Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:54:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJAM UK 4 - 4-7 February, Cambridge [ SOLD OUT ]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: TIGJAM UK 4 - 4-7 February, Cambridge [ SOLD OUT ]  (Read 77831 times)
bento_smile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »

Yay! The tiger commands you all to jam!  Tiger
mirosurabu
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »

How much do they cost?

Money isn't a huge deal, it's obtaining visa that is the problem. Things like proving that funds I have are mine and proving that I will return to Serbia after my visit.
Gwinnell
Level 0

A C/C++ guy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »

Got my ticket! Smiley

increpare
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »

Ah okay.  Krap.

8 tickets left :D
dontkickpenguins
Level 1

Used to be known as Penguinhat

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »

I've got my ticket. Haven't got my travel sorted yet however and getting there from Manc is going to be a bitch. Still, I'll work something out.

Anthony Hart-Jones
Level 0

AAA escapee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2011, 04:41:01 AM »

I'm just glad I have friends in Cambridge.  I hate arranging accommodation for business trips.

By the way, what kind of times are we looking at?  I notice that the venue shuts at midnight, but there's no opening time listed and I doubt we'll all be there bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 8am even if they do open that early... (if anyone does manage to do so, please try to look less than perky while the rest of us get suitably caffeinated - I have never coped well with morning people)

Working on Noir Past Mistakes Noir and looking for an artist
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »

At TIGJamUK2 I tended to turn up around 10am and was usually one of the first there.

increpare
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »

I'm just glad I have friends in Cambridge.  I hate arranging accommodation for business trips.

By the way, what kind of times are we looking at?  I notice that the venue shuts at midnight, but there's no opening time listed and I doubt we'll all be there bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 8am even if they do open that early... (if anyone does manage to do so, please try to look less than perky while the rest of us get suitably caffeinated - I have never coped well with morning people)
place opens at 9:45 each morning.  The earlier you come, the better you'll probably feel, so I'd aim for early. It I'll try to get there around 10, but might be as late as 11.  Some other people might come later, but I wouldn't recommend aiming for anything later than 11.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2011, 05:45:46 AM »

Got my tickets \°o°/

I now need to fix the travel from Paris/France.

increpare
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2011, 07:46:33 AM »

Sitting in the cafe now - thing we can probably fit in more people comfortably enough, so added five more tickets - so 10 left now.
DavidPartouche
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »

Hi,
I just registered for the jam, knowing that I live in Cambridge, if some people have planned to come but don't want to pay for the hotel, I can host (I'm doing it via coach surfing usually).

Cheers,
David
increpare
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2011, 08:03:37 AM »

clarification + edit to original post:

Starts at 6 on the Friday.  There'll be people around before, but that's the time I'd aim for.
dontkickpenguins
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2011, 09:22:08 AM »

Do you know what time it will end? I'm booking a coach in advance you see and it's asking me for a return time.

increpare
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »

Monday is usually pretty laid back.  We'll probably be around until the evening (sixish), but people will probably be leaving at various points during the day.
dontkickpenguins
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »

Monday is usually pretty laid back.  We'll probably be around until the evening (sixish), but people will probably be leaving at various points during the day.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks a lot!

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »

I'll go to one of these some day. Preferably when I've got money. Enjoy guys.
Anthony Hart-Jones
Level 0

AAA escapee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »

It suddenly occurs to me... 

Parking is a nightmare in Cambridge, both in terms of space and cost.  Anyone know what's going to be the best way to deal with parking in the area?  I'm willing to consider park and ride if it is cheaper than parking in Cambridge itself.  (for reference, I'll be staying with friends in the Duxford area opposite the museum)

Working on Noir Past Mistakes Noir and looking for an artist
Wyzfen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »

It suddenly occurs to me...  

Parking is a nightmare in Cambridge, both in terms of space and cost.  Anyone know what's going to be the best way to deal with parking in the area?  I'm willing to consider park and ride if it is cheaper than parking in Cambridge itself.  (for reference, I'll be staying with friends in the Duxford area opposite the museum)

There's a multistory carpark across the road from cb2 (the grafton east car park) - could be a bit pricey for a full day (£21 on the saturday).

The park and ride is probably the best bet for anyone driving. (£2 for a p+r ticket)
It looks like 4 of the park and ride busses stop near cb2 (and the rest are a 10 minute walk away)

There's also a regular bus form duxford (since you're out there) to the bus station, which is a 10 minute walk away.

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2011, 04:10:07 AM »

The other option is, if you don't mind a bit of walking, to park in a quiet residential street away from the centre (so most likely North and/or East of CB2) and walk in. Many of them still don't have parking controls of any kind.

DavidPartouche
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »

I think that the train station car park is free (but I'm not sure, I don't have a car, though I've haven't seen any parking meter when I'm crossing it), and it's around 10min walk to CB2.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic