Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411550 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 08:06:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904533 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8580 on: December 12, 2016, 12:27:11 AM »

I'm currently into the best Elder Scrolls game which is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Just like all the other ones it is a gem with many facets that are a little dirty but what ones aren't shine brightly through and though it's filled with characters who look a little stiff they don't have potatoes for heads. It's enjoyable to just move about and your followers are actually useful beyond being walking saddle bags. A marketable improvement and shows much promise for future entries into the franchise.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:59 AM »

what about soul sacrifice?

it's ok. i pretty much only use my vita to play psp or ps1 games which is very rare these days.

i recently played some gladiator begins on my vita. it had been collecting dust for more than a year before that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:39:27 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: December 12, 2016, 03:09:33 AM »

i regret not buying pspvita when soul sacrifice was still new (for multiplayer).
Seems like it was the only legit reason to own a psvita, since other good titles aren't exclusive anymore.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: December 12, 2016, 03:30:47 AM »

soul sacrifice is really not that good tho. get a 3ds with monster hunter instead.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: December 12, 2016, 03:32:40 AM »

the only "good" vita exclusive i've played was the ys 4 remake thingy.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: December 12, 2016, 05:36:56 AM »

Vita exclusives aren't its strong point. It's still my most played handheld by far. I have UMvC3 on quick suspend all the time so i can get some quick matches in during breaks etc (the online community is still great, I can find a match in 30 seconds usually). I basically think of it as my fighting, indie and ps1 machine.

Also playing Front Mission 3 right now on vita. I thought it had terrible raycasting or input issue then I realized my fingers were brushing against the backtouch and it maps to the L/R buttons on the ps1/ps2 gamepads.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: December 12, 2016, 05:38:17 AM »

Started playing Let it Die. Not sure if I like it yet but it's keeping me engaged. Still waiting to see if it becomes a free 2 play nightmare or not.

Death with rainbow glasses on a skateboard is pretty good though.

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: December 12, 2016, 09:46:14 AM »

Invisible Inc is free on psn this month. If you like srpgs or stealth games you should give it a try, I'm having a blast with it so far.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:48 AM »

Invisible inc is a masterpiece
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8589 on: December 12, 2016, 11:57:13 AM »

Vita justified its existence with a great Spelunky port. Everything else is secondary, and I don't regret the purchase at all.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: December 12, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »

yeah but

i have a laptop

i can play spelunky on that

(same is true for every other indie game on vita)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8591 on: December 12, 2016, 01:16:07 PM »

can't fit a laptop in my pocket and i don't need an extra controller just to play it

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: December 12, 2016, 08:16:14 PM »

Still playing Witcher 3.

I am noticing the mind control spell doesn't actually work, rather than charming the enemies into servitude they just stand there dazed. Other than that there are some fun little setups you can do with the magic and bombs, especially the trap branch of spells.

I really like some of the subject matter the game touches upon that is not often explored in video games. I wish the game invested a bit more into those story lines and Geralt had more of an emotional stake in them but they are at the very least a step in the right direction.

While some of the sex in the game is overblown it is good to see that in the cases I've seen so far (for example, with Keira) they are not treated as cheap collector card gimmicks but as a function of story and a tone-setter. The Mass Effect games could stand to learn a few things from the Witcher 3. Granted, apparently you do end up having sex on a stuffed unicorn, but I kind of like the silly moments that pop up in the grim overtones of the game, they balance things out.

Combat can be really mashy if you prefer, just hammering the fast attack button to victory. I can see how some might find the combat disappointing now. However, if you actually fully utilize the dodging, rolling, etc. you can really flow through combat and get a lot of mileage out of it. I think all the game really needs to fix its combat for the better is to put the fast and power attacks on the stamina gauge so that you are really forced to utilize your options effectively.

Overall the game is great, I am liking it a lot better than Skyrim. Where Skyrim throws a world at you and then gives you flat personalities to populate it and no real incentive to emotionally invest yourself the Witcher 3 really feels alive and knows how to draw you in to the personal conflicts and drama of its inhabitants. You really feel the stakes of being a Witcher and its context in the scheme of things. The actual facial expressions of the characters are amazing, no real uncanny valley, you can connect with them. It's a great gaming experience.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: December 12, 2016, 08:45:49 PM »

i got a ps4 and instead of playing my big expensive games im just https://twitter.com/LandsharkRAWR/status/808526403767517184

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8594 on: December 12, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »

I just remembered my best argument for the vita: the most recent Shiren game is fucking amazing and is only on vita.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8595 on: December 12, 2016, 11:42:43 PM »

Get me a vita and shiren for xmas

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: December 13, 2016, 12:00:53 AM »

really like some of the subject matter the game touches upon that is not often explored in video games. I wish the game invested a bit more into those story lines and Geralt had more of an emotional stake in them but they are at the very least a step in the right direction.

hm? i think tw3 invests far more story into its sidequests than most other games. even the simple boss rush contracts have some kind of narrative content tied to them. tw3 does the whole wrpg "big and small stories" thing better than most.
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: December 13, 2016, 02:26:29 PM »

really like some of the subject matter the game touches upon that is not often explored in video games. I wish the game invested a bit more into those story lines and Geralt had more of an emotional stake in them but they are at the very least a step in the right direction.

hm? i think tw3 invests far more story into its sidequests than most other games. even the simple boss rush contracts have some kind of narrative content tied to them. tw3 does the whole wrpg "big and small stories" thing better than most.
Right. I didn't say they did them poorly, I said I wished they'd invest more into them. As in, what they do is good so I'd like to see them push it even further.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: December 13, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »

Playing more Let it Die. The game is really starting to grow on me. Like a fungus.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: December 14, 2016, 05:05:29 AM »

Quick question: Will I like the Last Guardian? I'm not a "fan" of Team Ico's work (thought SotC was good but got bored with Ico), so I'm not going to automatically enjoy anything they do. Hence why I'm asking.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic