damn...

Oh yeah and by the way: ENYO Arcade now has SLOPES!

*cough*

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »

Maeh! You guys are all pretty prude ... maeh! ... all just because I am white and drunk... why you guys hate drunk developers? You know that I'm making a video game that is cooler than ... ... cooler than  ehm... aw... whatever... you are just scared! I'd beat up every single one of you in quake! I'd even beat you in your own games! This is SKILL!  Gentleman

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »

Oh wait... do I have to look like I'm serious? I make computer play time for ...  Toast Right Cheers! You know! Im don't... Marx was left-right!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic