Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:15:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPaintShip - Draw your ship, then do battle!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PaintShip - Draw your ship, then do battle!  (Read 1665 times)
Urthen
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »

Hi! I've been lurking around here on and off for a while and just finally made something I think is worth sharing.

PaintShip! paintship.paranoidstudios.com

I developed this game for the Experimental Gameplay Project, but I'm so darned attached to it I want to continue. So I'm advertising it in other venues.

What exactly is PaintShip? An experimental barrage space shooter where you get to design and equip your own ship before playing. Fight and level up through 4 (or more, I plan to add new levels on a regular basis!) unique and challenging levels. Once you think you've mastered it, take on the Asteroid Attack and survive for as long as you can against an increasingly tough swarm of enemies!

Think the game is cool? I've added tons of social networking features to the site to keep you on top of my development. Follow the twitter feed and become a fan on facebook to get regular updates on my progress! Later in development I plan on adding social sharing abilities in the game itself, allowing you to post a ship you design directly to your facebook page or twitter feed for friends to view and play.

But thats not all!

I've also made a pledge that whenever I get certain donation amounts, I'll add levels, grunts, and bosses according to the donator's specifications. For more details, follow the link and read the complete list of donator payouts at the bottom!

Join me and the rest of the internet making this game a big indie success. With enough support I want to release a new version for the web, and with significant financial support, I'll consider port it to the iPhone and/or Wii as well.

So go play! paintship.paranoidstudios.com
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »

It's a great idea but I think it could do with some work on the implementation. The control scheme is really weird and hard to use, and I could never tell exactly what triggered my ship to fire its lasers. It's also pretty hard, I died twice on the first level and didn't feel much motivation to continue. I really liked the uber laser though!

Two other things, first of all I think the player's ship should be bigger - I could hardly even see what I had drawn. Secondly, I think you should speed up the scene at the start of the level where the player's ship gets drawn in. It's annoying to have to wait so long each time, and I can imagine the problem would be worse if I had drawn a more complex image for my ship.

ChevyRay
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 12:35:39 AM »

Hey Urthen, your game looks pretty awesome so far! Just don't forget to introduce yourself here first, and check out some of the forum's guidelines. Once we're made to feel that you're here to be a part of the community, and not just pimp your stuff, then you're like to get much more feedback on your game Smiley
Urthen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:34:27 AM »

Hey Urthen, your game looks pretty awesome so far! Just don't forget to introduce yourself here first, and check out some of the forum's guidelines. Once we're made to feel that you're here to be a part of the community, and not just pimp your stuff, then you're like to get much more feedback on your game Smiley

Sure thing! I'll head over there now.
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »

Also, in case a moderator/administrator notifies this, this should be in feedback. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic