Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:28:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG XX: Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant - GAME OVER. INQUISITION WINS  (Read 20694 times)
wademcgillis
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »

Yes! What say thee now, Sir Unmoving One?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »

Alas, though the charity of Our Emperor be great, I can only protect one person at a time. I will protect whoever intends to support the righteous and just.

That is, the Higher Members, the CHOSEN of, our Ordo are who I seek to protect, and I hope my fellow acolytes intend to not betray them! I would gladly give my life for Our Emperor, and his chosen! It is my DUTY!

A cunning plan has just been gifted to me by our Great Lord, the All-Knowing Emperor:

If we are unable to determine who is a Higher Member before the night, then if we can at least assemble the acolytes together, we can form a chain. If I protect one person, and that person protects another, and that last person protects I, none of us can be targeted!

If you are an Acolyte, meet me in my chambers, privately!
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »

"GUYS!" The game master exclaims. He reminds the other players that he, the best Game Master you have ever had, must be included in all messages addressed to other people. He reminds you the benefist of playing by the rules, emphasizing that if he is not included in conversations, he might end up sharing direct commands to the players who can peer in the Warp, and less potential filler.

You admiration for your Game Master grows. You weep one tear of joy.

PaleFox
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »

Why do these others not speak? Their silence surely belies their insecurity before the power of the Holy Imperium. Or does it signify a deeper guilt?

Was this murder done by one or by many?
Ashkin
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2011, 12:46:07 AM »

"Well, it certainly seems... Gruesome. Definitely something a Heretic would do. How many there are is unknown, but I guess we'll see tonight by who does not return. I think it is too early to decide who among us is a heretic- I have observed no suspicious behaviour that could really show someone is a heretic. I say we wait until the next calm before electing an interrogator, or wait until more marines arrive.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2011, 03:49:57 AM »

((Timezone differences causing conversation latency, could we also get event times in GMT?))

"Yes, I investigate things. I see things. Cowards, traitors... heathens. I have seen warpfire in many eyes and knows that no duty is more sacrosanct than protecting the Holy Emperor who protects us all! And I remember things, I remember Horus, whose heresy was the more damning because he came from the greatest of us. I've often seen that the highest words and strongest vows leads to the greatest falls and betrayals.

I want to look into each and everyone of your eyes for the spark of warp; for the mark of Khorne or Nurgle or other foul fiends; for the taint of chaos. Will you subject to that inquiry? Will you subject to my... inquisition?"

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2011, 04:06:11 AM »

Everyone present finally notices the figure leaning against a pillar of various fused metals with a cloak dancing in the non-existent wind.

This conversation has been intriguing indeed. I have seen such glorious depravity a many times in my travels and the chaos that emerges has been a shadow to my every step it seems.

Currently it is obvious that Inanimate is either building an elaborate ruse to get us to reveal to whom we really pledge allegiance or is incredibly foolish.

I also know that those of faith, whether of heresy or guiding truth, are not likely to wear it on their shoulder.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:09 AM »

At this time, I'm inclined to vote for <b>Inanimate</b> as interrogator.

Either he's got the will to see us through this, or he's a heretic or assassin playing up a brilliant ruse.

We'll see who he chooses to interrogate and then decide if he's really on the side of order...
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2011, 04:17:31 AM »

Interesting words SirNiko. Perchance a backroom conversation has led to this colluding with Inanimate?

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

((Timezone differences causing conversation latency, could we also get event times in GMT?))

It seems the Game Master will have to suck it up yet again ad go with the notion. He promptly informs the players that they have 4 hours left, with a Warp Storm forecasted at 2AM GMT.

The game master is generous by stating a link with the current GMT time: http://www.wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/current-time/

Ashkin
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2011, 05:06:46 PM »

"We don't have enough time right now to elect an interrogator, and even if we did, there's nothing to go on. I feel a warpstorm coming up.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »

You Game Master gently reminds you that the Calm is forecasted to end in one hour. Since interrogation is unlikely at this day,  would suggest everyone prepare their actions for when the Warp Storm starts.

The Game Master informs you that the Warp Storm is forecasted to end at 6PM GMT. He states that if you don't think you will be available during that time span, you are free to send him your actions preemptively.

EDIT: The game master says to Ashkin the following "ASSHOLE, WAY TO RUIN MY PRETTY POST." He frowns badly at him.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2011, 06:23:30 PM »

While you and your fellows keep bickering and arguing, you soon notice that ground is furiously shaking and the non functional emergency systems have suddenly started and gone immediately haywire. Furious ethereal screams haunt the halls - the cries of the tortured, the laughter of the vicious, the roars of the beasts. Chaos is manisfesting around you. It might be wise that you and your fellows hide in your chambers.

A WARP STORM HAS COMMENCED

((PM me your actions and don't talk until the Calm starts again))

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »

The Warp Storm has ended, and you have returned to the meeting halls your other companions are. But there are some dire news. Your fellow Inanimate is no where to be found; there are no signs of murder. Clearly, he is lost in some other part of the Hulk.

INANIMATE IS BANISHED

There are worse news. Deep in his chamber, crowe's has gotten a new look. His always stoic demeanor has changed to a huge grin, not without the help of some hooks carved in his face. It seems he opted to wear a bloody tattoo with the mark of chaos in his chest. The back of his head is now empty. And last but not least, he seems to have opted to not live anymore, probably helped by someone else. Let's hope it was his choice and no one else's. Because surely those Heretics wouldn't dare, would they?

CROWE HAS BEEN KILLED

Discuss

Ashkin
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »

"... Well then, that's quite grotesque. Inanimate's gone, too, but I doubt he's dead. But whoever's doing these killings is someone who disagrees with Inanimate's and crowe's views. I vote we elect an interrogator today."
wademcgillis
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »

I nominate myself as interrogator. I wish for none to be killed except the Heretics.

Hand Knife Right Mock Anger Hand Knife Right THEY MUST BE VANQUISHED.
Ashkin
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »

"I find Wade's eagerness to be interrogator very suspicious. I vote against Wade being interrogator."
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »

does anybody have any evidence, or at least any suspicions yet?

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »

One killed, one banished.

It looks like Inanimate could be the victim of either a heretic OR an assassin, though for it to be an assassin he would have to be lying about being an acolyte. If I know my heretics, I'm thinking this means one of them is a Rogue Psyker.

Unless the Mystic Psyker successfully protected someone, Crowe was the victim of the heretics I'd suspect. The assassins are likely probing to find their targets. Be careful of revealing too much information, lest you get a knife in your back.

In the interest of keeping Wade from being interrogator, I nominate Ashkin. If he has the poor foresight to execute an innocent, we'll know who we should execute next.
wademcgillis
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »

If my body ceases to function, the Heretics will surely be the victors.

Kill me if you want.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic