Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411709 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 05:42:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7314007 times)
Eraser
« Reply #10600 on: September 28, 2010, 05:05:14 AM »

This is the first pixel art I've done in a very long time... first of the year, I think!

Suggestions?

Cool sprite Smiley I like how you did the detail on the face, I always end up resorting to big cutesy eyes at that size. Not very clear what the black dog thing is - some sort of spirit thing or is it more like an evil hat?
He's both! A haunted head piece of sorts. I wasn't sure how the readability turned out, but thank you!

Here's a concept piece I just finished for reference of what they're supposed to look like - it does contain a bit of nudity so be warned:
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/delia123/Green/anothercrudeconcept.png
Well to me it's hard to read for the mere fact that it doesn't have any real detail or shading to it yet, so it looks like it's behind the sprite instead of on her head.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10601 on: September 28, 2010, 06:08:47 AM »

This is the first pixel art I've done in a very long time... first of the year, I think!

Suggestions?

Cool sprite Smiley I like how you did the detail on the face, I always end up resorting to big cutesy eyes at that size. Not very clear what the black dog thing is - some sort of spirit thing or is it more like an evil hat?
He's both! A haunted head piece of sorts. I wasn't sure how the readability turned out, but thank you!

Here's a concept piece I just finished for reference of what they're supposed to look like - it does contain a bit of nudity so be warned:
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/delia123/Green/anothercrudeconcept.png

I really like your style and art even though I've just seen 3 things now.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

DanFornace
Level 1

danfornace.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10602 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:44 PM »

Turning this-

(Click for bigger image)

-into a short game project. I decided that to be playable the characters have to be smaller. I also desaturated the greens a little bit.

So far I am working on my mario sprite

Here is the first attempt at an Idle Animation

I ended up deciding that the line made the head look too big (i inteded it to be the overalls line, so I moved it up. I also added some more shadding and got rid of the back and forth idle for attempt 2.

Second Idle Attempt

Here is my tilest for Hyrule-

-Dan
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:56:08 PM by DanFornace » Logged
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10603 on: September 28, 2010, 01:37:38 PM »

I thought about this last time you posted that mockup but never got round to looking at it closer - I was wondering if brightening the backdrop a bit would help to keep the characters and platforms clearer.

so the darkest colour is reserved for foreground stuff only. I'm not entirely convinced, it's a bit less interesting to look at really. But thought I'd post it anyway. Coffee

The Mario sprite is looking good. Link will be interesting to reduce I'm sure!

I did a run:

Thanks to those who commented about the roll anim, very encouraging :D

Bandages
« Reply #10604 on: September 28, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

d'aaaaw?  Shrug

Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #10605 on: September 28, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »

some kinda... panda slime

DanFornace
Level 1

danfornace.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10606 on: September 28, 2010, 03:42:41 PM »

I thought about this last time you posted that mockup but never got round to looking at it closer - I was wondering if brightening the backdrop a bit would help to keep the characters and platforms clearer.

so the darkest colour is reserved for foreground stuff only. I'm not entirely convinced, it's a bit less interesting to look at really. But thought I'd post it anyway. Coffee

The Mario sprite is looking good. Link will be interesting to reduce I'm sure!

I did a run:

Thanks to those who commented about the roll anim, very encouraging :D

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I think its a good idea. The only problem I see is now the building looks like its further back and the platforms are just floating there. I might keep that the case on every level except the middle of this one (so that side one will follow your advice, but the middle won't) That way the player knows that the wall is supposed to be directly behind them. I'll play around with it. But I agree that keeping that dark color to pop the foreground out is a very good idea!

Thanks about the Mario. Yes Link will be tough, but he will probably be using the whole 16x16 to get it to work.

Also, I really liked the flip from earlier, especially the subtle things like the glasses bounce. I am amazed at the amount of character you can fit into your pixels. The run is looking really good too. Can't wait to see more. Yay limited palettes!

-Dan
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10607 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »

Pixelled for fun.  And for color practice.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10608 on: September 28, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »

rad stuff, Caliber Nate, but what's the red thing waist high...the fish's tail? Looks kinda strange...that is a fish, right?

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10609 on: September 28, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »

thanks Xion!  Yeah its a fish. that's supposed to be his tail fin. Not sure what to change to make that more obvious  Lips Sealed haha.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10610 on: September 28, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »

ah I think it was obvious but it just looks kind of strange to me. The fish question was more like "why is there a fish on that person's head" than "is that a fish" I dunno maybe I'm crazy.

Nix
« Reply #10611 on: September 28, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »

thanks Xion!  Yeah its a fish. that's supposed to be his tail fin. Not sure what to change to make that more obvious  Lips Sealed haha.

Oh, yeah. It wasn't totally obvious to me at first that the tail was part of the fish. I thought it was just some strange accessory on the clothing. I think maybe it would be more obvious is the fish was a different color than the rest of the clothing, perhaps, besides red?
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10612 on: September 28, 2010, 11:34:15 PM »

Just for fun.

Bander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: September 29, 2010, 05:25:55 AM »

Pixelled for fun.  And for color practice.

needed to bring this along to this page...
hehe cool idea, wish i could carry along my koi karp like that (eh... not really when i think about it Tongue).
Nice colors!
About the fin though, i thought that it looked more like a cetacean tail than a fish's tail

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10614 on: September 29, 2010, 07:30:10 AM »

Thanks everyone.  I tried to fix the tail. Do you think it reads better like this?

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10615 on: September 29, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »

Considerably. Looks more visibly fishy  Smiley

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Nix
« Reply #10616 on: September 29, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »

Thanks everyone.  I tried to fix the tail. Do you think it reads better like this?

Yes, definitely. I like that a lot actually...
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10617 on: September 29, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »

Just some quick animation fun.

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10618 on: September 29, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »

That's kinda disturbing but definitely cool.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10619 on: September 29, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »

*while the chicken dance plays in the background*

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic