Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 09:19:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAdventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery (Metroidvania with Monkeys!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery (Metroidvania with Monkeys!)  (Read 21625 times)
wyatt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2012, 04:43:45 AM »

hello there!

loving the game, but i'm kinda stuck...
it seems i have somehow totally skipped level 3 and went straight to level 4 (aquafier)
so i'm finding bomb ammo but can't use it?
is there any way i can get to level 3 without starting a new game?
thanks!
ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2012, 05:39:24 AM »

Hi wyatt! I don't know how that happened...there shouldn't be any way to get to level four without first having to defeat Arachnomax. That said, I left a few secret codes to get to various levels in the game, so if you wanted to give level three (and Arachnomax!) a try, when the start screen comes up, type in "threepotato" without the quotes, and start a New Game  Grin

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »

I recently entered the Mayan Mystery in the Independent Games Festival! Am sure there are going to be hundreds and hundreds of first-rate entries, but thought what the heck, it can't hurt to give it a shot, right?  Smiley

Spilli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »

I love this type of art in games. Great job.
ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2012, 06:38:03 AM »

Thanks Spilli! Every aspect of this game was a learning experience for me, but I really wanted to make the game visually appealing. It means a lot that you think it succeeded in that aspect!  Grin

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

So, I've had the good fortune of having the Mayan Mystery made part of the latest Indie Royale Bundle. It's pretty awesome seeing the number of bundles that get purchased, because even if only a small fraction of those people end up playing the game, it's reaching more people than I could have ever done on my own  Grin

mrj1nx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »

Congrats to being part of the bundle!  Beer!
ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »

Thanks djdolber! It was really nice to see the game be part of something like that. Was definitely the oddball game of the bunch, as the others look very polished and professional.

One cool thing about the experience has been the feedback. Though it's not too positive, there has been stuff pointed out that needs fixing or improving, so I'm hoping to have an update for my game soon. The major change is the player speed...I've slowed it down a tiny bit, and it seems to solve the one biggest complaint: timing/responsiveness of jumping.

Still trying to work my second game too Smiley

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »

Just found out the game has been put on jayisgames best indie platformer of 2012! Super excited to see something nice like that. Hopefully it'll get more than a couple votes, but it's in pretty tough company...

If you're feeling particularly charitable, a vote the Apes' way would be hugely appreciated Smiley

Here's the link:

Best Indie Platformer 2012 Voting

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »

Slushy Previews has 10 Desura keys to give away for the game if anyone is interested! Leave him a comment and you'll be entered to win a copy. Easy as pie  Grin

Here's a link to Slushy's take on the game:

Slushy Previews Youtube Channel

Jupiter_Hadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »

Hello! I love the sense of exploration you game has. No matter how many times I play it, I find some where I havent gone! Its amazing. The graphic are cute as well! I made a little (well sort of long) Let's Play of this game (and I got a copy for me, as well as one to give away) check it out?

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:17 AM »

The game was just put up on IndieGameStand! If you haven't already got yourself a copy, now's the chance to pay what you want for it, as well as help out Doctors Without Borders (10% of sales goes straight to them!)

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »

I went back and revisited the game after several issues were consistently coming up. Wiating for it to go through on Desura, but you can grab a copy(free demo, or full version) off the website.

Here's a list of the things that have been addressed in the latest version of the game:

- Xbox gamepad controls are built-in now! It definitely improves the gameplay experience!

- Reworked the tilesets and object quantities in every room of the game to improve overall performance (hopefully, any lag will be all but gone)

- Added automatic weapon firing. It's fast enough for most situations, but you can still hammer the buttons/keyboard if you've got a really itchy trigger finger

- Got rid of the little blocks you could lift in the first room. It didn't serve any purpose later in the game, so they're gone.

- Added an extra life in the final level, and fixed a glitch in another, giving a total of 2 extra lives for the final level. They're absolutely needed if you stand any chance against the final boss!

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

I had been thinking about changing the opening level layout around for a while now. Before, it was a little slow going, as you'd only get a weapon at the very end.

Now, the weapon is available right away, so you can blast your way through more bad guys as you make your way into the temple!

It was recently updated on Desura, and as usual, the demo version (which had an error message that I missed the first time around) is now fixed and ready to go!

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »

So, I'm resurrecting a dead thread here, but it's for a good reason...
I just had this game Greenlit on Steam!
It was also part of the Be Mine 24 Bundle on Groupees.com

It's kind of odd, because I really haven't done much with the game the last few years, and after the lukewarm reception it had on it's original release, it's pretty encouraging and uplifting to see that people are still willing to give it a shot. Perhaps the real secret is to roll out the same game every few years after the previous wave of people have forgotten about it  Durr...?

Anyways, I'm going through the process of getting the game set up for the Steam store, and am hoping to have some Achievements and stuff ready to go for the launch. Like I said, it's pretty exciting to see the game get a second chance, and I hope that if you haven't previously tried it that you will give it a shot on Steam!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic