Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 12:47:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDelusional nutjob threatened to kill me today.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Delusional nutjob threatened to kill me today.  (Read 5112 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:31:33 AM »

Here's the situation:

I got a job working at the local tech college. Landscaping. Picking weeds and sometimes shoveling dirt around. Nothing much.

I've been partnered up with a rich wannabe gangster kid from the suburbs.

He leaves whenever there's any sort of shoveling work to be done, and his wannabe gangster attitude was really wearing me thin all day.

He left early today. I took my break.

Went into the computer lab for my break.

Now, I like to sit in places where nobody can read over my shoulder. I don't know why. Just the way I am.

And I noticed that there was one wannabe gangster guy, blue bandanna over his head and everything, sitting in the lab. Everyone else was crowded very far back from this guy, glancing over at him from time to time. I should have taken that as a warning.

But I didn't.

I realized that there was a biiiiiiig open space next to this wannabe gangster, and I chose to sit at the computer directly across from him, facing him, a foot from him. Cozy little place, nobody around, nobody to look over my shoulder. I posted on tigsource, started writing a story, was just settling in when the wannabe gangster man, looking at his myspace page, turns his head and shouts across the lab.

"You better not talk to me like that again, boy. I'm gonna kill you."

Well shit. That freaked me out a little. I looked over in the direction he was speaking. There were (edit: only three people in that part of the lab,) one couple and one black guy a few seats away from him.

As time went on, he continued making these threats. I was getting a little angry. Frustrated. Pissed off at the jerk.

"Oh shut up!" I yelled.

Everyone looked over at me.

"Jeezus christ, this is pathetic," I added. (For good measure.)

Now, [the couple that were sitting] on the side of the lab that he was yelling at leaves, leaving only the black guy. So that narrows it down. I figure that's the guy he's yelling at.

And the guy did in fact shut up for a little while.

Then, he looks over again, and says, "you better not talk to me like that, boy. I got connections. We're gonna kill you."

Same tired tripe that he was spouting the entire time.

Fucking wannabe gangster, I think. I look over at the guy I think he's yelling at, and he isn't reacting. Just letting it go like dew off a ducks back. He's cool about it. He figures it's not a threat.

So I stand up after a minute..

Look down over this guy. Cast my glare over this guy. Stand tall over this guy. Just for a minute, amused.

And I don't say anything.

I just give him one of these things: "pfft."

And I walk away.

Later on, the cops come and usher the guy out of the lab.

I continued wandering around the grounds, picking weeds.

I see the black guy, the guy he was yelling at. I stop him and ask, "hey, what did you say to that jerk to piss him off so badly."

He says, "me? I didn't say anything. I thought he was talking to you."

Well, shit.

Looking back at it, I realize this wannabe gangster was talking to the couple. The couple that left when I stood up to him.

All threats afterward were directed at me.

And I was wearing my gardening hat. Took off my gardening gloves in the lab. Advertised the fact that I'm a gardener there.

Also, I realized that this wannabe gangsterboy was a helluva lot bigger than me.
Haha, well, shit.

My only regret was that there wasn't a pretty girl around to see me bullying the asshole.

The guy looked about 40, was really twitchy, and huge. When I was a logger, I probably could take him in a fair fight. As it stands right now, I've been a landscaper for the past couple months, and my muscle has atrophied a bit.

Ack.

"I'm connected." What the hell does that even mean? It's so hokey. Stupid wannabe gangster guy. Delusional nutjob.

If I stop posting here, then I've probably been stabbed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:22:27 PM by Smithy » Logged

increpare
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »

At least he didn't catch you with your monocle on, otherwise he'd have been able to track you down to these boards...
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it. People who talk shit mostly just talk shit.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it. People who talk shit mostly just talk shit.

Except the ones with access to things like guns or knives.

Gnarf
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:48:48 AM »

And the connected ones.

Don't get stabbed?
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »

Huh. Impressive fending off, at least. Too bad you couldn't have given his ass a good whoopin, but you take what you can get. Wink

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 12:14:50 PM »

wannabe gangster kid

These are the key words. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Besides, Assholes appear everywhere. College, the internet, ...Well, most assholes hang out at college or the internet. Still, I doubt you should be worried.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »

The guy looked about 40, was really twitchy, and huge.

Also key words.

But I think you're right, the guy was a bluffer.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »

I don't think he was talking to anybody, was probably talking to the screen or high on drug.
Drug that he could have stuffed in your belly and sent you over the border
Or YOU could have stuffed it in his belly first, and put him under a tree somewhere...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

I always have problem understanding that "I'm going to kill you" attitude and the fact it is kind of tolerated in our modern societies. That's not free speech, it's a threat.
A few years ago, there was a heinous crime in Montreal, three teenagers stormed the back of a Harvey's (junkfood) at closing time. They tied up the three unfortunate MINIMUM WAGE employees, then proceeded to loot the place. Then, they stabbed the MINIMUM WAGE employees, killing two, leaving one for dead. With the amazing booty (1500$ CANADIAN-8 years ago, that was'nt much), they bought themselves fancy clothes and cellphones. Fortunately, the survivor was able to indentify one of them as an ex-employee.But man...Killing MINIMUM WAGE employees to buy a puffy coat and cellphone? What kind of fu**ed up values these teenagers must've had.
Still, even if your guy was a bluffer, I would report the incident to the college security. You never know.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:05:16 PM »

Your stories are always so cool, Smithy.

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »

Looking back at it, I realize this wannabe gangster was talking to the couple. The couple that left when I stood up to him.

All threats afterward were directed at me.

People always say, "Just ignore them and they'll go away!"  What they really mean is, "Just ignore them and they'll pick on someone else!"  So I have a lot of respect for the people who stand up to arseholes.

PS. Does your college have trees?  Perhaps you could cut some down late at night and build your muscles back up.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 08:38:07 AM »

You still alive over there Smithy? Or should we be watching the news for stabbing reports?
Jrsquee
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »

Your stories are always so cool, Smithy.

Fix'd.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »

You still alive over there Smithy? Or should we be watching the news for stabbing reports?

Cave Story

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »

Yay!

EDIT: Oh, whilst I'm at it, I'd like to second Pacain's congratulations. Ain't many people I've seen who actively stand up to threatening bastards like that. Never been in the situation myself, but odds on, I wouldn't. And the abuse wasn't even directed at you! (Or, uh, so you thought.) Good to hear there are people like you still around.

Cave Story
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:04:14 PM by Gainsworthy » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »

The idea of somebody killing smithy is ridiculous. Since, as we all know, he is a spambot, you would have to destroy the entire internet to kill him.

medieval
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 04:13:25 AM »

I also second Pacian.

Both his congratulations and his suggestion to go logging again.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:20 AM »

Jeez.  Way to go, Smithy!  It's good to hear people can still stand up for themselves without getting killed for it.  Next beer's on me.

Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »

if he said that to me, i'd want to say "yeah, well i don't need connections, i have a petrol mower." followed quickly by a hand motion indicating comtempt.

But thats just me, and thats how i roll.

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic