Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 04:19:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHuman Simulator: Kickstarter now live!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Human Simulator: Kickstarter now live!  (Read 1663 times)
jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:53:52 PM »

Human Simulator

Follow me on Twitter

Update: Checkout my Kickstarter Page

Trailer

Description
Have you always wondered what the life of a human is like? Wait no longer thanks to the Human Simulator! Experience a more primitive life as you struggle for income, scavenge for food, find activities that give you purpose all while preventing constant impending death around every corner. Experience the thrill of life in a fragile bod! How long can you survive?

Example of gameplay
The gameplay in Human Simulator is completely up to you. The world can continue without you so it's naturally trying to kill you; how many days can you survive? The goal is to live a routine life for as many days as possible. If you instigate chaos it will only increase the intensity/difficulty. Your decisions matter; If you're late for work often, you will be fired and force you to find other means of income. Every building/object has a purpose. The game focuses on fun detailed interactions. Explore what secrets the town can offer and enjoy the immersive experience of what it's like to live as a human!

Art
The art's goal is be realistic with an element of style. For example, civilian's aren't meant to be photo realistic nor are the colours (mainly because I'm colourblind  Big Laff). There is an exaggeration to give it a bit of a cartoon-ish feel in a believable real world.

Dev Log
For this first entry, basically the game is at a state where the town is mostly complete. This referring to the layout, buildings (houses, stores, etc) are done but not small details like props and decals. I'm currently working on how the player interacts with objects via picking it up and using different types of objects. I'm going to ideally update here weekly, you can follow me on Twitter were I plan to post updates/screenshots more frequently.

Since I'm the only person working on this game I jump around from art, animation and programming so some updates will feel heavier in certain areas.

Some Art
House

Police Station

Firestation (emergency response comes from here)

Hospital (heal/repair injuries, etc)

Office (Your job)

Shark

Weapon (Desert Eagle)

Interaction with objects (picking up world objects)

drive through cemetery (starting destruction, no particle debris yet)

Early WIP of shark animation (not that happy with it)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:37:51 PM by jambri » Logged

Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »

I really like this idea! Looking forward to seeing more  Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »

Entering Simulation (Pre-Effects)
..it's not liking my looping gif, if it doesn't work just click here:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:12:16 PM by jambri » Logged

jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »

When you find key items, this screen pops up showing the item name, number and a brief description. Then it's added to your cache of collectables.

Fire animation with recoil. Still has a temporary muzzle flash particle.

Traffic lights in working order, includes crosswalks!

I updated the grass to a different colour / mesh. As much as I liked the neon colour, my girlfriend convinced me it was better. I also had the opportunity to increase performance with it.

Aloft
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:06:50 PM »

Lol, "St. Hospital". I would make it "St. Jesus Hospital", hehe.

I think I would careful about the animal abuse stuff. A gif of a player picking up a cat and crushing it against a roof is not going to win you friends. While it is fiction, and pretty legal as far as I know, many would consider it in bad taste, and if anything, I would not publish that gif as representative of the work.

CesarD8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:23:13 PM »

The idea reminds me of those times that I tried to be a good citizen in GTA and somehow failed miserably. I look forward to seeing how it shapes up  Smiley

jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 10:00:48 AM »

Lol, "St. Hospital". I would make it "St. Jesus Hospital", hehe.

I think I would careful about the animal abuse stuff. A gif of a player picking up a cat and crushing it against a roof is not going to win you friends. While it is fiction, and pretty legal as far as I know, many would consider it in bad taste, and if anything, I would not publish that gif as representative of the work.

This is a really good point, thanks for that input!

jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »

A quick update:

Basically I'm at the point I'm trying to revamp the terrain's appearance (more detail meshes, etc.) and colour correct the trees to match. I'm preparing a lot of assets for a vertical slice trailer, most of the outside is ...done, minus lots of polish/small details whereas the interior props will be the next major step before working more on the programming.

Here is an updated look at the Pawn shop with graphics on the windows now.

AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 02:28:32 AM »

Well, it seems that this game will become some kind of crazy sandbox, It will be funny to play it, I have always wanted to drive through a graveyard.

You are doing it nice, keep the good work. About art, 3d models look detailed and realistic, but I think that some work on textures would help (though not necessary). Since it would be a lot of work, maybe you can find some assets or an artist who can help you a bit.

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
Ashmor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 03:51:45 AM »

Wow, great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing more!
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »

I'm smelling a boatload of comedic potential Beer!

jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »

I've been doing a lot of programming work and getting assets ready to cut a trailer hopefully this week.

I've mostly completed the title screen:

I still find it a bit too empty. I've been trying to figure out what to put in the field near the bottom, you can see the cropped out (darker) areas of that complete image that have nothing of interest.

trying to fine tune a lot of bugs in AI currently, lots of work with little to show for it unfortunately.

jambri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 05:01:31 PM »

Been busy getting the trailer done for my kickstarter/greenlight campaigns, lots added and I'm pretty much 50% of the way at this point.

Kickstarter Page
Steam Greenlight

Check it out here:

Here are some screenshots:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:55:28 PM by jambri » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic