Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 06:28:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory - Unique Puzzle Platformer.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory - Unique Puzzle Platformer.  (Read 1703 times)
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »

Hi all!

We just launched our first commercial project, 'Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory' :D
In 2010, We won the IGF China with our freeware game, 'Sugar Cube'. This is the full version of it.

Game info

Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory is a 2D platformer game that presents the story of a sugar cube. A cube of sugar escapes the factories to avoid the fate of being a cookie! The backgrounds of the game have two sides, namely, the front and the back. So depending on how you play, the environments will very often be vastly different. The game includes 5 factory themes containing 90 levels and 2 endings.

Platform : Winfows PC (4.99$)

More information : http://www.turtle-cream.com/eng/31
Game play trailer (Youtube) :

We started to sell our game on our official blog(http://www.turtle-cream.com) and IndieCity. Desura & Indievania wil be added soon. Feel free to check our game and give a great feedback!

* Affiliate program turned on. If your are affiliate and interested. please search 'Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory on BMT Micro. Thanks.

About us

Our team, Turtle Cream is started career as students of the Sogang Univ. Game education center in Korea. From 2011, we became independent studio. our 1st. freeware 'Cut & Paste' got several positive feedbacks, 2nd. freeware 'Sugar Cube' won IGF 2010 China Best Game.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:42:24 AM by Sun Park » Logged

Turtle Cream / Creative Director
EdenIndustries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:52:22 PM »

Looks awesome! Hear anything back from Steam since we chatted last?

Ryan Vandendyck - Founder - Eden Industries
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:06:37 AM »

There's a mistake in the trailer text; says "it's" when it should say "its" ...

The game is pretty neat!  I played the demo until it crashed on a level with one enemy and disappearing tiles -- it sent a crash report, so hopefully you got that.  I like the flipping mechanic and the style; may try again later to see more of it.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »

When I went back to your game in my start menu, I noticed that your company is named

"Turtle Cream"

... I see now it's in the post, but it didn't sink in until it was a folder on my start menu, heh.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »

Looks awesome! Hear anything back from Steam since we chatted last?
Nope. I'm still waiting now.
Can I resubmit to Steam. I don't know about their process. Sad

iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »

When I went back to your game in my start menu, I noticed that your company is named

"Turtle Cream"

... I see now it's in the post, but it didn't sink in until it was a folder on my start menu, heh.

Thanks a lot! But you know I can't replace movie on Youtube.
We got that report and Now working to fix some bugs include what you said. Smiley

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »

The puzzles felt like they had too much trial-and-error, since half the time you can't see if there's a panel on the reverse side of the level, so you end up jumping around just to look for a tile to flip, or bumping into one by accident and falling to your death.

There weren't enough new gameplay elements introduced quickly enough and I got pretty bored.

The sound effects and music got annoying pretty quickly.  I'd suggest changing the jump and springboard sounds especially. 

I got a BEX crash when it quit.
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 03:50:00 AM »

The puzzles felt like they had too much trial-and-error, since half the time you can't see if there's a panel on the reverse side of the level, so you end up jumping around just to look for a tile to flip, or bumping into one by accident and falling to your death.

There weren't enough new gameplay elements introduced quickly enough and I got pretty bored.

The sound effects and music got annoying pretty quickly.  I'd suggest changing the jump and springboard sounds especially. 

I got a BEX crash when it quit.

Thanks for your great feedback. I agree that our game system will be confused to players. It was too hard to introduce all elements more smoothly. I'll consider about your advise when we doing update next time. Thanks!

potexto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »

I played your game but I could not finish it. It was really too hard.  Undecided And the mecanics are really confusing.
iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »

I played your game but I could not finish it. It was really too hard.  Undecided And the mecanics are really confusing.

Sorry about that. But some people saying our game is too easy. Even some expert players cleared all levels within 1 hour.
It's too hard for me to designing levels for all kind of players. Tongue

iamsunpark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 06:45:43 AM »

Affiliate program available. If you are affiliate and interested, please search 'Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory' on BMT Micro.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic